Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs The Netherlands, Wed 10/7 @ 8pm (ITV)

Hate the way national kits all have to be lurid tones for TV now. No more palish canary yellow for Brazil, compulsory 80s Manchester bus orange for Netherlands.

what's with the holes in the socks for Bellingham? I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere, too. Can they not afford darning thread?

what's with the holes in the socks for Bellingham? I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere, too. Can they not afford darning thread?
Apparently, it's to "maximise blood flow to their muscles and in particular their calves" by giving them more room to expand.

Apparently, it's to "maximise blood flow to their muscles and in particular their calves" by giving them more room to expand.

Is it a bit placebo like Robbie Fowler nose plaster? I mean, it might make a marginal difference but might not - but good to believe it does.

Yep I was going to ask about Bellingham's socks also ..

I wondered if he has a lucky pair and they are just getting a little past their prime :)

Is this going to be one of those matches where Southgate doesn't use his subs until extra time and then panics and brings three people on?

Holes in socks. It's a bit of a pose imho. Apparently some players calves are so muscular that the socks restrict their movement. I can't believe Nike can't make bigger stretchier socks .

Back
Top Bottom