Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2023

Translation

Max "why is Chico still ahead of me

Team "we are not worries about that

Max "but i am

:D

Well done Perez!
Max won't like that one bit, but he got his fastest lap point so he still the no. 1 special boy.

Reactions: Ax^
ah he'll be screwing and will push to not see it happen again

why go into the out just so he did not have to shake Perez hand to quickly

hmm red bull driver relationship is not going to last the year

Chico asking Max about his instructions about the race pace calls he received towards the end of the race

:D get in Chico

Jos Verstappen still being a cock

chico should be talking to Alonso about his retirement plans

can see his race pace being slightly changed for the next few races

some dodgy delta times from the team instructed to him over the course of the race

also as i said Jos looking like his son had come last instead of second ...

be straight on the horne/Marko complaint line about his special boy

they had a talk and a handshake before speaking to the arse licking Coulthard

but think that line about what delta the team were giving max in the cold down room was more Telling :D

Sorry, late to the party.

Nothing much to add to the collective wisdom and commentary here, except to say the National Anthem was a complete shambles, and that Fulham imploding to pick up 3 (three!) red cards in one incident will feature in the history books.

was wondering why we did not anthem watch lime juice :hmm:

no one else watching the Villinerve doco that follow instead of Ted note book

Max being a bell end in Press conference "im not here to be second, i'm here to fight for a championship"

and skipping the team meeting

second race and they are a second ahead of the entire field

but max feels the team did not sacrifice Checo for him

even Nico Rosberg point out that a bit petulant

Last edited:
Did anyone see the unamused, ungracious look on Verstappen Senior's dial when Checo was hugging and clapping everyone on the team? He looked like someone gave him a proctological exam with a garden hoe.

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, and the wife-beating papa is a cunt.

Did anyone see the unamused, ungracious look on Verstappen Senior's dial when Checo was hugging and clapping everyone on the team? He looked like someone gave him a proctological exam with a garden hoe.

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, and the wife-beating papa is a cunt.

Good thing the BBC don't have race coverage anymore

don't think even fiona Bruce could defend Jos with pre written contractual obliged comments

:hmm:

‘I want to be champion’: Sergio Perez’s deleted tweet​

Perez posted to Twitter: “It was tougher than I thought, but in the end I’m happy to get my fifth victory in F1. Very happy with the result of the team. We are going to keep pushing very hard, I want to be champion”.

However, the Mexican driver quickly deleted the post, uploading the same tweet without the line: “I want to be champion”.

‘I want to be champion’: Sergio Perez’s deleted tweet​

Perez posted to Twitter: “It was tougher than I thought, but in the end I’m happy to get my fifth victory in F1. Very happy with the result of the team. We are going to keep pushing very hard, I want to be champion”.

However, the Mexican driver quickly deleted the post, uploading the same tweet without the line: “I want to be champion”.
Jeepers!

Is the Verstappen (père et fils) sense of entitlement so monstrous that it's a heresy for another driver to even dream of winning?

There must be a feeling of menace around that team if Checo has to pretend he doesn't hope to beat Max.

Aston Martin partially reveal cause of Stroll’s DNF at Jeddah​

Lance Stroll retired early from the 2023 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, and while Aston Martin have an idea of the issue that caused his stoppage, they have not yet found the root of the problem. Stroll was running in the points having passed Carlos Sainz for P4 at Turn 13 on the opening lap, but the Canadian driver soon found that his promising start was dwindling away, after he pulled off the track on Lap 16, bringing out a Safety Car soon afterwards. “We were just losing power every lap, like six, seven laps kind of thing, just a second and a half every lap and eventually it was game over,” said Stroll after the race. “They were [applying the fire extinguisher] on the brakes, but there was some smoke from the engine,” he added.

Team Principal Mike Krack who at least got to enjoy Fernando Alonso taking a second straight podium in P3, before losing it to a post-race penalty and then having it reinstated again shone some more light on the incident after the team had brought the car back into the garage, saying: “It is a real shame that Lance was forced to retire early with an energy recovery issue, the cause of which is still being investigated, because he had strong pace and would surely have scored big points tonight as well.” Stroll, who picked up points in the season opening Bahrain Grand Prix, said it was “disappointing” to end his race early after passing the Ferrari of Sainz on Lap 1.

“It was disappointing to retire from the Grand Prix after such a promising weekend. I had a great start and really enjoyed overtaking Carlos [Sainz] around the outside of Turn 13,” he said. “It is not the result we wanted, but we leave Saudi Arabia knowing that we have a very competitive car and we will pick up the fight next time out in Australia,” said Stroll.
Despite Stroll’s retirement, Aston Martin head to Australia second in the championship and level with Mercedes.

Verstappen and Perez demand grid box rule change​

Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez have joined forces in calling upon the FIA to make a change to the grid box rule currently in place that has caught out Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon in the opening two races of the F1 season. Ocon and Alonso were both handed five-second penalties in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia respectively for being marginally out of position in their grid slots ahead of the race starts. Ironically in both instances, taking the initial penalty at their first pit stops resulted in additional 10-second penalties for further infringements.

In Ocon’s case, the second sanction was justified. With regard to Alonso, the decision was subsequently overturned by the stewards and led to him being reinstated into the third position he had taken at the chequered flag. Red Bull drivers Verstappen and Perez both feel the punishment is harsh, in particular, as the drivers are taking pot luck over their positioning when they roll their cars into place due to the lack of visibility. “It is painful when it happens but it’s a bit the same with the white line with track limits,” said reigning two-time F1 champion Verstappen. “Sometimes you argue – did you gain anything going wide or not, going outside of it? I think at one point we do need a rule. It looks really silly if people start to take advantage of going really left and right but I don’t know what we can do better. The visibility is just really poor in the car, which I think is probably the main issue where you end up sometimes not fully, correctly in your box.”

Perez calls for better visibility idea
Team-mate Perez feels the drivers need assistance to prevent further incidents in the future, and penalties for what Mercedes driver George Russell has described as “senseless” rules. “It’s really difficult to see where you’ve stopped,” said Perez, who has confirmed he stopped too early in his RB19 ahead of the race at the Jeddah Corniche Circuit. “But you have no idea when you are in the car. You don’t know if you are too far behind or too far forward. We need better visibility, to be able to come up with a better idea than we currently have. It’s good there is a rule in place, but at the same time, sometimes it’s like luck, to be honest, where you position yourself.”

Back
Top Bottom