Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

I don’t understand why no one is properly pushing back more strongly on the abortion after birth bullshit.

Maybe the thinking is that if they do, it highlights it and MAGA will dig in deeper.
Harris got more kudos in the debate by just laughing and rolling her eyes at him. Explaining that he's talking bollocks perhaps doesn't cut through to the right people, i.e. floaters in swing states. Openly mocking him and his associates as completely doolally might do.

hey ladies - are you confused? trump is here to tell you what to think.

hey ladies - are you confused? trump is here to tell you what to think.

I've read a couple of reports on this, and most seem to think that Trump is wrong.

Four years ago, we had covid - no-one was happy.

It's still on a bit of a knife-edge, because anything could happen over the next few weeks, the average of the national polls are showing Harris ahead of Trump by 2.9%, but as we know it's those swing-states that matter, with Pennsylvania probably being the most important, the latest poll shows the lead for Harris is now up to a healthy 5% there. and also in Michigan too. :cool:

1726984233483.png

1726984286228.png

Harris gains among white college voters and young people​

Meanwhile, her lead shrinks among the 30-44 age group. The Harris-Trump gender divide remains prevalent, and Trump maintains the strongest lead with white, non college educated voters.

1726984439084.png

Interesting read here, comparing how he was at a rally two years ago, compared to how deflated he came across yesterday.

Two years almost to the day, Trump returned to the Aero Center, this time as a candidate. However, Trump seemed much more diminished as he seeks to return to the White House.

To boot, Trump’s overtures seem much more desperate and are a sign that as he struggles to beat Kamala Harris, he does not stand on the same footing he once did.

Losing Biden as a contrast seems like it knocked the wind out of Trump’s sails. In 2022, and in truth, in most of Trump’s rallies since he left the White House, he mostly focused on Biden and would open his rallies with a supercut of Biden stumbling over his words and or seeming weak.

During both rallies, Trump focused heavily on his bread-and-butter issues - immigration at the US-Mexico border and crime - but today, he also offered numerous unrealistic policy proposals, such as capping credit card interest rates at 10 percent.

“Some people are paying 25, 30 percent, it’s crazy,” Trump said.

He also discussed removing taxes on tips and Social Security, which many in his own party do not support.

And, this made me smile...

On Saturday, Trump also gave a shout-out to his new buddy, Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk.

“We’re going to reach— and it’s my plan. I will talk to Elon, get those rocket ships going,” he said. “We want to reach Mars before the end of my term.”

If by 'we' he means Musk and himself, I think we would all get behind that. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom