Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boris Johnson tests positive for Covid-19

so you think he was faking it and just pissing about at home for the 4 weeks

:hmm:
Nope. I was simply pointing out that some of the comments/predictions on this thread were bollocks. LBJ said I was talking bollocks and that nobody had made any such comments or predictions. I quoted a couple. There were others too. One which sticks in my mind suggested that BJ would never be able to resume his duties as PM even if he didn't die. He has. So it was LBJ who was actually talking bollocks.

Nope. I was simply pointing out that some of the comments/predictions on this thread were bollocks. LBJ said I was talking bollocks and that nobody had made any such comments or predictions. I quoted a couple. There were others too. One which sticks in my mind suggested that he would never be able to resume his duties as PM even if he didn't die. He has. So it was LBJ who was actually talking bollocks.
You said: "Well so much for all the predictions on here that he was 'fighting for his life'"

Are you claiming that despite him being in intensive care, he wasn't in fact fighting for his life, or are you just talking bollocks?

Anyway, it’s good for the country that the PM can get this virus and make a full recovery despite what the radical hate wing opine.
You mean the PM who has made an internationally recognised catastrophic job of containing the virus and whose dithering and inaction has directly led to thousands of needless deaths?

Please explain why any rational person should be celebrating the return of such an incompetent fuckwit?

So you reckon he was in intensive care because the bed was spare? Might question the exact language but of course his life was at risk.

The official government line was very clear - he was moved to intensive care as a precaution. Apparently on admission he was taken to a private room, but there was some concern how they would move him from there to ICU on Tuesday should it be necessary, so they decided to do it on Monday night when things were quieter. So yes, initially he was in intensive care because a bed was spare.

The official government line was very clear - he was moved to intensive care as a precaution. Apparently on admission he was taken to a private room, but there was some concern how they would move him from there to ICU on Tuesday should it be necessary, so they decided to do it on Monday night when things were quieter. So yes, initially he was in intensive care because a bed was spare.
Ha ha. Fair enough. Basically a bad sniffle then.

You said: "Well so much for all the predictions on here that he was 'fighting for his life'"

Are you claiming that despite him being in intensive care, he wasn't in fact fighting for his life ...
I am. The government line was never that he was 'fighting for his life' but that he was being observed in intensive care to be careful. Others, probably you included, were shrieking cobblers that we were being lied to, that he was on the verge of death, would never be able to act as PM again, and various other pish.

It was bollocks. He's back at work. You were wrong. Get over it.

I am. The government line was never that he was 'fighting for his life' but that he was being observed in intensive care to be careful. Others, probably you included, were shrieking cobblers that we were being lied to, that he was on the verge of death, would never be able to act as PM again, and various other pish.

Good grief. I'm not going back to search for them all, but there were plenty of posts expressing scepticism about the seriousness of his condition. And I'll confidently say without checking that these easily outnumbered those predicting his imminent demise/collapse into a vegetative state. fwiw my line trod between the two - expressing scepticism about the truthfulness of the reports while being open to the idea that he might indeed have been about to gasp his final oxygen-enriched breath.

He credited the NHS with 'saving his life'.

[QUOTE}Johnson said he had left hospital “after a week in which the NHS has saved my life, no question”.[/QUOTE]

But you don't think his life was ever in danger. OK.

I'm not going back to search for them all, but there were plenty of posts expressing scepticism about the seriousness of his condition.
I know; some of mine included. But when I said that there were posts on this thread predicting his imminent expiration, end of health/premiership/other shit, you said that was bollocks and that nobody had said that.

It is also true that there do seem to be long term health consequences for many who recover, so predicting end of his premiership wasn't exactly out there.
Looks like we're stuck with the prick a while yet, unfortunately.

You mean the PM who has made an internationally recognised catastrophic job of containing the virus and whose dithering and inaction has directly led to thousands of needless deaths?

Please explain why any rational person should be celebrating the return of such an incompetent fuckwit?

So you agree with posters who forcefully posted they wished his hasty demise - yes?

As for your Independent link - it’s the left equivalent of Breitbart so no thanks.

So you agree with posters who forcefully posted they wished his hasty demise - yes?

As for your Independent link - it’s the left equivalent of Breitbart so no thanks.

You ignored the question:

"Please explain why any rational person should be celebrating the return of such an incompetent fuckwit?"

Want to have a go at that before asking unrelated questions?

I wasn't wrong about anything because I kept my gob shut, apart from to make dumb jokes about him being replaced by a lookalike. I don't think you (of all people) should be accusing people of talking bollocks for suggesting that someone in intensive care is fighting for their life.

I asked you to answer my question and you bring up an irrelevant point about other people. That's not going to work, I'm afraid.

The article I posted references the editor of The Lancet, and the UK's dreadful death shows just how criminally badly Boris & Co have handled the situation. Here's the link to his original article.
The editor of medical journal The Lancet has said the UK government’s responses to the coronavirus outbreak were implemented “far too late” and “failed” NHS workers.

Richard Horton wrote on Saturday that the NHS has been left “wholly unprepared for the surge of severely and critically ill patients” to come, but this could have been prevented had the UK taken more extensive action in February.

He said the government’s initial contain-delay-mitigate-research strategy “failed” because ministers did not follow the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) advice to “test, test, test” all suspected cases.

“They didn’t isolate and quarantine. They didn’t contact trace. These basic principles of public health and infectious disease control were ignored, for reasons that remain opaque,” Mr Horton wrote.
My patience with your wriggling has been exhausted now. Either answer the question or it will become apparent you're only interested in trolling this thread, in which case you shall be banned from it forthwith.

I wasn't wrong about anything because I kept my gob shut, apart from to make dumb jokes about him being replaced by a lookalike. I don't think you (of all people) should be accusing people of talking bollocks for suggesting that someone in intensive care is fighting for their life.
By all accounts, he was moved to intensive care as a precaution. Fighting for his life would suggest (to me) that he was on a ventilator, which he never was.

By all accounts, he was moved to intensive care as a precaution. Fighting for his life would suggest (to me) that he was on a ventilator, which he never was.
Not sure whether we should take that precaution line at face value but clearly he's back now so maybe never really on the ropes. Jammy tosser.

Not sure whether we should take that precaution line at face value but clearly he's back now so maybe never really on the ropes. Jammy tosser.
I wonder if anyone died as a direct result of him being more important and taking up an ICU bed, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom