Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC presenter Huw Edwards suspended over paying for sexual pics.

if they were to successfully sue the sun for printing shit about their client (after the 'victim' told them not to print) there'll be loads of money to share, any self respecting lawyer would take a punt on that i reckon. Plus the publicity.

I'm not sure it was that rosy in the first place. There is the possibility that the extremely rich person, whomever that is, at the centre of all might end up providing such a service via agents.

if they were to successfully sue the sun for printing shit about their client (after the 'victim' told them not to print) there'll be loads of money to share, any self respecting lawyer would take a punt on that i reckon. Plus the publicity.
I think it’s fascinating from a media culture point of view - same as the Schofield circus. I really couldn’t give a toss who it is, the gossip side is of limited interest to me. The press in the UK is unreal - they aren’t happy until they kill someone, which depending on how it’s measured they’ve done a few times, and then after a day or a drip feed of obsequious shite they feed on the corpse.

It seems more invidious because it’s dressed up as seriousness, when most of it is celebrity gossip. In other countries where I’ve taken an interest in what’s going on and how things are reported this kind of stuff is alongside the alien conspiracies and the chewing gum. Here, we have helicopters buzzing above the BBC, just weeks after a daytime chat show host having a work affair became a matter of national concern, and of course we all remember the soap star who licked his finger on camera and saw his career crash around him for it.

If there's the decent prospect of a big payday courtesy of News International I can see very expensive lawyers falling over themselves to do this pro bono.
I'd put a spoiler on that. As much as I think the site owner would love to see his demise I don't think it's fair to speculate that the U2 frontman might have anything to do with this case.

You'd think is some kind of link between the Sun and the world's biggest subscription TV service they way they've been trashing a license-fee TV model broadcaster for years.
The link isnt what it used to be, Comcast have owned Sky since 2018. Murdoch doesnt have 21st Century Fox these days either, Disney got it. He's still got Fox News though.

The link isnt what it used to be, Comcast have owned Sky since 2018. Murdoch doesnt have 21st Century Fox these days either, Disney got it. He's still got Fox News though.

Yeah, but these cunts are all swimming down the same sewer. Makes me almost think about getting a TV license...

I find this so bizarre its interesting,
I mean of all the people to feel sorry for in this shitshow why the mum ?
Maybe you can imagine being so upset about your 20 year old child's life choices that you feel you have no choice but to phone the Sun Newspaper against their wishes?
Well as much as I know you can't trust what's written in the Sun (back in the day my Mum never recognized her stories when they bought them) . However taking what's been published at face value the Mum has fairly decent motives. The Beeb fella no matter what, is in damage limitation and the 20 year old, most likely will end up feeling deprived of a gold egg laying goose. Agree though it is the 20 year old life and their life choice.

Back
Top Bottom