Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assange is Missing?

If the US wants to extradite him - why dont they do it from the UK? Why would they wait until he is in sweden?
Its almost as if there is some other reason why he doesn't want to face rape charges in sweden.....

If the US wants to extradite him - why dont they do it from the UK? Why would they wait until he is in sweden?
Its almost as if there is some other reason why he doesn't want to face rape charges in sweden.....
Presumably they could. Assange isn't currently in the UK, he's in Ecuador.

He's much less likely to get extradited from sweden - they have two legal blocks that we don't. They refuse to extradite to states with the death penalty and they refuse to extradite for reasons of political activity. That's on top of whatever legal guarantees the UK offers - we have to agree to any extradition request if he's passed onto them. And remember, there is no extradition request from the US at all. These legal blocks to extradition are precisely the reason he was in sweden - he was looking to base wikileaks there due to these protections. Now they appear to be the worst legal regime in the world. Sweden.

"Swedish assistant prosecutor Ingrid Isgren was present at the interview, which was conducted by an Ecuadorian prosecutor."
"After Assange gave a day-long statement on Monday, Tuesday was a question-and-answer session lasting about four hours"
""After more than six years of offering his testimony to the Swedish authorities Mr Assange has finally been given the opportunity to do so," Ms Robinson, an Australian human rights lawyer working as an advisor to Assange, said on Tuesday evening.......
Ms Robinson confirmed that Assange's legal team intended to use the absence of his Swedish lawyer at the interview to prevent prosecutors building their case.........
If there is an indictment we will be considering all of the irregularities and challenging that in Sweden"

Julian Assange optimistic Sweden will end probe into rape claim

We shall see what happens. I tend to wait til someone is prosecuted before judging them... if Ms Robinson is to be believed, he has attempted to make a statement previously...also..his Swedish lawyer was not present at his interviews last week.

They can ask for extradition if he leaves the embassy. Which is what you said and that i agreed with. Are you now saying that you were wrong?
I think we are in the realm of non-sequiturs. I pointed out to Kaka Tim that Assange wasn't in the UK, he's within Ecuadorial jurisdiction. I don't know what you are confused about but this has been enough fun for one morning.

I think we are in the realm of non-sequiturs. I pointed out to Kaka Tim that Assange wasn't in the UK, he's within Ecuadorial jurisdiction. I don't know what you are confused about but this has been enough fun for one morning.
That's sort of the problem with you types - this is 'fun'. Just a way to spend some energy and time. One bit of fun after another.

Absolutely...an Ambassador who resigned over the principle of torture giving a detailed analysis of the situation and fair comment over the ridiculous sex laws in Sweden...secret trials?

Anyway...I think the main point is that someone is comparing him to the child rapist savile....pretty much tells you where you are here :)

Absolutely...an Ambassador who resigned over the principle of torture giving a detailed analysis of the situation and fair comment over the ridiculous sex laws in Sweden...secret trials?

Anyway...I think the main point is that someone is comparing him to the child rapist savile....pretty much tells you where you are here :)
Just bad sexual etiquette?

And Murray is to be trusted cos he once had principles?
Icke was a decent sports broadcaster, so let's accept everything he says too

And Murray is to be trusted cos he once had principles?
Icke was a decent sports broadcaster, so let's accept everything he says too
No...only that you should read it. And then comment on it.

Or you can just jump into your sadly typical, nauseating response.

You know what happens next? I'll tell you.

At this point...anyone disagreeing with the urban morality police is presumed to be a sex criminal.

When it comes to the background politics/extradition issue here, there are plausible arguments on both sides. Yes, the Americans would like to get their hands on him, yes, there's also a chance they would try and get him from Sweden - but on the other side, there's Butcher's point that the Sweden is actually a good place to be if you want to avoid extradition. I happen think he should go back to face what are plausible rape charges - but we've been round the block many times on that. In terms of this discussion, I think you have to ask questions about someone who wishes to spend time discrediting rape allegations, pretty much throwing the kitchen sink in terms of events, political slurs, the lot. I wouldn't go as far as Savile comparisons, but Murray deploys some appalling ideas about sexual consent. If this was any other case we would indeed be calling him a creepy cunt over that - and maybe some of those who are cheering him on should have a bit of a look at themselves.

Last edited:
yeah, you seem keen on portraying yourself as a sex pest or summat in the eyes of Urban, when no one has suggested such a thing.
No...I'm pointing out that a poster linked to a Murray post on his blog that questions assange's guilt and now you have two people here accusing him (Murray) of sex crimes....step back and look at it. Although that opens me up to the same allegations...doesn't it? :) That's the way things work here. I'm saddened it doesn't sicken you.

Have you read Murray's blog that was linked to?

Back
Top Bottom