Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2022

McLaren provide Norris illness update ahead of Monaco Grand Prix

McLaren’s Lando Norris has revealed how tonsillitis affected him during the Spanish Grand Prix after he battled through to finish eighth. Norris went to the circuit on Sunday feeling unwell, and was even unable to speak to his race engineer Will Joseph while in the car, so had to press buttons on the wheel to communicate. Having qualified 11th on Saturday after his Q2 lap was deleted though, the Briton came through and achieved a magnificent eighth-placed finish, defying his intense discomfort to score points for the team. He was excused of his media duties after the race, and headed back to his motorhome to be see to by team doctors. He revealed that he had been “suffering with my throat and my eyes and seeing.”

In the team review, the 22-year-old said the illness, coupled with the extreme heat and managing extensive tyre degradation, made for a mightily difficult afternoon. “Today was tough, I was feeling really unwell before the race as I’m suffering with tonsillitis, and that, in combination with the high temperatures, made this one of the hardest races I’ve ever done,” said Norris. “I’ve been a bit on the backfoot this weekend as most of my energy has been spent fighting off this illness. I’ve had to miss a lot of engineering sessions, which has compromised my weekend, and I definitely wasn’t as prepared for the Grand Prix as I could have been. With that in mind, I’m really pleased to have come out of the race with decent points for the team.”

Team principal Andreas Seidl thanked the medical staff for keeping his young driver safe, and assured that he would not have let Norris race if he believed he would be at risk. “We obviously have a doctor involved in decisions like that and we wouldn’t ever risk the health of Lando,” he said. “After the doctor gave the green light today and after Lando was clear from his side that he would give it a go, we went for it. Obviously he was not feeling well all weekend. When your energy levels are low with tonsillitis – which he was suffering from – it was a very challenging race and afternoon. Especially in these hot temperatures as well. So he was pretty flat towards the end of the race and after the race, but thanks to the great medical support here and also within the team that he has around him.”

As for the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend, the German anticipates that the six-time podium finisher will be fine. “The objective is clear now for the next phase. We need to make sure he gets some good rest now in the next four days before we then go again in Monaco,” explained Seidl. “I think with the medical support we have as well and with having the possibility now to rest for four days, I’m hopeful that Lando will be fit. But as you know, we have different options in terms of reserve drivers prepared to pull from in case of an emergency. But again, we’re quite hopeful that Lando will be okay again.”

Norris’ team-mate Daniel Ricciardo had contrasting fortunes, finishing the race down in P12 having started ninth, and his performances have now prompted pressure from CEO Zak Brown, who said he “would like to see Daniel much closer to Lando.”

Aramco has option to own part of Aston Martin F1 team

Saudi Arabian company Aramco has an option to own a 10% stake in the Aston Martin Formula 1 team, newly-published documents reveal. Aston Martin agreed a long-term partnership with the state-owned oil and gas company ahead of the 2022 season. Aramco’s sponsorship rights as the team’s new ‘strategic partner’ included Aston Martin being officially entered as Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula 1 Team, with Aramco placed ahead of 2021 signing – and title partner – Cognizant. Documents detailing the annual accounts of AMR GP Limited, the F1 team’s operating company, reveal that Aramco’s deal also grants it an option to subscribe for 10% of the issued ordinary share capital.

It means Aramco has the right to own a 10% stake of Aston Martin’s F1 team. Aramco’s “strategic partnership” with Aston Martin has a research and development goal to “drive the development of highly efficient internal combustion engines, high-performance sustainable fuels, advanced lubricants and the deployment of non-metallic materials in vehicles”. The company, one of the wealthiest in the world, is also a major partner of F1 itself. It struck a deal to become an F1 “global partner” in 2020 and that led to Aramco being the title sponsor of a grand prix for the first time. If Aramco opted to buy into Aston Martin, though, it would mark the first time the Saudi Arabian company has actually part-owned a team. Saudi Arabian influence in international sports has grown in recent years, prompting accusations that the state is ‘sportswashing’ its human rights image.

Premier League football club Newcastle United is now owned by the Public Investment Fund, which is the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabian that exists to invest on behalf of the government but that is considered by English football’s authorities not to constitute the club being owned by the Saudi state itself. Aramco’s option to subscribe to shares was included in the team’s 2021 accounts as a relevant post-balance sheet event disclosed by AMR GP. The accounts reflect the ambitious nature of the Lawrence Stroll-led Aston Martin F1 project. It recorded a post-tax loss of £43m in 2021 and is embarking on major new factory plans that are being funded by a £200m loan secured in December last year. The accounts also reveal that one of the team’s major new technical recruits, former Mercedes chief aerodynamicist Eric Blandin, is joining as deputy technical director. He will support new Aston Martin technical director Dan Fallows, another leading F1 aerodynamicist who Aston Martin has hired from Red Bull.

Ex-F1 chief arrested in Brazil for having unlicensed gun in suitcase, faces four years in jail

Former Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone was arrested at an airport in Brazil when security officers found an unlicensed handgun in his luggage, but released shortly after on bail, media reports and police said Friday (AEST). The 91-year-old British magnate was detained Wednesday night on his way to board a flight at Viracopos International Airport outside Sao Paulo, local media reported. Police did not confirm Ecclestone’s arrest, but said an unnamed “businessman” had been detained after officers found a silver .32-caliber L.W. Seecamp pistol in his luggage during security screening.

The gun was unloaded and did not have a magazine, police said in a statement. “Federal agents brought the man in for questioning … He was charged with carrying a firearm in contravention of the law,” they said. He was granted provisional release after paying bail of 6,060 reais (approximately $AUD 1,791), they added. Ecclestone then boarded a private plane and left for Switzerland, where he moved after being ousted as F1 supremo in 2017. Ecclestone told police he was unaware the gun was in his luggage. He said he had bought it about five years ago from an F1 mechanic.

If convicted of illegally carrying a firearm, Ecclestone would face a prison term of up to four years. Ecclestone, who is married to Brazilian-born Fabiana Ecclestone, had been in Brazil for about a month, media reports said. The larger-than-life, famously autocratic businessman transformed F1 into a global multibillion-dollar commercial giant during his four decades at the helm, before being replaced as chief executive of the Formula One Group five years ago. A fisherman’s son and one-time second-hand car dealer, he has an estimated family fortune of $4 billion, according to Forbes magazine.

[Stand on me, Bernie isn't going to jail. This is Brazil and people like Bernie don't go to jail unless someone very powerful wants them in Jail. Bernie doesn't have any political enemies here as far as I know so he'll be OK. A fine that will be pocket change for him will be the outcome if it even gets to Court.]

Raikkonen set to make racing return this summer

2007 F1 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen will make a return to racing this summer. The 42-year-old, who raced in 349 Grands Prix, will compete for Trackhouse Racing in what will be his NASCAR Cup Series debut. The event will take place on the road course at Watkins Glen International on 21 August. It will not be the first time that Raikkonen has raced in NASCAR, though, with the Finn having competed in both the Camping World Truck Series and the Nationwide Series back in 2011. Those outings came during his break from Formula 1, which occurred between his exit from Ferrari in 2009 and his return with Lotus in 2012. During that period, Raikkonen also competed in rallying. It will be the first time that the 21-time Grand Prix winner has returned to the track since his final outing in F1 for Alfa Romeo at the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kimi in NASCAR, he'll be a breath of fresh air there. I'm not sure that classic tracks like Daytona will suit him though. Apart from Daytona being just a big oval the racing is, in my experience, just lots of cars bunched together a lot of the race.

The beach is nice though. I got a car stuck on it once. Nearly ran myself over because I'd left it in drive while I was half under it digging it out.

he lives in Monaco so no on getting away from the twat at least the merc are improving other wise we have a whole lot more of his passive aggressive ballocks that normally :/

McLaren to honour Senna legacy by permanently featuring logo on F1 cars

Ayrton Senna’s logo will permanently feature on McLaren’s F1 cars from the 2022 Monaco Grand Prix onwards. The late Brazilian legend, who won all three of his Formula 1 World Championships – as well as a record six Monaco Grands Prix – with McLaren, will have his legacy stamped on the MCL36 this weekend and beyond with the Senna Foundation logo appearing on the car's halo (main image, courtesy of McLaren).

"Starting from the 2022 Monaco Grand Prix, the McLaren MCL36 will carry the Senna logo, marking our commitment to celebrate his legacy. I can’t think of a better race than the Monaco Grand Prix to commence this recognition of Ayrton's life,” said McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown. “Having won the Grand Prix six times, more than any other driver, Ayrton proved that his skill and ability behind the wheel of an F1 car could rarely be matched. This addition to our F1 race cars will be permanent and has been added with the support of the Senna family. It will serve as a constant reminder of Ayrton Senna's sensational talent for us as a team, and for all our fans around the world. Ayrton Senna is, and always will be, a McLaren legend. His performances with McLaren, which earned him three Drivers' World Championships, cemented his place as one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers. When he tragically passed in 1994, the entire motorsport world felt a sense of irreplicable loss, but his memory lives on in the hearts and minds of Formula 1 fans across the world. We feel it's right that we, as McLaren, should recognise his contribution to our sport by carrying his name with us wherever we go racing.”

1653638917432.png

Earlier, some of the TV pictures were breaking up badly. Horizontal blurs across the screen from multiple cameras.

The Monaco GP TV world feed is provided by the local telly bods. Apparently, Liberty would like to wrest that presentation from the locals' hands. For once, I hope they get their way.

Ecclestone denies being arrested for carrying gun

Bernie Ecclestone says he was “never arrested” in Brazil over a gun found in his luggage, but did have to pay bail before he was allowed to leave. The former F1 supremo made headlines earlier this week when he was stopped while trying to board a flight for Switzerland when a gun was found in his luggage. The unregistered LW Seecamp .32 firearm showed up on the X-ray screens before his flight, prompting the police to get involved.

The 91-year-old laughed off the drama. “I haven’t had any publicity lately and I thought I ought to do something to get some,” he joked. He also denied that he was arrested although he was questioned for several hours before paying bail and being permitted to leave. “I was never arrested,” Ecclestone said. “They wanted it [the bail money] in local currency which we never had so there was another drama trying to find the money. I was leaving the country, I didn’t have any local money. It was a bleeding drama, unnecessary, over a nothing.”

The 91-year-old explained that he had brought the gun more as a deterrent than actual protection as he never even bought bullets for it. As such he didn’t think it had to be registered. Buying it from a ‘Formula One mechanic or tyre man’ as Reuters described the seller, Ecclestone said: “They said you need something like this, it might work if someone tries to mug you or something. So I bought it from the guy. I had it in the house and used to muck around with it if people came to visit me or something, we would joke around. It was never going to be shot, it never had any bullets so I never bothered to register it. I didn’t know you had to.”

Worth three billion US dollars according to Forbes, the former Formula 1 boss and his family have all been targeted by criminals in the past, from house breaking to kidnapping. In 2016 his mother-in-law Aparecida Schunck was kidnapped, but was safely freed nine days later.

Ricciardo confirms McLaren contract term amid speculation

Daniel Ricciardo has responded to speculation about his F1 future triggered by recent comments from McLaren boss Zak Brown, and insists he will see out his current contract with his team that runs until the end of 2023. In a podcast last week with Sky Sports, Brown admitted that Ricciardo’s results since joining McLaren in 2021 have fallen short of the team’s expectations, a comment that triggered doubts about whether the Aussie would still be racing with the Woking-based outfit. Furthermore, Ricciardo himself sowed confusion over his F1 future when he was asked in Spain when he would begin contract talks with McLaren and suggested that negotiations would kick off during the summer, omitting to specify that he meant the summer of 2023.

"Yes, it's clear," he said. "I got a contract until the end of 2023. COVID messed me up, so I just got confused with the years," he explained in Monaco when asked to clarify the duration of his contract. Addressing Brown's remarks on his struggles to perform on a par with teammate Lando Norris, Ricciardo owned up to his difficulties but insisted that he did not take the McLaren's boss' comments "personally". "It's not false, it's pretty true," he said. "Firstly comments, I don't take them personal. My skin is tanned, beautiful and also thick. No one's going to be harder on me than myself. I don't want to be racing around in 10th or 12th places. It's been a little bit more certainly testing at times in terms of trying to get up and maximise myself in this car. But we're working together hard at it. The team wants it, I want it, and we are just working through it."

Ricciardo's weekend in Barcelona last time out yielded a spot among the top-ten in qualifying but a distant P12 at the checkered flag on Sunday, well behind an ailing Norris who finished 8th despite suffering from tonsillitis. "We basically found an issue on the car," revealed Ricciardo, although he didn't elaborate on the specific nature of the problem. "It’s rectified and coming into this weekend we’re all sorted. It’s like a fresh start, let’s say."

But overall, the McLaren charger admitted that he needs to raise his game. "There is still more that I would like to be getting out of it, which sometimes I can see and then sometimes it's less clear," he said. "I think we've also had a few things that have not gone let's say our way and interrupted some of the sessions. It's a combination of a few things, but I think even putting that aside it's still been a little bit tricky for me to always gel 100% with the car and feel like I can pull out these spectacular laps. There's been some races at times where it's been good, but still honestly I’m still working on it. I'd love to say that I'm going to be half a second quicker and awesome every race from now, and I'm working to get that. But yeah, it's still a bit of a process."

Hmm... that Bernie gun is tiny. I can't see it would be dangerous empty or loaded.

I've had pea-shooters that could wound more seriously.

Mind you, Bernie's not the loftiest of individuals. It's maybe the only model that fits into his tiny, tight, midas-y hands.

Hmm... that Bernie gun is tiny. I can't see it would be dangerous empty or loaded.

I've had pea-shooters that could wound more seriously.

Mind you, Bernie's not the loftiest of individuals. It's maybe the only model that fits into his tiny, tight, midas-y hands.
While here in Brazil he will for sure get away with it because of who he is, had he arrived in Switzerland with it he would be in some trouble, if he didn't have the right paperwork, they are very strong about acting with-in the law there (but again only a fine I believe). Loads of people in Switzerland have guns as they are reservists in the army, but also the laws there are more about buying a gun rather than owning a gun, iirc you do not need a license to own a gun but you have to apply for a permit to buy one. A Swiss friend of mine told me once that about 25% of people own a gun.

It sounds like Mercedes will have to change their front wing to the one they used last week in Spain, maybe they didn't use it for the first session as a precaution if they only have one available for each car :confused:

Monaco FP1

Local hero Charles Leclerc beat Red Bull's Sergio Pérez and Ferrari team-mate Carlos Sainz to claim top spot in the opening practice session for this weekend’s FIA Formula 1 2022 Monaco Grand Prix. Leclerc restricted himself to Pirelli’s C4 medium compound tyres for the whole one-hour session to eventually post a best time of 1:14.531 that saw him finish three hundredths of a second ahead of Pérez, whose best time came late in the session. Sainz was just 0.070 behind his team-mate, while championship leader Max Verstappen finished fourth as he focused on the C3 hard compound .

Verstappen’s early laps were marked by complaints that his DRS wasn’t working, a similar problem to that which hampered him a few days ago in Barcelona but after a flurry of fastest laps from the McLarens of Daniel Ricciardo and Lando Norris, Alpine’s Fernando Alonso, and Leclerc who posted a time of 1:17.993, Verstappen jumped to P1 with a lap of 1:16.582. It was a less easy ride around the Principality for Mercedes, however, with both Lewis Hamilton and George Russell suffering porpoising on the bumpy streets of Monaco. Verstappen lowered his own benchmark to 1:15.933 before Leclerc, on mediums, ousted him with a lap of 1:15.714. As Verstappen worked through his run he found more pace and he soon bounced Leclerc out of top spot with a lap of 1:15.327. The session was then halted by a brief red flag period as Mick Schumacher was forced to stop at the pit exit with a suspected gearbox issue.

The action resumed after a four-minute delay and when running began again it was McLaren who vaulted to the top as Norris, on medium tyres, set a lap of 1:15.056 to head team-mate Ricciardo by two tenths of a second. AlphaTauri’s Pierre Gasly then split the McLaren’s before Russell stole third from Ricciardo. However, in the final quarter of an hour, Verstappen eclipsed them all with a lap of 1:14.7132 as he bolted on medium tyres. Leclerc moved second, 0.003s off Verstappen, but then found more pace to take P1. Pérez was then able to improve to within four hundredths, as Sainz ended FP1 with a best lap of 1:14.601. Behind the top four, Norris held on to fifth place, 0.525 behind Leclerc, with Gasly sixth ahead of Ricciardo and Russell. Aston Martin’s Sebastian Vettel finished in ninth place, eight tenths down on the lead Ferrari, and the top -10 order was completed by Lewis Hamilton who finished 0.968 off top spot.

2022 FIA Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix – Free Practice 1
1 Charles Leclerc Ferrari 29 1:14.531
2 Sergio Perez Red Bull Racing 30 1:14.570 0.039
3 Carlos Sainz Ferrari 28 1:14.601 0.070
4 Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 26 1:14.712 0.181
5 Lando Norris McLaren 31 1:15.056 0.525
6 Pierre Gasly AlphaTauri 33 1:15.083 0.552
7 Daniel Ricciardo McLaren 33 1:15.157 0.626
8 George Russell Mercedes 34 1:15.211 0.680
9 Sebastian Vettel Aston Martin 33 1:15.387 0.856
10 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 29 1:15.499 0.968
11 Yuki Tsunoda AlphaTauri 36 1:15.536 1.005
12 Lance Stroll Aston Martin 26 1:15.539 1.008
13 Fernando Alonso Alpine 28 1:15.749 1.218
14 Kevin Magnussen Haas 30 1:15.806 1.275
15 Alex Albon Williams 39 1:16.110 1.579
16 Esteban Ocon Alpine 24 1:16.315 1.784
17 Zhou Guanyu Alfa Romeo 27 1:16.417 1.886
18 Nicholas Latifi Williams 30 1:17.714 3.183
19 Mick Schumacher Haas 12 1:18.636 4.105
20 Valtteri Bottas Alfa Romeo 2

Monaco FP2

Carlos Sainz finished second ahead of Red Bull pair Sergio Perez and Max Verstappen, who was unable to gain as much time on aging rubber during the qualifying simulation efforts in the mid-part of FP2 compared to his teammate. At the start of the second session of Friday afternoon, most cars headed out immediately on the medium tyres. Conversely, the red cars began the second session running the hard tyres, which meant Leclerc and Sainz ran adrift of early pace-setter Perez, who had deposed Alex Albon at the head of the times after three minutes of the one-hour session had passed. Perez's 1m16.176s stood as the initial benchmark before Leclerc forged ahead on a 1m15.763s after five minutes had passed, with Sainz then slotting into first on a 1m14.880s as the drivers quickly built back towards the confidence levels they had reached in FP1 and has additional rubber was put down on the racing line. After 10 minutes, Perez's 1m14.001s on the mediums put him back ahead, now with Verstappen trailing behind and with Leclerc's subsequent effort as the opening 15 minutes came to a close putting him third.

At this stage proceedings were halted when Ricciardo crashed heavily at the second part of the Swimming Pool complex. Moments after Sebastian Vettel had dramatically saved a sideways moment at the same spot to avoid a smash into the barriers aboard his Aston Martin, Ricciardo, who was on his first timed lap of FP2 as he had missed the first chunk of running, lost his McLaren's rear as he turned in for the Turn 13 left-hand apex at the entry to the sequence. As Ricciardo reacted to the sudden slide, the car snapped left and hit the barriers on the outside of the first Swimming Pool chicane, knocking off its front wing and smashing its left-front wheel, with the wrecked machine then sliding along the track and hitting the barriers on inside the second chicane. After a near 10-minute delay the session restarted, with most of the field switching to softs to complete their qualifying simulations, even more critical practice than usual at a track that offers so little chance for overtaking.

Fernando Alonso used his red-walled rubber to briefly move into first place with a 1m13.912s, before the following Perez shot back to the head of the times on a 1m13.324s. After Verstappen had slotted in behind his teammate, Leclerc led the Ferrari charge on the softs, going back to the top spot with a 1m13.125s, bettering Perez's time by 0.199s. Here, the two frontrunning teams diverged on approaches to the first set of softs they were running, with the Red Bull drivers pushing for a second time after two slow cool-down tours, while Leclerc did likewise after one slower lap. Verstappen set a then best time on the middle sector as he forged ahead with a 1m13.103s before Leclerc, by now running closer on the track to his title rival due to his shorter gap between push efforts, responded with the first time in the 1m12s bracket. Leclerc's 1m12.764s moved him further clear of the Red Bulls, with Sainz then taking second behind his teammate, 0.302s behind. While Sainz returned to the pits at this stage with 25 minutes left, Leclerc continued with his run on his first set of softs, setting a third flier at 1m12.656s that featured big gains in the first and final sectors. That stood as the best time to the end of the session, with Leclerc's fourth flying lap – after he had visited the pits – starting off with the best time in the first sector before he had to abandon the effort after coming across Nicholas Latifi going slowly through the Swimming Pool corners.

Sainz had cut the gap to clear to 0.221s as the final third commenced, but after a third visit to the pits before continuing to push on softs he managed to post a 1m12.700s, which ended up just 0.044s slower than Leclerc with the session's quickest time in the middle sector. After the action on the softs, the Red Bull drivers switched to high-fuel running much earlier than the Ferrari drivers, who only spent the final 10 minutes gathering long-run data. Before that, Perez had found time with his third and final softs flier to end up third, 0.379s slower than Leclerc, while Verstappen did not make a similar gain and so was shuffled back to fourth. Lando Norris took fifth in the other McLaren, the Briton having an eventful session after glancing the barriers at Ste Devote just past the halfway point, saving a big slide through the final corners and few laps later and then locking his right-front heavily and having to dive down the Ste Devote escape road during the closing stages.

George Russell, who also reported hitting the wall at the end of his qualifying simulation efforts – his incident at Tabac – was sixth for Mercedes, but complained of a lack of engine power approaching the end of FP2. Pierre Gasly was seventh for AlphaTauri ahead of Alonso and Vettel, while Yuki Tsunoda rounded out the top 10. Lewis Hamilton ended up 12th, his best lap 1.611s slower than Leclerc, with the seven-time world champion reporting a heavily flat-spotted left-front tyre during the early running and then had one of his qualifying simulation runs ruined by a double lock-up into Mirabeau, which meant he had to take to the escape road at the downhill, left-hander. Valtteri Bottas's FP1 throttle issue was rectified with enough time for him to immediately head out in FP2, the Finn finishing 13th. The other driver to lose much of FP1 – Haas's Mick Schumacher – was also out early after his team had fitted a replacement gearbox and MGU-K, after the MGU-K he had been running in FP1 failed and overloaded the gearbox he had been using in the opening session. Schumacher ended FP2 in 17th place, with Ricciardo the only driver not to set a time during the session.

Results

Pos.No.DriverCarTimeGapLaps
116Charles LeclercFerrari1:12.65629
255Carlos SainzFerrari1:12.700+0.044s31
311Sergio PerezRed Bull Racing Rbpt1:13.035+0.379s30
41Max VerstappenRed Bull Racing Rbpt1:13.103+0.447s32
54Lando NorrisMclaren Mercedes1:13.294+0.638s24
663George RussellMercedes1:13.406+0.750s30
710Pierre GaslyAlphatauri Rbpt1:13.636+0.980s31
814Fernando AlonsoAlpine Renault1:13.912+1.256s30
95Sebastian VettelAston Martin Aramco Mercedes1:14.059+1.403s31
1022Yuki TsunodaAlphatauri Rbpt1:14.134+1.478s26
1120Kevin MagnussenHaas Ferrari1:14.239+1.583s31
1244Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:14.267+1.611s28
1377Valtteri BottasAlfa Romeo Ferrari1:14.468+1.812s27
1423Alexander AlbonWilliams Mercedes1:14.486+1.830s32
1524Zhou GuanyuAlfa Romeo Ferrari1:14.525+1.869s22
1618Lance StrollAston Martin Aramco Mercedes1:14.623+1.967s28
1747Mick SchumacherHaas Ferrari1:14.894+2.238s32
1831Esteban OconAlpine Renault1:15.216+2.560s33
196Nicholas LatifiWilliams Mercedes1:16.276+3.620s32
203Daniel RicciardoMclaren Mercedes2

watching on catch up as work commitments

but Mclaren team after a driver has hit a wall

"is the car ok?"

he is getting replaced next season
It’ll be better for him if he can find a team where he’s beating his teammate again. Staying at Macca until end of ‘23 and getting dominated by Norris would put his stock at an all time low.

i can understand it as they more or less said

you are the number 2 driver, he would of been in the same situation as Gasly, Alex and Perez if he had stayed

at the time he thought he was a team leader

F1 is a hard sport at times

:( for Danny Ric

Back
Top Bottom