Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2021

Irritating as fuck though, when the middle overs spin completely dries up the runs, then we turn to pace to give them a route back in and Moeen doesn't bowl a single ball.

So, Tim Paine has resigned. A shit batsman, a poor captain and a bit of a nob. Cummins is likely to be a stronger leader. Bollocks.

Yeah that was my first thought. Cummins probably won't play every game, though, and always a little awkward making a bowler captain. They can end up either over bowling or under bowling themselves. I suspect another nob, a certain S Smith, might be the de facto captain much of the time.

He's almost admitted as much himself - that it was a mistake last year for him, Starc and Hazlewood to play all four games vs India. I'd put him playing all five games in this series as firmly odds against.

Tim Paine declares Ashes will go ahead ‘whether Joe Root is here or not’ - October 1st​

Australia make Cummins captain, Smith vice-captain as Paine pulls out of Ashes - November 27th​

Twat.

I see there was a very pedestrian T10 (shudder) match in Abu Dhabi today.

1638032468908.png

Not England, I know but it featured a handy little knock from our very own Moeen Ali who scored a mere 77 off 23 balls :thumbs:

1638032666821.png

A strike rate of -cough- 334... :eek:

So then, what’s your 11 for the Gabba?

Hameed
Burns
Malan
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Buttler
Leach
Robinson - he has to play
Wood - Mark’s pace cannot be sidelined
Anderson - save playing Broad and Jimmy together until Adelaide.

FD41D3E1-80CA-4E94-8D05-28871286728D.jpegThe wicket.

Is this a blag to tempt England playing both Broad and Anderson?

Is this the result of having a fast bowler as Ozzie captain?

Will this be bald by the 8th?

Is there gonna be an Ashes thread? All kicks off in a coupla days, I'm looking forward to reigniting my bi-annual interest in cricket ;)

Who are the villains we hate the very sight of this time round? See the Aus have already lost their captain!

Is there gonna be an Ashes thread? All kicks off in a coupla days, I'm looking forward to reigniting my bi-annual interest in cricket ;)

Who are the villains we hate the very sight of this time round? See the Aus have already lost their captain!

England's packed with racists this time. The Aussies always have been.

Pat Cummins, the new Aussie captain, is a genuinely nice chap. Donated 50k to the Covid crisis in India when he was playing there and encouraged his fellow players on both sides to as well. None did, not even the Indians. I can't see how a fast bowler fielding the deep most of the time can captain a side though. Steve Smith is the captain in reality, who was stripped of the captaincy a few years ago for ball tampering. Replaced the former one who was sending dick pics to a secretary at his state side.

Broad's a prick. Anderson's a prick. Nothing new there. Umm... should be fun though. I assume Stokes will get a bit of sledging and shit from the crowd for his mental health issues.

Back
Top Bottom