Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Positives about the next Labour government

IF we do get a labour government at least it won't be the Tories.
but it will be, the only thing that changes are the names and the people, they are all tories. You have blue, red and yellow tories and in Scotland we have the added bonus of the shite show that are the remains of the SNP :( They aren't tories but they're still shite

but it will be, the only thing that changes are the names and the people, they are all tories. You have blue, red and yellow tories and in Scotland we have the added bonus of the shite show that are the remains of the SNP :( They aren't tories but they're still shite

2 names for the same turd
It is looking a bit that way, but Can the current "labour" really be as bad as a Tory.

that's not actually true in the real world, though.
think of the most hateful and divisive, racist and bigoted shite that has come out of this Tory govt and its various members and it's just not true to say we will get the same from this Labour party.

think of the most hateful and divisive, racist and bigoted shite that has come out of this Tory govt and its various members and it's just not true to say we will get the same from this Labour party.
In terms of rhetoric perhaps. But what about actual policies? Labour are busy committing themselves to limit borrowing and to stick to the tax rates the tories are going to bequeath them. All that leaves them with is 'we'll be more competent managers than the tories'. Which may or may not be true, but it's not much of a claim either way. We'll fuck you over more politely?

since they treat their own ethnic minority senior members so shabbily, perhaps you’re wrong

Yep, Labour MPs are completely different to those nasty tories. Just look at Natalie Elphicke, for instance.

My sis follows Richard Murphy and said there was a discussion where they were describing Starmer as LINO :D

Somewhat different from the US RINOs

Because I'm so bored
That I'd be entertained, even by a stupid fuckin'
Linoleum floor, linoleum floor
Yr policies are dumb like a linoleum floor
I'll walk on it, I'll walk all over you etc etc

I’m quite intrigued about the new Labour business rates policy. The language has been about parity between online and bricks’n’mortar firms. Wondering if that means that all limited companies, or even all sole traders, will have to pay up based on turnover.

A £100 per year minimum cost for ltd companies would be quite useful in addressing carousel frauds and other scams which exploit the ludicrous ease with which firms are registered. At anything above £5-10k, you probably don’t need IR35 any more to dissuade contractors from disguised employment.

Back
Top Bottom