Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Douglas Murray is a skid mark

Difference is though, this guy managed to get applause rather than jeers and derision from the crypto Brownshirts in the QT auidence for his BNPesqe rant about immigration "destroying Britain". :rolleyes:

Darn, I knew he was going to be on but I missed it as Top Gear and QI was on the telly.

Perhaps I will hear it tommorow.

How was the Douglas Murray one?

He's nothing if not predictable - nothing much has changed since this thread started.

It does make me laugh every time I hear he's the director of the "Centre For Social Cohesion".

he said nothing meaningful, and his ass kissing exchange between that reborn muslim character who i don't trust for one second was sickening. it seems the only issue murray has is that we can't draw the cartoons of mohammed while the american muslims want to build a muslim centre on the ground zero site. he can go fuck himself with that rhetoric. the 2 women tonight made a lot more sense, and sounded a gazillion times more objective because murray and the quliaam foundation (or whatever that shit is called) character were idiotic.

Who the fuck is Douglas Murray?

A skidmark who thinks he's a British neo-con, but is actually not intellectually-equipped to understand the whole Straussian schtick, which means he comes across as spiteful and petty in his politics a lot of the time.

He did a hilarious spiteful face-book style jews are better than muslims rant on that sunday morning discussion prog a few weeks back.

I'd never heard of him before this thread so I wandered off and read some of his stuff. I shall avoid his writing in future. I mean he can spell and everything, but it's turgid stuff that really doesn't go anywhere. I think I learned he doesn't like hotels in Brussels. Fascinating.

I don't normally do threads about people I dislike but this cunt is something else. Did anyone see him on question time last night? it was the first time and hopefully the last time i've ever seen him, he is quite possibly the most smug, rude and arrogant little shit i've ever come accross. He has the view that the Iraq war is a good idea and the NHS is a bad idea that will never work.

Here's a fucking idea mate, how about stop spending billions of pounds invading countries we know fuck all about, and spend the money on building new hospitals, getting them up to scratch and giving all those doctors who have recently finished training a job.

KILL HIM IN THE FACE :mad: :mad: :mad:

Can you please put him in the slap gallery Editor? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Douglas%20Murray%20-%20Photo.jpg

never heard of him till now but from that post alone i hate him with a Jeremy Kyle level of hate

I fell asleep after the start..

I still like forthright people .. :)

And it is hard to have a debate with people you agree with !!

He's on the fucking radio right now, making a joke about how "somebody" (a single mother I think he claimed) said to him "I'm not working class, I've never worked". You know, it proves it, they don't want to work etc etc.

Shut up and fuck off out of my media you worthless shit.

He's on the fucking radio right now, making a joke about how "somebody" (a single mother I think he claimed) said to him "I'm not working class, I've never worked". You know, it proves it, they don't want to work etc etc.
I entirely agree he is a twat if the first order ... but you can't help but acknowledge that his point (or, rather, her answer) does have a certain logic to it in terms of the definition ...

Perhaps it is not only the whole "class" argument which is outdated but the actual defined "classes" about which it revolves. :confused:

Shut up and fuck off out of my media you worthless shit.

I heard that. Knew this thread would be bumped by the time I got home. :D

He's a real hard-right character, this was a report he helped write for his foreign policy think thank - he is paid well to churn out barrels of poison.

Simultaneously observing proportionality and damage limitation will become extremely difficult in cases where the use of nuclear weapons must be considered. The first use of nuclear weapons must remain in the quiver of escalation as the ultimate instrument to prevent the use of weapons of mass destruction, in order to avoid truly existential dangers. At first glance, it may appear disproportionate; but taking account of the damage that it might prevent, it could well be proportionate. Despite the immense power of destruction possessed by nuclear weapons, the principle of damage limitation remains valid and must be kept in mind. Indeed, it was one of the principles that governed NATO’s nuclear planning during the Cold War.

The use of nuclear weapons must, of course, remain the prerogative of the nuclear powers.

I entirely agree he is a twat if the first order ... but you can't help but acknowledge that his point (or, rather, her answer) does have a certain logic to it in terms of the definition ...

Perhaps it is not only the whole "class" argument which is outdated but the actual defined "classes" about which it revolves. :confused:

"Working class" doesn't just, despite how it has been (mis)represented, mean "those who work". Anyone who has taken a passing glimpse at Marx knows this, just as they know that, outwith a few ignorant souls, the class argument is as relevant as ever. Perhaps even more so under the current government than even under "new Labour".

The quote was what someone said to Prescott in a TV interview, Prescott said to this woman, something like "I would have thought you were working class" to which she replied "but I never worked"

He's a real hard-right character, this was a report he helped write for his foreign policy think thank - he is paid well to churn out barrels of poison.

He claims to be a neo-con. In fact, he wrote a book or a pamphlet called Neoconservatism: why Britain Needs It. It should come as no surprise that he is also an admirer of Leo Strauss.

I have always thought it extremely amusing (and probably a breach of the Trade Descriptions Act) that his organisation is called the Centre for Social Cohesion - I cannot think of anything less likely to be achieved by him spouting his views ...

It does, however, have more than a passing relationship with those whose labour is exploited by capital ...

That depends on whether you're talking about "working class" as an economic or a social category. Did Marx, for example, exclude those who could not or would not labour from his categories? Did other philosophes or economic or social theorists who tackled the issues of class?

Back
Top Bottom