Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

at least he was getting into the spirit of the thing :D

The only small plus was that he had to take off his oversized bigly jacket, designed specifically to hide a multitude of blubbery vanity sins. Petty? You betcha.

The beyond pathetic thing about this stunt though is that he only did it in order to continue his lie that Harris never worked at McDs.

Imagine that, election 2 weeks away and this is what keeps him up at night and what he thinks is a good use of his time? The insanity of it all.

Last edited:
What is the look-alikes agency is their only entertainment-related income? Perhaps they have an ordinary job and no particular entertainment skills beyond looking like, e.g. Barry Manilow. In which case the public liability insurance might be too expensive, and they would benefit from a zero-hours contract with an agency who provided that sort of cover.
I’ll give you this: there is nothing actually stopping that from happening, other than the fact it would be an inefficient thing to do (since you’d need to have all the hassle of payroll and HR processes etc, which would cost you more than the profit you’d make on the bookings). So given that it isn’t impossible, I’ll accept that there is an edge case that could theoretically produce $7.5m turnover from more than 500 employees.

I have a bad bad feeling about the election. When Kamala Harris clearly rolled over him in the debate, I thought this is good, it might sway some voters.

But just following the recent chatter... it's very worrying.

Anyone outside MAGA world saw that Harris wiped the floor with him.

Through Trumpist eyes, she's an uppity Brown woman, who's already had her turn in power, failed, and is now being used by the commies to give Trump a hard time. She was coached, she had earphones, she wasn't fact checked, and she deliberately kept him off topic.

That debate made them.dig in harder, deeper.

All the Facebook stuff I look.at (that's where a lot of these people hang out) suddenly jumped up a notch with the memes and hateful rhetoric in the days following the debate. More activity, and stronger support.

I don't doubt that some/many of the memes are generated by far right influencers. I can't see how the largely tech-ignorant and basic straight ahead humour of those who are reposting created them.

This is interesting - a NYT journo, Michael Gold, who reported accurately and truthfully on trump's comments re Arnold Palmer, had his piece edited by senior editors at the NYT to exclude them and instead referred to them in the published piece as benign 'Arnold Palmer golf stories'.

1729530603393.png

This is what he was responding to -

1729530684995.png

Last edited:
This is interesting - a NYT journo, Michael Gold, who reported accurately and truthfully on trump's comments re Arnold Palmer, had his piece edited by senior editors at the NYT to exclude them and instead referred to them in the published piece as benign 'Arnold Palmer golf stories'.

View attachment 447836

This is what he was responding to -

View attachment 447837
Fucking media. They are largely to blame for him being anywhere near power, which they admitted to previously, and are now doing the same thing they were guilty of when he got in before. Bastards.

Declaration of Independence actually a mistake?

View attachment 447833
All the tories at my work hate trump apart from the Tate-loving idiots. My stuffy middle England Tory voting telegraph reading boss despises him Ina genuine sense. But all of these subtle voices never seem to get heard these days, the narrative always has optics of the grotesque. I don’t really understand where the “grey area” has disappeared to when it comes to understanding the political landscape anymore.

Born-again MAGA grifter and mysoginistic justice-dodger states the bleeding obvious. (The same being true of every day…) Brand and his new bosom buddy Peterson prove daily evidence of the bottomless gullibility of the rightist base.
View attachment 447863
I wish the grifting sex pest would just fuck off and shut the fuck up. Too many suckers to grift off though, ready to pile in if/when he gets his collar felt. Priming the rubes to jump to his defence when the shit hits the fan. His latest scam is selling magic amulets, taking his cue from the tangerine tyrant in selling tat to idiots. As a born again Christian (yeah right :rolleyes: ), I would have thought this went against his new-found beliefs. What a vile bastard he is.

Tldr?

Trump woos the Christofascist vote, ''God" saved him for a reason, something about Israel and the inevitable and disgusting hate against trans people is amplified.

My wild hyperbolic prediction? Judgement day is coming on November 5th.

“Trump also railed against inclusion and gender-affirming healthcare for trans people, vowing to “take historic action to defeat the toxic poison of gender ideology and reaffirm that God created two genders: male and female”.“

There was a time, before Trump stuffed the Supreme Court with Christian fundamentalist fascists, that it was against the constitution to force a religious world view on the population through law. Alas…

Back
Top Bottom