• Denmark win extra time

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • England win penalties

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Denmark win penalties

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They were pretty shite in the first half. One thing holding on to the ball if you give it away in your own half.
Started like a train then when the early goal didn't come, there seemed to be some delayed-reaction nerves when Denmark finally came into the game.

I reckon the final will be different. First, it's a final. And second, it's Italy. Let's face it, while England rode some luck tonight, Denmark are a team they should beat. I think there will be a different kind of pressure on Sunday, one that probably won't lead to the same kind of nerves.

Some people on the thread don't seem to appreciate that there was a very good opposition tonight and that they had to be beaten. Despite a wobble, they were put away and in the end Danish chances to get back into the game were very few indeed.

Own goals are earned by creating the chance in the first place and penalties ditto. You can't belittle this by trying to claim there was something illegitimate about either

fuck it. Whatever happens now is a bonus. totally deserve their place in the final - as long they give it their best shot its will have a brilliant achievement. I think their will be more pressure on Italy. They are expected to win these things

fuck it. Whatever happens now is a bonus. totally deserve their place in the final - as long they give it their best shot its will have a brilliant achievement. I think their will be more pressure on Italy. They are expected to win these things
Best two teams in the tournament have made the final and it will be a grand occasion. But we're in it to win it

Some people on the thread don't seem to appreciate that there was a very good opposition tonight and that they had to be beaten. Despite a wobble, they were put away and in the end Danish chances to get back into the game were very few indeed.

Own goals are earned by creating the chance in the first place and penalties ditto. You can't belittle this by trying to claim there was something illegitimate about either

A fantastic test of England's mettle, going one behind against a dangerous opposition and coming back to win. The best team won. A real challenge has put us in good stead for the final. Best win of the last 55 years.

Sweet Caroline...:)

Solid win that and agree with JTG we pressured and the more you do that the more likely something will go that well. I love this team and it's the first time they have felt like a team since I've been an adult with a connection to fans too. Well done Southgate. There is a really good interview with Lampard and Ferdinand where they talk about the atmosphere with the old teams.

I felt pretty emotional at the end and then cycling through town afterwards. Watching it with my 70 year old Dad with one of the main connections we've had since a kid has been particularly important. It'll be nice to win on Sunday.

Solid win that and agree with JTG we pressured and the more you do that the more likely something will go that well.
Yep. You force the mistake, you don't wait for it to happen

Last few minutes of extra time were wonderful. Kept possession for, what, four minutes. Very mature approach to the breakaway chances in that once the initial chance had gone, you take it wide, slow the game down and keep possession. They can't score from their own corner quadrant.

Very few signs of panic throughout the game. Wonderful to see

Back
Top Bottom