Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If the Iraq war was wrong, why didn't Britain and the rest of the world stopped the USA?

We have a pizza van parked-up on the prom in Worthing, 7-days a week, weather permitting.

Does freedom of speech entitle you to say what you like in somebody's house? Or write what you like in their visitor's book?

Visitors book? who are you? the Queen of Sheba?

<was wondering whether that was a normal thing for a sec> :oops:

Visitors books are not normal.
Visitors books belong only in very high end hotels, stately homes and down at heel B&Bs.

Which one do you think JuanTwoThree lives in?

All of them at least some of the time.

I want to get back to visitor books, surely only really posh houses with pantries and summer houses would have this

B&Bs usually have them.

The point being that Urban is a bit like Editor's visitors book. I've never had one or been in a private house that had one. It's an analogy. FFS.

I remembered someone who claims that what I am saying is hate speech and should never be allowed...

Freedom of speech should allow you to to say anything, regardless of whether it is considered hate speech or not and should be the case, always.

Since I got here, I have been cursed, insulted, humiliated and there was even a thread about killing me, does it bother me? No. You are allowed to say whatever you want to say to me because I respect your freedom of speech and I never want to take that away from you no matter how depraved are the things that you are saying to me.

The most depraved thing I've seen on your threads is your hard-on for corpses, specifically American corpses.

Please choose your favourite pizza in Stirling. Over the years I have whittled it down to two, so that you won't have to. But now you have to choose.

Is it:

Corrieri's

pizza-2.jpg

Or Il Vicolo:

28056800_1804179013218960_1940890432896417912_n.jpg

What about Napizza? I've heard good things.

Why does Stirling have a wide choice of quality independent italian restaurants, isn't it quite a small city, bang out of order tbh

A fair bit of immigration from Italy to Scotland in the early part of the twentieth century, and quite a few of them started up cafes, ice-cream parlours, fish and chip shops etc that are still family owned. Often some of the oldest continuously-owned businesses in even quite small towns, to be honest.

Lena Zavaroni, Peter Capaldi, Armando Iannucci, Lou Macari, Daniela Nardini, Nicola Benedetti, Tom Conti, Paulo Nutini, Charles and Rocco Forte, Ronni Ancona are/were all scions of that diaspora

You get a pizza van where you live? Fucking luxury.

There was a pizza van at a EuroCamp I went to about fifteen years ago.
Pretty sure it gave me the shits.

Also the same week I got into a fight with a mate and threatened him with a golf club.

Haven't spoken since, and he's moved to New Zealand.

Anyway, good times.

Can't say I'm all that interested in why this thread was started but seeing as how it's the most recent thread regarding Iraq I'd just like to draw peoples attention to events that seem to be going largely unreported in a lot major news outlets. There is however this piece in the New York Times. People have been demonstrating over corruption and unemployment also a lack of basic facilities such as electricity and water over the past few days and the government has ordered the killing of protestors. So far 91 people have been killed, possibly more. Fairly predictably the theocracy next door has been blaming 'foreign hands' Compare and contrast with the coverage of events in Hong Kong.

upload_2019-10-6_13-10-52.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom