Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2021

Only Anderson and Broad have taken more 4th innings wickets for England than Moeen, and they've played far more matches. His strike rate in the 4th innings is waaaay better than anyone - and I mean from any country. A wicket every 39 balls. Nobody else is in the thirties.

Just to add to this. What this adds up to of course is that he was a match winner. If you needed to bowl the opposition out in the last innings for 150 you had more chance of doing that with Moeen in your side than with any other England bowler in the 'modern' (post 1960) era. People forget he won matches, batting and bowling. MoM 6 times in 64 games which is a phenomenal amount. Only Root in the current team beats him, and not by much. Anderson for example is MoM 8 times in 166 games.

He was good, and badly misused.

Last edited:
Tim Paine proving the maxim that cricketers should for the most part be seen and not heard "No-one is forcing any England player to come. That's the beauty of the world we live in - you have a choice. If you don't want to come, don't come."

England all-rounder Ben Stokes has had a second operation on his injured finger and is unlikely to play in the Ashes against Australia this winter.

The 30-year-old took an indefinite break from cricket in July to protect his mental health and rest his left index finger, first injured in April.

He originally had surgery in April but has now had a second operation to remove two screws and scar tissue from the finger.

Ooh, bugger.

After a busy day I'm pretending I don't know that WI were all out for 55 and am listening to the BBC commentary from the start.
  • Excellent that Moeen opened the bowling :thumbs:
  • In the first over the commentators are predicting that there will be some mahoosive scoring from Windies (easily 11+ an over) :D

So the cancelled test has been rescheduled, and it seems they're trying to make out it's still the last test in the same series despite being a year later. :hmm:
Loads of very angry ticket holders on Facebook yesterday. People who'd bought test tickets for SA who are now getting India, but on a different day and people who bought ODI tickets who are now getting a Twenty20.

I'm feeling very glad I couldn't muster the enthusiasm to buy any internationals tickets for next summer which isn't like me really.

Another stroll home for England then. It's getting a bit worrying that our batters haven't really been under any pressure at all in this tournament.

Another stroll home for England then. It's getting a bit worrying that our batters haven't really been under any pressure at all in this tournament.

It's not like we've played shit teams though. Hopefully Sri Lanka and South Africa will provide more of a challenge but we just look so good bowling that I can't see anyone beating us.

Back
Top Bottom