Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v South Africa Test Series

4.6 an over needed to win...time for KP to do a KP and batter the crap out of everything that comes near him.

Call me Mr boringly conservative but I'd rather they made sure we won't lose first.

Mind you, we need a win somewhere to cancel out the traditional battering we'll get at Cape Town

Sky just showed a shot of one of the roads outside the ground. 'John Vorster Drive' - Vorster being the SA Prime Minister who presided over the D'Oliveira affair.

Naughty Sky director.

They've chosen to come and play in England for the extra money he could earn, in the case of Trott, and because he had a hissy fit on being dropped in the quota system, in the case of Pietersen. It is hard for me to agree with Graeme Smith, but Smith holds Pietersen, in particular, in contempt for his decision to bail out from SA. I agree with him. Neither of these two is playing for England out of a love for the land of their forefathers, neither learned their cricket in the England system. Neither should, imo, be playing for England.

On the Skybox, did anyone see the moment in the morning session where Trott had dug himself a trench and had 5 or 6 players round him against the spin?

Bumbles put up a pic from one of the intervals with hundreds of spectators on the pitch especially round the wicket. He started using that red line to show where trott could find a gap :D

I laughed

Intersting evening session coming up, will England chase the runs?

Where are the Englishmen, they're much easier to get out!

Christ this is boring. No wonder Test cricket is dying.

It's not boring in the slightest. England still have a sniff, just. One wicket and it could all cave in. Or it could meander along to a draw.

It's only boring if you're ADD or a fuckwit

Oh bollocks, wicket

They've chosen to come and play in England for the extra money he could earn, in the case of Trott, and because he had a hissy fit on being dropped in the quota system, in the case of Pietersen. It is hard for me to agree with Graeme Smith, but Smith holds Pietersen, in particular, in contempt for his decision to bail out from SA. I agree with him. Neither of these two is playing for England out of a love for the land of their forefathers, neither learned their cricket in the England system. Neither should, imo, be playing for England.

Whatever the motivation, Pietersen's half English, Trott has two English grandparents and I have no problem with their decision whatsoever.

I'm not bothered either really good luck to them, same for "Irish" players playing for Ireland*, all the best. Life's too short.

Colly is wobbling here...

*at football

Back
Top Bottom