Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

they arent an organsied force though - more a flash mob of blowhards, nazis and loons. sure they could cause A LOT of pain, chaos and bloodshed - but the state has comms, orgnasiation, hardware, logistics and trained personale on a level many many levels above the MAGA mob.

Stochastic terrorism will be increasingly used, and effective. And unorganised people have comms too. Unless the government takes down the internet they’ll be able to organise pretty well.

If there is a war in America it won’t be two sides lined up against each other across a battlefield. It’ll be like the messy wars we’ve seen in the Middle East for the last several decades.

Not least because it’s Americans who’ve been involved in those wars.

Dug in here, marauding there, skirmishes sieges and night raids, holding and ceding ground, guerrilla tactics etc.

I think we’re closer to it than some people think. I was taken to task as a fool last year for saying so.

Full article C&P below. Stats and facts included.

Could the United States be headed for a national divorce?​

There is a growing divide in US society and politics along old civil war battle lines – and the election could make things worse.​

2024-02-20-us-national-divorce.jpg

The American Civil War (1861-65) was fought over slavery and, to a lesser extent, states’ rights and the future of the economy. In the run-up to the 2024 US elections, there is talk of another civil war brewing over the country’s future.

While there is no imminent threat of armies clashing on the battlefield, increasing hyperbolic insurrectionist sentiment is a product of a growing realization that the US is now more divided along ideological and political lines than at any time since the 1850s.

The US is now more divided along ideological and political lines than at any time since the 1850s.
An increasingly Balkanized US is likely to be even more inward-looking, preoccupied with internal divisions over immigration, race, inequality, and sexual and gender identity issues. Such self-absorption is already manifesting itself in isolationism and protectionism at the expense of the security and economic alliances that have greatly benefitted the US and the world for decades.

Half (54 per cent) of self-described strong Republicans in America now think it is very or somewhat likely there will be a US civil war within the next decade. Four in ten (40 per cent) strong Democrats agree.

Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene, a right-wing Republican from Georgia, has called for a ‘national divorce’. ‘We need to separate by red states and blue states’. And one in four (23 per cent) Americans support their state seceding from the Union.

This split could be seen in the 2020 election between the blue states that voted for Joe Biden and the red states that voted for Donald Trump, with many of the Trump states among those that seceded from the Union in 1861.

But the emergent two Americas can also be seen across a range of divisive social issues that reflect deeper divisions than those that merely manifest themselves at the ballot box.

Of the 15 US states with the most restrictive abortion laws, all voted for Trump in 2020 and seven were originally in the Confederacy.

The emergent two Americas can also be seen across a range of divisive social issues that reflect deeper divisions than those that merely manifest themselves at the ballot box.
Of the 21 states with the most permissive gun laws in 2023, 19 voted for Trump, and six were in the Confederacy.

Of the 19 states that enacted laws in 2022 making it harder to vote, 14 voted for Trump and seven were in the Confederacy.

And of the 23 states that enacted legislation in 2023 imposing restrictions on gender-affirming care, transgender participation in school sports, school instruction touching on LBGTQ issues and related matters, 22 voted for Trump and nine were in the Confederacy.

Moreover, these civil war era divisions have now emerged in a constitutional confrontation over immigration. In January, the US Supreme Court ordered Texas to remove razor wire it had put up along the Rio Grande river to stop migrants from crossing. Texas Governor Greg Abbot refused to comply, claiming the compact between the states and the United States had been broken by President Biden’s failure to halt illegal immigration.

Abbot’s suggestion that the US Constitution is a mere compact that states may ignore at their discretion is reminiscent of the Confederacy’s rationale for being able to leave the Union in 1861.

Compounding such divisions are the growing differences in public opinion and voting preferences between rural and urban areas.

In terms of public opinion, nearly two-thirds (64 per cent) of urban Americans believe immigration strengthens society, while a majority (57 per cent) of rural Americans say it threatens traditional American customs and values. Seven in ten (70 per cent) urban Americans hold the view that government should do more to solve problems. Half (49 per cent)of those in rural areas think that the government is doing too many things best left to businesses and individuals.

In terms of voting preferences, of the half dozen most urbanized states, only one voted for Trump and it was also in the Confederacy. Of the half dozen least urbanized states, four voted for Trump and two were in the Confederacy.

These growing divisions in American society are mirrored in a growing partisanship in many attitudes towards the US role in the world and pressing international issues.

70 per cent of Republicans who support Trump believe that Ukraine aid has not been worth the cost, compared with 69 per cent of Democrats who say it has been worth it. On the Israel-Hamas war, six in ten (61 per cent) liberal Democrats believe Israel is going too far in its military operation against Hamas, but only 8 per cent of conservative Republicans agree.

True, but it has also been infiltrated by them. That's not conspiracist thinking btw, it's something that the US military and all the so-called 'alphabet boys' are very concerned about. The trumpist MAGA rot also extends into militarised civilian orgs such as the police and their SWAT teams. Whilst the militias are a disorganised, distributed group, that does not mean they are to be taken lightly or dismissed out of hand. A lot of their number are ex-miltary and a significant number of those are ex-special forces. The "flash mob of blowhards, nazis and loons" can still be put to use by the more cynical and dangerous members of such groupings, happily sacrificing them in distraction actions so they can go in against more 'high-value', 'mission critical' targets.
yeah well that's the classic military coup dynamic, how much is the military on side.... only one way to find out

Last edited:
anyone who seriously posts

is a bit of prick IMO.

The lack of willingness to press home significant consequences against the perpetrators early on is exactly the kind of pussy-footing that has emboldened the current crop of far-right insurrectionists and traitors. By not taking decisive action in the first instance, the US authorities have helped to either create the conditions for their own downfall, or they have forced themselves into bringing the hammer down much harder when the situation becomes even more dire later on.

These fucks openly call themselves domestic terrorists and talk about purges, deportations and executions. I'm not at all upset at anyone for becoming frustrated with violent fascists being treated with kid gloves. It's shameful that the situation has been allowed to deteriorate this far.

While this is true, and the force of the US state would presumably prevail in the end, it most likely wouldn't happen before a hell of a lot death and destruction had taken place, which is why anyone who seriously posts

is a bit of prick IMO.

You know what, maybe reserve your judgement for the real pricks here, the ones that are happily and knowingly indulging this freak, rather than those who see the damage this freak and his freak support base are doing.

They 100% own and would be responsible for the potential death and destruction that you're so concerned about.

Last edited:
This looked fun, Trump had a rally on private land (perhaps because he owes money for other venues :) ) and looks like failed to pay for buses to get people back to their cars. From what I've seen elsewhere that left thousands of largely old people stranded in heat.

I have no sympathy.

None.

Anyone who hasn't yet realised exactly what Trump is - and what he's playing at - deserves all they get.

If there is a war in America it won’t be two sides lined up against each other across a battlefield. It’ll be like the messy wars we’ve seen in the Middle East for the last several decades.

Not least because it’s Americans who’ve been involved in those wars.

Dug in here, marauding there, skirmishes sieges and night raids, holding and ceding ground, guerrilla tactics etc.

I think we’re closer to it than some people think. I was taken to task as a fool last year for saying so.

Full article C&P below. Stats and facts included.
A sort of "Dis-United State", in other words.

even members of the military calling Trump a fascist…

The generals are always inclined towards Republican/conservative candidates, but they're more sensitive to potential instability than the average voter if that makes sense. They want a strong leader figure, with a consistent foreign policy, and Trump isn't that. They're also big fans of shipping all their out of date kit to Ukraine so they can buy new kit, and Trump's not behind that either.

That being said, the brass don't have much effect on how the rank and file vote and there's clearly more of them. They went for Biden in 2020, and it's pretty close in 2024 though Trump's rhetoric against mail-in and absentee voting targets them directly. Veterans, on the other hand, will vote for any marsupial with a Republican sticker.

The generals are always inclined towards Republican/conservative candidates, but they're more sensitive to potential instability than the average voter if that makes sense. They want a strong leader figure, with a consistent foreign policy, and Trump isn't that. They're also big fans of shipping all their out of date kit to Ukraine so they can buy new kit, and Trump's not behind that either.

That being said, the brass don't have much effect on how the rank and file vote and there's clearly more of them. They went for Biden in 2020, and it's pretty close in 2024 though Trump's rhetoric against mail-in and absentee voting targets them directly. Veterans, on the other hand, will vote for any marsupial with a Republican sticker.

I've never seen any breakdown of veteran voting patterns and would be interested to see something, even is it doesn't include kangaroos

I've never seen any breakdown of veteran voting patterns and would be interested to see something, even is it doesn't include kangaroos
I'll have to dig up a link, but it was something like twice as many vets thought Harris would make the country worse overall compared to Trump. You're not going to easily find actual vote results, so you'll have to take the polls of them with a grain of salt. What's interesting (or obvious) is they're very much in favour of both VP candidates, because they're both veterans. There's no Rep/Dem split on the VP role.

Trump has just told a room full of women that he is "the father of IVF."
smCzfKd.gif

"I'm the father of this thing that I learned about when I was 78 years old"

During a women's town hall on Fox News in Cumming, Georgia, Trump referred to himself as "the father of IVF," but added that he asked Sen. Katie Britt, R-Ala., to explain what in vitro fertilization was during a phone call.

"I said explain IVF very quickly, and within about two minutes, I understood it," Trump said. "I said, no, no, we're totally in favor of IVF."

It’s been the subject of intense debate among late-night comedians and Donald Trump’s many online critics: why, in certain circumstances, does the president of the United States sometimes appear … orange?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...is-protest-white-house-donald-trump-live-news

Now Trump himself has come up with an answer – and it’s not one anyone was expecting. The problem, apparently, is energy-efficient lightbulbs.

Talking before an audience of Republican legislators in Baltimore on Thursday night, Trump gave a rambling speech in which he tackled criticism of his recent plans to weaken regulations on environmentally friendly bulbs.

“The lightbulb,” the president began. “People said: what’s with the lightbulb? I said: here’s the story. And I looked at it. The bulb that we’re being forced to use! No 1, to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you! The light is the worst.”

Seriously is it just a spray tan?, does he actually make himself look that way on purpose?
I suppose its hardly the most disturbing thing about him but really hes nearly 80..fake tan?

"I'm the father of this thing that I learned about when I was 78 years old"

During a women's town hall on Fox News in Cumming, Georgia, Trump referred to himself as "the father of IVF," but added that he asked Sen. Katie Britt, R-Ala., to explain what in vitro fertilization was during a phone call.

"I said explain IVF very quickly, and within about two minutes, I understood it," Trump said. "I said, no, no, we're totally in favor of IVF."

Fuck NBC though for that summary (in the link) where they just can't help themselves -

"Harris, who has received criticism for not doing enough media appearances, will also be interviewed by Fox News' Bret Baier, airing this evening."

As if that's the concerning issue. After the most recent week of trump? Jesus.

American MSM is so down there in the trump sewer, happily swilling about in his turds, enabling him and the disgusting chaos he creates, all for entertainment and clicks and revenue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom