Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kanye believe it? Follow Kanye West's 2020 presidential bid here...

I'm not sure the guy who spent years claiming the Sandy Hook murders were faked gives much of a fuck about acting fairly tbf. I think there's a good chance West will no longer be invited on mainstream platforms after this latest, but that's a never-ending supply of increasingly unhinged hustlers that will have him on.

he should simply just be deplatformed. even fascism aside, he sounds very unwell.

That will just force him further down the rabbit hole into a world in which he’s not exposed to countering ideas.

We think that cancellation makes people disappear, but just look at the re-emergence of Milo the peed and his buddy Fuentes. They seemingly fell off the face of the earth, only to pop their heads back up worse than ever, having been secretly plotting behind the scenes to cause trouble.

Keep people in plain sight and not only can you keep and eye on them, but their arguments can be debunked in public.

That will just force him further down the rabbit hole into a world in which he’s not exposed to countering ideas.

We think that cancellation makes people disappear, but just look at the re-emergence of Milo the peed and his buddy Fuentes. They seemingly fell off the face of the earth, only to pop their heads back up worse than ever, having been secretly plotting behind the scenes to cause trouble.

Keep people in plain sight and not only can you keep and eye on them, but their arguments can be debunked in public.
I don#t think it's appropriate that a man in the throws of a nervous breakdown is a given a platform. he should be given help, not thrown on podcast after podcast to help some slime grifter's view count.

I don#t think it's appropriate that a man in the throws of a nervous breakdown is a given a platform. he should be given help, not thrown on podcast after podcast to help some slime grifter's view count.

I’d say that’s between him, his family and any medical professionals that are involved.

As his ongoing behaviour becomes ever more disturbing and troubling, then there needs to be some kind of intervention if possible. And sooner than later. It's pretty unedifying to see someone self-destructing like that, in the public arena, encouraged and enabled by those who want to exploit his ever-increasing damaged mind for their own ends. I'm not a particular fan of his, never have been. But it's obvious he's not a well man at all and needs help. Before it's too late.

Interesting to see Jones clearly feeling disquieted in the presence of actual (as opposed to performed) mental illness though. A man who's spent his entire career pushing and foregrounding delusional thinking and making money off the unsound, but rarely having to confront its reality.

West has been having well-documented delusional breaks just like this for years. It's why he was invited on the show.

I also liked Jones saying "you're not a nazi, you don't deserve to be called that and demonized .."

well actually from the following statement, yes and yes :)

No. He’s a Semite…. Cos he’s African…. therefore he cannot be antisemitic, and ergo not a nazi.

he should simply just be deplatformed. even fascism aside, he sounds very unwell.

How on earth do you deplatform Ye?

And anyway his bullshit has now gained a lot of traction. Anything “done to” KW will automatically strengthen his position.

A great deal of what is being braodcast is KW talking to fan cams in the street.

Id agree that the podcasters are just cashing in and it’s ugly stuff, but KW himself is keen to talk, to share his thoughts. Not possible to silence him unless he’s put into involuntary hold, which would again confirm the idea that he’s being silence and targeted.

No doubt he was got on to draw eyeballs and cause a scene. That doesn't mean Jones wasn't disquieted by what he was seeing, however - he's no more Marlon Brando than he is David Frost.

Jones was delighted by what he was seeing, from the sounds of it.

"I'm the crazy one here,” Jones said. “We’re all crazy. The whole world is crazy. And the whole power structure is coming down.”
Jones added: “This is absolutely lit. This is lit, lit, lit, lit, lit, lit. Number one show in the world right now.”

Jones was delighted by what he was seeing, from the sounds of it.

"I'm the crazy one here,” Jones said. “We’re all crazy. The whole world is crazy. And the whole power structure is coming down.”
Jones added: “This is absolutely lit. This is lit, lit, lit, lit, lit, lit. Number one show in the world right now.”
I'm not arguing that he'd have been unhappy with the outcome, just that in the moment he looked discomfited, which I'll stand by.

Back
Top Bottom