Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC presenter Huw Edwards suspended over paying for sexual pics.

That never stopped him :)
I just find it spectacularly, hideously dishonest to twist someone’s words from a mid conversation ‘think about how to get your son used to culture in context, and where he fits safely into it so he can go forward with confidence’ to ‘she told me to take my son to the penis museum’. The difference is between passing a couple of sculptures on the way to the spitfires and sports cars, and google imaging prison gangbangs. It’s a disgusting perversion of what was said. Maybe Magnus was up late last night because he was filing his copy for The Sun. That’s the level of vindictive trash being thrown out, and I see no sorry other than the word. It’s insulting.

So the "victim" is now speaking and its to say that there's no victim, that their mum and the sun newspaper have just been stirring up shit. Am glad, was hoping this would happen.

Curious to find out if that changes people's views though -

Like if the tawdry tale rolls on and it turns out there is evidence that a technical law was broken (like they were 17 when they sold their first rude photo) would you still like to see heads roll / charges pressed?

So the "victim" is now speaking and its to say that there's no victim, that their mum and the sun newspaper have just been stirring up shit. Am glad, was hoping this would happen.

Curious to find out if that changes people's views though -

Like if the tawdry tale rolls on and it turns out there is evidence that a technical law was broken (like they were 17 when they sold their first rude photo) would you still like to see heads roll / charges pressed?
I doubt in that situation the cps would press charges, even though that would be technically illegal

Increasingly sounds like BBC were reasonable in saying not their place to investigate
If that turns out to be the case, do they run into any problems in terms of suspending their employee?

Or is there some kind of due diligence thing?

I mean, fuck it, almost as pointless speculating on the possible employment law issues as who it is, really.

I assume you can view these cam sites anonymously? Seems monumentally stupid that a famous person would choose not to do so.

i don't know really. 'only fans' has been mentioned in the context of this alleged encounter - i believe that money does or can change hands on there, but whether people who post pictures / videos invite donations, or whether stuff is pay to view, i'm not sure. and i'm not sure i want to go and research.

If that turns out to be the case, do they run into any problems in terms of suspending their employee?

I mean, fuck it, almost as pointless speculating on the possible employment law issues as who it is, really.
I hope they do. Else i can go to your employer and say a load of stuff about you, or phone the sun when that doesn't work, and as a result you get suspended, regardless of whether what i've said is true. That seems not great.

I've not followed this thread, I've had some annoying whatsapp messages about it, one I posted earlier, because I thought it was funny, it was in respect of a fact that a photo of a certain BBC presenter showing his arse is doing the rounds, and the tweet was about this presenter with a massive arse, and it was a photo of them and Piers Morgan. :D

It made no direct connection with this story, but I see the editor edited it out, so I am not sure of the boundaries here, I mean is it OK to link to MSM media that are hinting at who it is?

This is pretty grim. If it's the case that someone has engaged in a consensual and legal sexual transaction with a much younger person then however distasteful it's no one else's business and the person widely named on social media has had their reputation destroyed now, whatever happens.

Did you miss the news about Phillip Scofield?

i don't know really. 'only fans' has been mentioned in the context of this alleged encounter - i believe that money does or can change hands on there, but whether people who post pictures / videos invite donations, or whether stuff is pay to view, i'm not sure. and i'm not sure i want to go and research.
Not sure I want to start googling Magnus's penis museum either.

Guess it's like whatever they were trying to prove when they ran the Elton John allegations in the 80s.
Is that something scurrilous and homophobic to do with anal leakage? I only ask because I went to school with a homophobe who used to read The Sun, and burst into registration one morning to declare Elton John had this problem according to that days paper. Or maybe it was George Michael. Their days take on how to insinuate gay without saying gay.

I've not followed this thread, I've had some annoying whatsapp messages about it, one I posted earlier, because I thought it was funny, it was in respect of a fact that a photo of a certain BBC presenter showing his arse is doing the rounds, and the tweet was about this presenter with a massive arse, and it was a photo of them and Piers Morgan. :D

It made no direct connection with this story, but I see the editor edited it out, so I am not sure of the boundaries here, I mean is it OK to link to MSM media that are hinting at who it is?

Did you miss the news about Phillip Scofield?
No. I thought that should have been handled differently but there are key differences in those two cases, not least allegations of workplace impropriety.

dunno.

there are some allegations which are potentially serious enough for a responsible employer to suspend someone (on pay, pending investigation) - and think that there are some circumstances where it's pretty much compulsory - teachers and the like?

yes it is shit for the individual concerned if the allegations turn out to be malicious, but what happens if they turn out to be true and if employer doesn't do anything?

Back
Top Bottom