Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England fans: the racism and the violence

what a load of bullshit. The vast majority of fans applaud the opposition when they do something really fucking good.

There's supporting your team and then there's being a fucking moron.
That's not my experience at all. And, on the rare occasion I have seen it, it's usually been after a match, with the exception of applauding some former players.

In any case, Brentford fans didn't applaud him for doing something really good, but just for turning up, which I find bizarre.

Last edited:
You're not a football fan if you don't boo footballers.

Twat.
I didn't say you're not. I asked if you are. Because I'm genuinely surprised that anyone who goes to games would think anything of that chant, or find it odd to suggest fans try to make a hostile atmosphere for opposition players.

Last edited:
That's not my experience at all. And, on the rare occasion I have seen it, it's usually been after a match, with the exception of applauding some former players.

In any case, Brentford fans didn't applaud him for doing something really good, but just for turning up, which I find bizarre.
My arse, this is you pretending to be an internet hardmsn. ‘Ohh yeah, I boo footballers me’. Almost as convincing as David Cameron.

My arse, this is you pretending to be an internet hardmsn. ‘Ohh yeah, I boo footballers me’. Almost as convincing as David Cameron.
Lol, as if it's a 'hardman' thing to do in real life, never mind on the internet. Literally tens of thousands of fans boo/chant against/take the piss out of opposition players every single week - myself included. That's how football's been for decades, and it's part of what makes for a lively atmosphere.

Lol, as if it's a 'hardman' thing to do in real life, never mind on the internet. Literally tens of thousands of fans boo/chant against/take the piss out of opposition players every single week - myself included. That's how football's been for decades, and it's part of what makes for a lively atmosphere.
Ohh please, there's taking the piss etc, which we all do, but for most fans there is also a show of respect for other fans and players too, when merited. The kids who play behind the kop probably don't do so, because they're children. What's your excuse?

All just bantz, eh? Until you realise your bantering with racists and bigots who actually mean the shit they come out with.

Ohh please, there's taking the piss etc, which we all do, but for most fans there is also a show of respect for other fans and players too, when merited. The kids who play behind the kop probably don't do so, because they're children. What's your excuse?

All just bantz, eh? Until you realise your bantering with racists and bigots who actually mean the shit they come out with.

From the outset, I specifically excluded racist stuff from what's acceptable needle (as if it needs saying). But there's no racism in that Leeds chant against Rashford and Sancho (though, of course, some of the people singing it might be racist); Beckham got the same grief after the '98 WC, when he got sent off against Argentine.

From the outset, I specifically excluded racist stuff from what's acceptable needle (as if it needs saying). But there's no racism in that Leeds chant against Rashford and Sancho (though, of course, some of the people singing it might be racist); Beckham got the same grief after the '98 WC, when he got sent off against Argentine.
lol, bull and indeed shit.

You don't actually go, do you?

I've seen plenty of solidarity with players through the years when the occasion has suited. Do you really think that he was only getting applauded for turning up, or do you think there might be more to it than that?

I've seen plenty of solidarity with players through the years when the occasion has suited. Do you really think that he was only getting applauded for turning up, or do you think there might be more to it than that?

I'm all for showing the lad we stand with him against racism. But I don't think a round of applause before kick off on match day is the way to do that.

Last edited:
Been a season ticket holder for years. Watch Luton home and away. Been to most of the current 92 grounds, and many that are no longer part of the 92. You?
I find it hard to believe you follow a game where they're not allowed to move the goalposts.

I'm all for showing the lad we stand with him against racism. But I don't think a round of applause on match day is the way to do that.
What is the right way to do it? Can a round of applause for an 18 year old not be a part of it?

What is the right way to do it? Can a round of applause for an 18 year old not be a part of it?
Its bloody obvious it can. And that it has to be done before the match, it'd be ridiculous to try it during the game and afterwards everyone is already on the way out, so completely pointless.

Back
Top Bottom