Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kanye believe it? Follow Kanye West's 2020 presidential bid here...

It's tough when your an artist. media interaction is kinda a distinct byproduct of your work.

Just because your whoring doesn't mean you shouldn't have protections.

They might have the finances but do they have the social or business support.

If your livelihood relies on media interaction who in your life is going to be the one who step forward and tell you to stop when you have difficulties knowing when yourself.
it won't be your publishers and may not be your family. And if you are not good at knowing when to say no how are they going to get you to say no anyhow?

Agreed - but then, if you spend half your life shamelessly whoring yourself to the meejah for every bit of publicity you can get, you can hardly moan about excessive press intrusion.
yer sleetps with dogs, yer gets fleas.
Right, but in that metaphor the 'fleas' are humans, who can exercise some consideration and decide how to deal with Kanye and his actions.

<e2a: I don't know about the "whoring yourself to the meejah" stuff, I've managed to stay largely ignorant of Kanye's shenanigans, but whether the case or not, still think everyone else has a choice about how they respond to theat, especially if they're aware of the mental health issues involved>

Last edited:
If he is bipolar and hypomanic or manic, there is a state you can get into where you can spend loads of money, often the issue is that people max out credit cards etc or spend into their overdraughts. It seems Kanye has plenty of money, but running for president has to be a massive money pit, especially if you don't have a chance. Either way, that and grandiose ideas both are consistent with bipolar.

They might have the finances but do they have the social or business support.

If your livelihood relies on media interaction who in your life is going to be the one who step forward and tell you to stop when you have difficulties knowing when yourself.
it won't be your publishers and may not be your family. And if you are not good at knowing when to say no how are they going to get you to say no anyhow?
Yes, i grant you all of that. I would have hoped he would have professional businessmanagers - or even his pa-in-law, who's no one's fool - to step in and help on that front. If he has, they're doing him no favours

Right, but in that metaphor the 'fleas' are humans, who can exercise some consideration and decide how to deal with Kanye and his actions.

<e2a: I don't know about the "whoring yourself to the meejah" stuff, I've managed to stay largely ignorant of Kanye's shenanigans, but whether the case or not, still think everyone else has a choice about how they respond to theat, especially if they're aware of the mental health issues involved>
don't disagree with any of that. I have little respect for the showbiz-covering meejah.

from a daily newsletter i get, no link to give:

Trump-affiliated lawyers for West argued that Democrats challenging signatures on his nomination papers should be required to prove that "Mickey Mouse" did not, in fact, sign the petition to put him on the ballot.

That doc is very worthwhile by the way. Especially the middle part that looks at Curtis Lundy (jazz musician who arranged the gospel elements of the track), Rhymefest, who's work I really like, and had no idea he had a big part in creating the track, and John Legend, who I also didn't know was involved! :eek:

That doc is very worthwhile by the way. Especially the middle part that looks at Curtis Lundy (jazz musician who arranged the gospel elements of the track), Rhymefest, who's work I really like, and had no idea he had a big part in creating the track, and John Legend, who I also didn't know was involved! :eek:
Yes was a good watch, the choir bit was cool
Also had no idea John Legend was on it, seemed pointless tbh!

Yes was a good watch, the choir bit was cool
Also had no idea John Legend was on it, seemed pointless tbh!
:D I know what you mean. A lot of talent for a small band of EQ! I think Chaka Khan feels the same way about Through The Wire. Legend himself seems fine about it though to be fair.

This place is going to be busy.

"We’ll remove your Kanye tattoos for free,” London-based Naama Studios announced on Instagram last month as Ye, the rapper and music mogul formerly known as Kanye West, was condemned over a string of antisemitic statements made publicly in recent months ... In a play on the rapper’s name, the tattoo parlor even came up with a slogan for its service: “Yeezy come, Yeezy go.”

A man with an opaque stocking over his head is saying that the loves a looooooot of thiiiiings about the epitome of evil.

Yeah, okay dude. Keep going man.

It was only a matter of time, eh, before Hitler and all of that became something in the rear view mirror, with no meaning to those gazing into the mirror.

Ring side seat at the circus at the end of the world Y’all.
Is it time for the clowns yet or is this when we go out to buy I scream.

Back
Top Bottom