Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC presenter Huw Edwards suspended over paying for sexual pics.

That's actually quite a faux pas. There's a thing known as 'jigsaw identification' whereby they're not supposed to disclose any information that could lead to people putting together pieces of the jigsaw and end up identifying the (alleged) victim, and that might include things like age or gender or where they live.
Yeah I think the presenter let it slip the first time hoping it would not be noticed but had to pull him up on it when it was repeated.

Mother and Stepfather. I hope the Sun paid them in advance. Otherwise their Kerching will be disappearing like the morning mist.

Actually I don’t, this seems more likely an attempt to simply cash in on a family member…
They never asked to be paid according to the shitrag which I do hope was some sort of condition of some sort of back hander.

Surely the young person hasn't retracted anything because they didn't appear to have made any allegations in the first place. It was the parents who made the allegations which may or may not be true and may or may not be any of their/our business but appear not to be supported by their child. 🤷‍♀️
Ah, I see - that makes it clearer. But still really fucked up.

• Sad
Reactions: Sue
from c4 news account it does appear that the alleged "victim" told the Sun a week ago that it was a load of bollocks and the Sun somehow forgot to mention this .Also Suella was shown doing a piece to camera in which she stressed what a very serious situation this is?

Fuck knows what’s going on in this family, it sounds like a horrible mess whatever had happened.

The parents could genuinely have been/be deeply worried about their child’s connection with this person and feel that they have been groomed/exploited/abused. The child/now adult could genuinely feel this isn’t the case and they’re fine etc

It’s not impossible that both things are true.

Parents can freak out and misunderstand situations but kids and adults can also not realise/understand they are being mistreated in some way.

Now it sounds like the parents might have really fucked this up by going to The Sun which was never going to go well but it could have been a real but misguided attempt to get some help.
Maybe not, who knows.

Whatever has happened, this is a monumental car crash.

OK, now I'm totally confused because it sounds like young person's lawyer is saying they retracted and the story is bollocks?! But the parents are saying it happened, but they're estranged from their son?!

this whole thing would never have happened if the Jeremy Kyle was still on TV and families could resolve their differences as god intended.

Fuck knows what’s going on in this family, it sounds like a horrible mess whatever had happened.

The parents could genuinely have been/be deeply worried about their child’s connection with this person and feel that they have been groomed/exploited/abused. The child/now adult could genuinely feel this isn’t the case and they’re fine etc

It’s not impossible that both things are true.

Parents can freak out and misunderstand situations but kids and adults can also not realise/understand they are being mistreated in some way.

Now it sounds like the parents might have really fucked this up by going to The Sun which was never going to go well but it could have been a real but misguided attempt to get some help.
Maybe not, who knows.

Whatever has happened, this is a monumental car crash.
It could be that this celebrity was using a perfectly legitimate outlet to have a hand shandy though and has ended up being the next person to fall for a convoluted honey trap. Let's not rule out all the potential scenarios for the benefit of the ones the newspaper in question thrives upon. It's not just teenagers that like a knuckle shuffle. As someone in the general direction of the age of supposedly alleged celeb though I'd be more likely caught on a fly tying website admiring some pretty tidy dubbin work.

There's a small, tiny part of me that wonders if/wishes this was a sting by the BBC to sucker The Sun.

The story itself doesn't quite fit that hypothetical, but I'd still quite like someone to do it.

There's a small, tiny part of me that wonders if/wishes this was a sting by the BBC to sucker The Sun.

The story itself doesn't quite fit that hypothetical, but I'd still quite like someone to do it.
Would be nice to see the tables turned. Maybe they could broker it all with a fake sheik.

And crack squirrels :thumbs:

To be fair, I took a photo of a squirrel drinking beer from a can in my local park. True story. Really. Yes, really.

Back
Top Bottom