Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2023

Saudi Arabian Grand Prix starting grid​

8f04dd4b4b2762fddef2c36ec9b4c1789b25131a.jpg

Tyre strategy​

F1 tyre supplier Pirelli says the fastest strategy is set to be a one-stop, with simulations showing the combination of the Medium and Hard tyre set to be slightly quicker than the two other options available. The pit window of the optimal Medium/Hard strategy will be between laps 18 and 25, while those electing to run a Soft/Hard strategy are set to pit between lap 13 and 20. For those running the Medium/Soft this changes to between lap 27 and 34. The only two-stop strategy on offer would involve starting on the Soft, swapping to the Medium between laps 10 and 15, then going back to the Soft between laps 32 and 38.

[With a one stop being fastest the big question is can Max fly through the field from 15 and not damage his tyres? Does he still have 2 sets of softs (I think he does), if so I think he'll go for the 2 stop and hope for a well timed safety car. He is around 8/10ths faster than all the other cars and 6/10ths faster than his team mate. There are 50 laps so for sure he has the laps and speed to move up, can he get to the front? I think he can with the right strategy and the help of a well timed safety car. I hope he doesn't but he has the car to break my heart :) ]

Red Bull replaces Verstappen's gearbox again after driveshaft failure

Red Bull has elected to change Max Verstappen's gearbox for the second time ahead of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix. Verstappen suffered a driveshaft failure during the second part of qualifying, which leaves him starting from P15 on the grid. After changing his gearbox on Saturday morning, the team has reverted back to the one he used on Friday. The team has also elected to change the left- and right-hand side suspension including driveshafts on his car ahead of the race. The Dutchman will take no penalties for the component changes.

Brundle if max can get to p2 .. Perez should have the race

:hmm:

reached for crystal ball
dodgy pit call coming into play

i'm still confused as to why we had a safety car and why stroll stopped

or why its taking mroe than 2 laps to move a car down a friggin service road

this is weird

i'm still confused as to why we had a safety car and why stroll stopped

or why its taking mroe than 2 laps to move a car down a friggin service road

this is weird

yep, no need for safety car Stroll wasn't on the track:mad:

Reactions: Ax^
still nothing on why he bloody stopped either car did not sounds like it was falling apart and no fire in the breaks

did he just fancy an early flight home :hmm:

ffs someone poke Bernie and get her to call her old team :D

ah mother out of the country so get to watch the race

:D

have to get your racing bug with the bmx's spitfire :(

She did really well in the last race. 1st place till the final berm when she got sandwiched and squeezed back to 4th. After getting 7/8 all day we’ll take that. Was a great final race.

Back now.

I was going to ask what happened to stroll but looks like no one knows. :D

Back
Top Bottom