Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If the Iraq war was wrong, why didn't Britain and the rest of the world stopped the USA?

Just checked. No freedom of speech in Oz. Not even "freedom of expression" (which we have).

There is an "implied freedom of political communication", it seems.

I remembered someone who claims that what I am saying is hate speech and should never be allowed...

Freedom of speech should allow you to to say anything, regardless of whether it is considered hate speech or not and should be the case, always.

Since I got here, I have been cursed, insulted, humiliated and there was even a thread about killing me, does it bother me? No. You are allowed to say whatever you want to say to me because I respect your freedom of speech and I never want to take that away from you no matter how depraved are the things that you are saying to me.
Freedom of speech doesn't mean that anyone else has to listen, engage with you or agree and it also doesn't mean that people can't take the piss out of your pronouncements.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean that anyone else has to listen, engage with you or agree

That's fine! I don't agree with many of the responses here but do I insult them for it? Again, you can believe whatever you want to believe.

and it also doesn't mean that people can't take the piss out of your pronouncements.

That's fine. Laugh at it all you want! I welcome it! Part of freedom of speech.

Beetroot?!? Now you've got me thinking. Beetroot and goat's cheese is a delicious combination that could work very well on pizza.
You have no idea what you've started here :D

Don't get me wrong, Mrs. M, I like beetroot (but not pickled - Grandpa A used to love pickled beetroot, but he was from Yorkshire), but not in great big chunks. Shredded into a salad (spinach, chard and beetroot with goats cheese is YUM! I had a version in a Spanish restaurant years ago with added orange - that was even more YUM! Never thought about orange and beetroot going together, but it's very tasty) but not on a pizza (that said, I don't eat much pizza these days - I used to live off Domino's (Texas BBQ Feast with spicy wedges) which probably explains why I used to be a size 36)).

I'm completely gluten free grain free these days. Grains are one of the things I know will set off my suspected IBD.

ETA: It wasn't me, it was danny la rouge! :D

It destabilized the country, led to hundreds of thousands of deaths, created ISIS, caused a mass migration, which has spilled over Europe and are making Europeans very angry and most nations in the world were against it!

But if most nations of the world were against it, why didn't these nations save Iraq and the people there and stopped the US, through force if necessary?
I don't think you'll find anyone here on Urban who thinks the Iraq war was wrong, we're all happy with it, especially in America's role

I remembered someone who claims that what I am saying is hate speech and should never be allowed...

Freedom of speech should allow you to to say anything, regardless of whether it is considered hate speech or not and should be the case, always.

Since I got here, I have been cursed, insulted, humiliated and there was even a thread about killing me, does it bother me? No. You are allowed to say whatever you want to say to me because I respect your freedom of speech and I never want to take that away from you no matter how depraved are the things that you are saying to me.
You were given freedom of speech here but you abused that privilege by firstly refusing to engage with the counterpoints presented to you - probably because you were too thick to comprehend the arguments - and secondly bullshitting about where you were posting from.

So when you lie, you disrespect the community and lose all 'rights' here. You twat.

Don't get me wrong, Mrs. M, I like beetroot (but not pickled - Grandpa A used to love pickled beetroot, but he was from Yorkshire), but not in great big chunks. Shredded into a salad (spinach, chard and beetroot with goats cheese is YUM! I had a version in a Spanish restaurant years ago with added orange - that was even more YUM! Never thought about orange and beetroot going together, but it's very tasty) but not on a pizza (that said, I don't eat much pizza these days - I used to live off Domino's (Texas BBQ Feast with spicy wedges) which probably explains why I used to be a size 36)).

I'm completely gluten free grain free these days. Grains are one of the things I know will set off my suspected IBD.

ETA: It wasn't me, it was danny la rouge! :D
I'm definitely with you on the not pickled front! I used to hate beetroot but that was because it only ever came to me in pickled form.
Cooked in any other way, it is delicious.

It destabilized the country, led to hundreds of thousands of deaths, created ISIS, caused a mass migration, which has spilled over Europe and are making Europeans very angry and most nations in the world were against it!

But if most nations of the world were against it, why didn't these nations save Iraq and the people there and stopped the US, through force if necessary?
No idea as our government joined in with america on this one, despite the large demonstrations againt it so as a nation we can't get holier than thou about it, but at least we can do that on a personal level.

Back
Top Bottom