• Denmark win extra time

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • England win penalties

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Denmark win penalties

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Solid win that and agree with JTG we pressured and the more you do that the more likely something will go that well. I love this team and it's the first time they have felt like a team since I've been an adult with a connection to fans too. Well done Southgate. There is a really good interview with Lampard and Ferdinand where they talk about the atmosphere with the old teams.

I felt pretty emotional at the end and then cycling through town afterwards. Watching it with my 70 year old Dad with one of the main connections we've had since a kid has been particularly important. It'll be nice to win on Sunday.

Just to add to this I also recognise the press and hype was a lot to do with the teams from 2000-2010 and that didn't help. This team have had slightly lower expectations which has helped with the togetherness I think.

Just to add to this I also recognise the press and hype was a lot to do with the teams from 2000-2010 and that didn't help. This team have had slightly lower expectations which has helped with the togetherness I think.
I think the nature of top level football has changed somewhat too, particularly with regard to English players. More squad rotation as a matter of course, bigger squads meaning fewer undroppable 'stars' etc. They've all grown up comfortable with the idea of a squad game rather than a first XI and I think that means perhaps a touch more humbleness and a greater recognition of the importance of the unit

Lots of people saying Sterling dived? I didn't see it at all tbh, I didn't see exactly what the penalty was about but didn't think he dived . And there was an incident later on that should have been s penalty but wasn't

I don't think it was a deliberate dive tho
Not obviously so, no. There's a difference between being happy to take the chance offered by clipping the outstretched leg and an obvious dive. Buying a penalty - beat your man and it's up to him whether he gets his foot out of the way or not

Did that laser pen thing affect the result? It didn't seem watching the video that the Danish goalie had even noticed it but I really hope it didn't :( JTG what do you think?

Impossible to say. He saved the penalty after all but was he distracted and would he have pushed it to the side or held onto it if not?

Impossible to say. He saved the penalty after all but was he distracted and would he have pushed it to the side or held onto it if not?
I guess it's going to be investigated endlessly. Idk if he's said anything about it

Kane fell over brilliantly,, great to see Sterling also running into areas he had no chance of getting out of and falling over in due course! Graelish wasn't on for long but got a few good falls in. All in all well earned victory.
It's like that cricket ground, there's a slope.

Not a penalty, full stop, but I'll take it given we had a good shout turned down earlier.

Best bit of this is knowing that the TTTthragon haters are spewing!

Doesn't matter what the score is in the final v Italy.

Enguurland have already won! :D :D :D

Denmark were strong, but seemed quite adept at breaking up the play by going down for a while, which wasn't in the spirit of how everyone has respected them considering the circumstances earlier in the tournament. England deserved the win, although i think theyll struggle against Italy.

Denmark were strong, but seemed quite adept at breaking up the play by going down for a while, which wasn't in the spirit of how everyone has respected them considering the circumstances earlier in the tournament. England deserved the win, although i think theyll struggle against Italy.
Agree, and think that made a rod for their own backs; ref was giving them the leeway to begin with as has been the case this tourno (rightly IMO) but they kept up the mild shithousery (and don't blame them with Raheem motoring past) so when push comes to stuck out leg you've lost the benefit of the doubt.

So guess which bit of Cornwall had a fucking power cut at half time that got fixed just as the news was coming on after extra time?

Managed to watch it fitfully on my phone but reception kept dying, most notably just as Kane was about to take the pen!

Also had a mad 20 mins trying to load ITV Hub onto my Mum's phone so she could watch it while maintaining social distancing as she's got Coronavirus. All while Denmark were getting back into the game and it was really tense.

It was actually nightmarish. :D

Despite all that, we're through. Fucking hell. :D

Back
Top Bottom