Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Meanwhile, on the West Bank Front

OK I have to confess I don't know these names. Why are they important?
Also the U S congress just passed a declaration that anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism. Concerted attempt to censor criticism of Israel. See J. Corbyn, fate of.

Without wishing to condone this behaviour at all, I think there is a fairly significant difference between "I won't donate any more money to you if you do this thing" and "I'm going to make it illegal to do this thing."

Without wishing to condone this behaviour at all, I think there is a fairly significant difference between "I won't donate any more money to you if you do this thing" and "I'm going to make it illegal to do this thing."
They're doing both. They are also making massive posters with photos, names and addresses of student critics of Israel with captions like "Harvard's Leading Anti-semites," putting them on trucks and driving around town. Cowardly and despicable, using money to suppress free speech and terrorize opponents.

Anyway, sorry to derail this thread about the international Zionist conspiracy, but here's some actual news about what's happening in the West Bank:

as if thats not bad enough:

Israeli authorities typically require Palestinian residents to pay for the bulldozing of their homes as well as the salaries of police officers who are deployed to evict residents and secure the premises. Abu Diab expects the total bill to amount to $20,000 or $30,000.

Last edited:
as if thats not bad enough:

Israeli authorities typically require Palestinian residents to pay for the bulldozing of their homes as well as the salaries of police officers who are deployed to evict residents and secure the premises. Abu Diab expects the total bill to amount to $20,000 or $30,000.
I wonder where they got that idea from? I'm not usually one for making crass comparisons between zionism and a particular aspect of German history... but when my youngest son's grandfather got sent to Buchenwald after Kristallnacht, his great-grandfather's shop got smashed up as well, and he too was forced to pay the nazis for all damage caused.

Anyone know much about what's been going off in the West Bank this week? Seen claims of fighting between Al-Quds Brigades/PIJ and the PA, but can't find any proper coverage of it, just xtwitterx posts. Can anyone find more?

There is ongoing settler violence in the West bank protected of course by the IDF. It all started because of this:

1713091857227.png

Since then the settlers have run riot burning Palestinian home is a number of villages and randomly shooting at people:

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1779106723405426898

Still happening now:

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1779459661898432594

Missing boy's body found, blamed on Palestinians:

There is ongoing settler violence in the West bank protected of course by the IDF. It all started because of this:

Since then the settlers have run riot burning Palestinian home is a number of villages and randomly shooting at people:

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1779106723405426898

Still happening now:

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1779459661898432594

Missing boy's body found, blamed on Palestinians:

More people in the West Bank were killed. This is from Thursday (18th May):

According to the human rights group Yesh Din, Israeli settlers attacked 11 Palestinian villages and towns on Saturday alone. They threw stones, set fire to more than 100 vehicles, damaged scores of homes and businesses, and slaughtered hundreds of livestock. In the village of Beitin, near Ramallah, settlers shot dead 17-year-old Omar Hamed. In Al-Mughayyir, slightly further north, 25-year-old Jihad Abu Aliya was killed in circumstances that are still somewhat unclear: settlers were attacking the village at the time, but the Israeli army stated that Abu Aliya was killed by their fire. Another incident captured on a security camera shows Israeli soldiers standing guard while settlers set fire to a car in the town of Deir Dibwan, also near Ramallah.

The pogroms continued into Monday, when Israeli settlers shot dead two Palestinian shepherds — Abdelrahman Bani Fadel, 30, and Mohammed Ashraf Bani Jama, 21 — on land belonging to the community of Khirbet al-Tawil, east of the town of Aqraba near Nablus.

Murad Dawabsheh, a 52 year old father of five, said settlers attacked his home and burnt his garden. He says they also burnt a nearby building to the ground. The building had served as an office, storage room and warehouse.

In his former office, settlers set alight many books, including religious books and poetry. “This is my archive,” he lamented. “Who burns books?

I understand Hebrew, I heard them telling each other to burn down the gray house [the main building where Dawabsheh’s family was hiding]. I didn’t have time to be afraid for myself, I was afraid for my wife and children.”

Pogroms surge across West Bank

Some may think this is good news:

U.S. expected to sanction IDF unit for human rights violations in West Bank

However this from 2022 gives the impression that the above is more of a performative gesture much like a sticking plaster on a gaping wound:

And this from the Israeli analyst Mariav Zonszein rather underlines the situation:

Last edited:
Not the West Bank, but still:

But relevant to West Bank. The same kind of planning system thats been used in West Bank applies to non Jewish communities in Israel itself.

And this is being done to Israeli citizens.

Example of why whether a two state or one state peace solution is found what's also required is the dismantling of the whole Zionist system of state of Israel. This example shows how inequality between Jewish and non Jewish Israelis is embedded into the system.

Full paid up members of the 'we can do what the fuck we like' brigade. Utter scum:

And as second video shows they passed an ambulance. Pointed out in the news reporting.last night.

British did similar during the Arab revolt in the 1930s. Arab rebels would plant bombs on roads. So British would put prisoners on truck in front of convoy of army vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom