Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Britain, Yemen of the West?

Well I'm not sure 70k debt at a low interest rate which is just deducted as you earn is much of a burden for people who will potentially be earning 100k later in their careers as established GPs, consultants etc....
If they're going to be earning that sort of money, tax their income when they have it.

It's one fuck of a burden if you ever decide for whatever reason that the conventional medicine career is no longer for you. Students are locking themselves in to one path aged 18. It stinks.

If they're going to be earning that sort of money, tax their income when they have it.

It's one fuck of a burden if you ever decide for whatever reason that the conventional medicine career is no longer for you. Students are locking themselves in to one path aged 18. It stinks.

I don't disagree re: debt in general - though I'm just pointing out that medical students are hardly the underprivileged underclass.... rather their futures are, for most of them, fairly bright. I was using the example of a medical student dropping everything to go fight in Syria as an example of someone who is likely motivated for ideological reason rather than no hopes of a future over here.

I don't disagree re: debt in general - though I'm just pointing out that medical students are hardly the underprivileged underclass.... rather their futures are, for most of them, fairly bright. I was using the example of a medical student dropping everything to go fight in Syria as an example of someone who is likely motivated for ideological reason rather than no hopes of a future over here.
Fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom