• England win penalties

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Denmark win penalties

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm so, so sorry.
This is on me.
I'm doing a 24 hour charity event at college when this is on.
I'll be able to watch it, but my pre-match routine of getting changed at 7 into lucky shorts and shirt before opening my first San Miguel and not watching any buildup won't be happening.
I can be in the right clothes but not in my lucky chair, watching it with lucky beer and on my lucky tv.
I still believe, and am hopeful I can get back into the vital routine on Sunday night.
But if this goes South, it's on me.
And I'm sorry.
I accidentally changed my pre-England routine this time. Always used to have England New Order on just before kickoff. Ran out of time and didn't do it a few games back.

AND THEN WE STARTED WINNING.

DUN DUN DURRRRR.

So hopefully my new lack-of-routine can counteract yours.

I accidentally changed my pre-England routine this time. Always used to have England New Order on just before kickoff. Ran out of time and didn't do it a few games back.

AND THEN WE STARTED WINNING.

DUN DUN DURRRRR.

So hopefully my new lack-of-routine can counteract yours.

So what you're basically saying is that for the last thirty years your New Order playing has cursed us? :mad:

2-1 to Denmark who get an early equaliser and a jammy goal at the 88th minute..
If England were to lose, that would be just about the scenario I'd have in mind.

Anyway, I've got England as just favourites. England have been playing at close to their potential, Denmark have probably exceeded theirs in a couple of games. I'll plump for a single goal nervy England win.

I had a one night stand with a talented chess player and painter in Copenhagen (I asked her to be my girlfiend and she said no) so I spent a bit of time learning some Danish. Beautiful language and very interesting country. All I can remember know is 'penge' for money.

I dunno really, its a hard one to call. Denmark are nearly always one of those teams that are better than I think they are. Ranked number 10 in the world I believe and their results back that up being consistently good but struggling when they come up against top level competition.

Playing at Wembley has not always been England's friend but this feels different with it being this squad and a lot of jeopardy resting on the match instead of it being a qualifier against Latvia or a friendly or something.

Whereas Ukraine were a side I'd expect England to beat 6 or 7 times out of 10 its a lot closer with Denmark with England maybe winning 4 out of 10 but and I reckon most games would end up a draw. I think England might just edge it because of playing at home but it wouldn't surprise me if it goes to extra time & penalties.

2-1 England AET.

I dunno really, its a hard one to call. Denmark are nearly always one of those teams that are better than I think they are. Ranked number 10 in the world I believe and their results back that up being consistently good but struggling when they come up against top level competition.

Playing at Wembley has not always been England's friend but this feels different with it being this squad and a lot of jeopardy resting on the match instead of it being a qualifier against Latvia or a friendly or something.

Whereas Ukraine were a side I'd expect England to beat 6 or 7 times out of 10 its a lot closer with Denmark with England maybe winning 4 out of 10 but and I reckon most games would end up a draw. I think England might just edge it because of playing at home but it wouldn't surprise me if it goes to extra time & penalties.

2-1 England AET.
Yep, that's where I'm at expectations/anxieties wise. Rankings not always a good guide, but they are a guide of sorts. Excluding the South American teams ahead of them, Denmark would be 7th on the European list, so well placed to defeat some of the very top teams (which, I think, now include England).

Just to add, if it does become an edgy contest, maybe extra time, I think England are better placed than in previous competitions bottle wise. Southgate's positivity means they are confident and are more likely to put that 90th/120th minute chance away. For all the talk about small margins and the rest, a decent bloke and a bit of positivity looks to have rubbed off on the team. Haven't looked, but I suspect England have one of the highest chances/goals ratios in the competition.

Pickers has been good. This match, as much as I’d like England to win, will be the end of the run. I think 1-0 by a lucky goal, to Denmark.

By the way, tenner for the server fund if there's any less than 5 mentions of Christian Eriksen on the commentary.

Here's one even before they start:

Look forward to Roy Keane's take on gestures of respect for opposition team members. :thumbs:

As much as I have always wanted in previous years for both England and Denmark to proceed I have to hope for England winning and going on to win the tournament.
Hopefully a good win by a few goals just because it would make me feel good for the first time in ages.

Back
Top Bottom