Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Douglas Murray is a skid mark

I liked Question Time tonight, I prefer it a bit combative...

Murray seems to have an access all areas pass, he seems always to be on there ..

I really enjoy watching conservatives try to defend call me Dave's big society, my bet is that none of them really understand what it is, I thought Francis Maude really struggled at that.

Mehdi Hasan and Douglas Murray went at it like scalded cats, I want more of that! :)

As for Sir Menzies Campbell he was reliable but dull and Jacqui Smith, the less said about her the better!

Douglas Murray is a pretty good public speaker. He has all the rhetorical skills, he is quick, he is pretty smart.

His problem is that is extremely paranoid and delusional, and he seems to be getting much worse over time. When I first encountered him, he was a fairly run of the mill neo-liberal, loudly supporting the war on terror. However, he has shifted far more to the right to become an out and out islamaphobe. He is getting worse over time. And you can see it in his face.

If he had any friends, they should take him out for a beer and let him know he is going fucking mental. I honestly don't know why they put him on TV. It is like watching a man go through a subtle nervous breakdown over a period of years.

Douglas Murray is a pretty good public speaker. He has all the rhetorical skills, he is quick, he is pretty smart.

His problem is that is extremely paranoid and delusional, and he seems to be getting much worse over time. When I first encountered him, he was a fairly run of the mill neo-liberal, loudly supporting the war on terror. However, he has shifted far more to the right to become an out and out islamaphobe. He is getting worse over time. And you can see it in his face.

If he had any friends, they should take him out for a beer and let him know he is going fucking mental. I honestly don't know why they put him on TV. It is like watching a man go through a subtle nervous breakdown over a period of years.

I think Murray has cast himself in the role of a Plastic Cassandra.

Kind of reminds me of Christopher Hitchens.

What's he done now? He wasn't on Any Questions (apparently, not that I listen to it any more just in case he's there filling in for somebody).

What's he done now? He wasn't on Any Questions (apparently, not that I listen to it any more just in case he's there filling in for somebody).

Apparently he is on any questions today (10am) with Salma Yaqoob (female, muslim respect councillor in Birmingham who didn't give a standing ovation to a soldier (Awarded Victoria Cross in afghanistan iirc) as an anti-war protest, and thus sparked EDL demo that wasn't.

Although I've not re-read this thread to remind me exactly what was wrong with douglas murray, I suspect anyone who wants to blow a gasket this morning could have a listen to that

Yes, he's on the Big Questions now. Man, has he got an irritating voice...and a face that I could quite happily punch repeatedly.

That was an interesting debate(black/white adoption) - not the content, but more how the approach of the liberal or left reps allowed Murray/the right to take an anti-rasicst position from the right, due to the formers crass embrace of a top down almost separatist multi-culturalism. That's pretty worrying.

Murray is still a freak though.

Back
Top Bottom