Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC presenter Huw Edwards suspended over paying for sexual pics.

For a bulletin board who members often go out of their way to decry celebrity culture, it's amusing that threads like this rocket to multiple pages in a couple of days (see also Schofield etc), whilst others on the war in Ukraine and other politics remain relatively quite.

The transformation from U75 to Mumsnet, continues apace!

Same with the Guardian/Guardian readers. Whilst snootily analysing celeb culture they are also obsessed with it. Liberals innit.

For a bulletin board who members often go out of their way to decry celebrity culture, it's amusing that threads like this rocket to multiple pages in a couple of days (see also Schofield etc), whilst others on the war in Ukraine and other politics remain relatively quite.

Not sure that's true.

I remember when the war in Ukraine started there were 100s of posts and numerous threads started that first few days. Many posters still post on those threads.

I couldn’t keep up with the Ukraine one at first so it was pointless posting on it.

“David Bowie…”

Internet tradition, innit.

View attachment 382691
I still think that was a real shame. It’s not attractive, but he did nothing illegal or even just wrong. He was treated like dirt after it. From memory, I think the worst thing he did was call Wendy Richards a cow - I’m sure I recall commentary along the lines of ‘he can be a sleaze in his own time but my god, poor Pauline, she should be a beloved colleague - let him never see the light of day again’.

I still think that was a real shame. It’s not attractive, but he did nothing illegal or even just wrong. He was treated like dirt after it. From memory, I think the worst thing he did was call Wendy Richards a cow - I’m sure I recall commentary along the lines of ‘he can be a sleaze in his own time but my god, poor Pauline, she should be a beloved colleague - let him never see the light of day again’.
Well, there was the murder and the Yewtree allegations too.

Phew, cor, look at this, whatzappen'd, watzappen'd?

This will be my only contribution to this thread. Another thread will be created when there's another 'cor, look at this' etc.

Well, there was the murder and the Yewtree allegations too.
The murder was known and he’d served his sentence. It’s horrible, but you either believe in rehabilitation or you don’t. If he’s not allowed to work after serving his time then what’s the point. I don’t remember him being linked with Yewtree stuff.

As a seasoned wind up merchant you know full well what brings all the posters to the yard. It's not the subject in hand but the calamity that unfolds whilst the community considers it's position. There has never been much more than a fag paper beween us and mumsnet :D

Back
Top Bottom