Votes: 2 3.7%
  • England win penalties

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Denmark win penalties

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
England population, 56 million:

Ukraine population, 41 million, England win by 4.
Germany population, 83 million, England win by 2.
Czech Republic population, 10 million, England win by 1
Croatia population, 4 million, England win by 1
Scotland population, 5.5 million, England draw
(Iceland population, 343,000...)

Denmark population, 5.8 million.... don't mess with small nations!

I'm going with a couple of earlier predictions upthread -- 2-1 to England, but the winner to come between 90 and 120 minutes only :eek:

The tension's going to be at an insane level .......

Rumour is that Saka starts instead of Sancho.
Makes sense given the way Denmark play, 3-4-2-1 similar to Germany. Option 1 would have been to go 3 at the back, again; but, given their left wing back is one of their best players and having a great tournament, playing Saka for his workmate up against him is the other option to add a bit more solidity to the otherwise more attacking 4-2-3-1.

More emphasis on Mount to play higher up I think, which is OK because Denmark have 2 orthodox midfielders (Delaney, Hojbjerg) instead of 3. Communication key for Rice and Phillips, as there will be occasions when they need to pass on either of the 2 attacking midfielders to a centre back stepping forward, and when that happens one of our full backs will have to tuck in to cover the centre.

Not that I've given this game too much thought already, of course.

Genuinely I'll be proud of the team even if we don't go through tonight. Obviously I'd be disappointed, but fair play to them. I haven't once thought an England team deserved to win the euros since 96. Might have had more world class talent on paper, but not once have I thought yeah these lads deserve to do well.

Kasper is right tbf :D

Genuinely I'll be proud of the team even if we don't go through tonight. Obviously I'd be disappointed, but fair play to them. I haven't once thought an England team deserved to win the euros since 96. Might have had more world class talent on paper, but not once have I thought yeah these lads deserve to do well.

Kasper is right tbf :D

We've had better players making up the first 11 (the Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Cole, Neville, Ferdinand, Terry era for example) but less cohesion and we've had problem positions with a substantial drop off in quality when any were missing. As examples, Ryan Bertrand or Danny Mills as 2nd choice full backs at one time or another - both decent enough, but not Cole or Neville. The only real exception was at centre back, with Carragher, Campbell and King as well as Terry and Ferdinand, all with overlapping careers.

This is a squad with more quality all the way through it, and even among players who didn't make the cut. 3 top right backs even without TAA or Wan-Bissaka, no James Maddison, Jesse Lingard, no Mason Greenwood.

Back
Top Bottom