Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

Apparently there were families at that rally... it doesn't sit well with the whole republican family values ideology, does it?

I think it's a little late in the day to be pointing out the divergence between Trump's purported values and his actual behaviour.

That's been obvious (or should have been) to anyone paying the slightest attention over the past ten or so years.

Anyone who is still a Trump supporter after all that clearly doesn't give a fuck about it.

I think it's a little late in the day to be pointing out the divergence between Trump's purported values and his actual behaviour.

That's been clear (or should have been) to anyone paying the slightest attention over the past ten or so years.

Anyone who is still a Trump supporter after all that clearly doesn't give a fuck about it.
Yeah, been monitoring the hypocrisy for years. But hey, cheers all the same.

It's a Mc Donald's franchise.

indeed, a bit of a stretch calling it a 'small business' though
[/QUOTE]
The US Small Business Association defines a small business as having less than 500 employees and a turnover under 7.5 million (or 40 million for some sorts of business). The average MacDonalds outlet in the US has gross sales of 3.5 million and 50 employees. So comfortably a 'small business'.

indeed, a bit of a stretch calling it a 'small business' though
The US Small Business Association defines a small business as having less than 500 employees and a turnover under 7.5 million (or 40 million for some sorts of business). The average MacDonalds outlet in the US has gross sales of 3.5 million and 50 employees. So comfortably a 'small business'.
[/QUOTE]
Two sheds' comment has far more validity than that Bollox definition no doubt set by the same rich cunts that benefit fiscally by being defined as such ........innit
499 employees and 7 million turnover yea Im just a poor struggling small business..my arse

at least he was getting into the spirit of the thing :D

Trump, a big fan of McDonald's food and a self-professed germophobe, wore an apron over his shirt and tie but did not wear gloves or a hairnet during his visit, stating that his hands were "nice and clean." According to the Meidas Touch, he went straight to work without washing his hands.

Employees not washing their hands was one of the reasons that restaurant failed its most recent inspection....

Lynn Marchitelli wrote: "Looking at the pictures of trump 'working' at McDonald's makes me want to scream. Multiple food safety violations including lack of hair net and no gloves. Gross." ...

Seth Abramson, a journalist and lawyer, wrote on X: "Perhaps no stunt in the history of U.S. politics deserves more ridicule than the grotesquely embarrassing mummery Trump put on at a Pennsylvania McDonald's today … The McDonald's was closed, the customers were fake, Trump did nothing."

Heads up for anyone interested, this is on BBC 2 Wed. 9pm, and iplayer thereafter.

For anyone who can access it, The Choice from PBS was a very good detailed look at both candidates, showing them from childhood. I knew the fucker went to military school, but was surprised that he seems to have liked it and been popular, especially with his later draft dodging and disparaging of veterans and the military. I suppose it was just playacting though, being in the leadership position he was in there, which must have given him free reign to be the bully he is. Biff the bully from Back to the Future for sure.

Hang on a minute. How can you have 500 employees and a turnover of less than $7.5m? That’s a turnover of less than $15,000 per employee. Even if every cent of your turnover is gross profit, it’s still not going to pay minimum wage. Seems to me that the number of employees criterion is redundant there.
If you ran a celebrity lookalikes agency, you might have employees who only worked a couple of times a year.

Kind of worried that the Democrats are repeating their last mistakes. I mean Liz Cheney ffs

this is part of a deliberate campaign strategy to lure republicans who can't stand trump towards voting for harris. it's not a bad idea, if the margin in some counties is very slim this could turn it.

yes cheney is vile but the alternative is donald fucking trump.

Hang on a minute. How can you have 500 employees and a turnover of less than $7.5m? That’s a turnover of less than $15,000 per employee. Even if every cent of your turnover is gross profit, it’s still not going to pay minimum wage. Seems to me that the number of employees criterion is redundant there.
Well wait staff in America are paid next to nothing and they are expected to make it up in tips, and therefore have a lower minimum wage. And if a lot of the staff are part time as well it might work out.

this is part of a deliberate campaign strategy to lure republicans who can't stand trump towards voting for harris. it's not a bad idea, if the margin in some counties is very slim this could turn it.

yes cheney is vile but the alternative is donald fucking trump.
It might reinforce the idea that Dems and Republicans are the same though. And I think among some Republicans their support is more about Trump himself than the party.

Many of those considering voting for Trump don't like Bush etc a lot of the time. So it may not work. I hope it does though :(
Yeah, it's a mess.

I have a bad bad feeling about the election. When Kamala Harris clearly rolled over him in the debate, I thought this is good, it might sway some voters.

But just following the recent chatter... it's very worrying.

It might reinforce the idea that Dems and Republicans are the same though.

for whom would that be reinforced? nobody's not going to vote for harris becuase of this gambit.

And I think among some Republicans their support is more about Trump himself than the party.

yes, but they're not the ones that cheney (and kinziger and the Republican For Harris group et al.) are after.

Entertainers often buy their own generic cover, which includes a public liability element.
What is the look-alikes agency is their only entertainment-related income? Perhaps they have an ordinary job and no particular entertainment skills beyond looking like, e.g. Barry Manilow. In which case the public liability insurance might be too expensive, and they would benefit from a zero-hours contract with an agency who provided that sort of cover.

Back
Top Bottom