Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assange is Missing?

Never really understood the hatred for Assange on here, is just him or Wikileaks altogether. I mean, I know he's a massive egotist and self-publicist but I can't understand why people would be against what he stands for.

Things like this:
He's probably on his way to Sweden to do the decent thing and face charges. Oh yeah.
He did turn himself in, he was questioned and released with no case to answer. Once the Americans wanted him the Swedes decided they wanted him back. Swedish prosecutors questioned him again about 10 days ago in the embassy.

You surely can't blame him for wanting stay out of Gitmo.

Never really understood the hatred for Assange on here, is just him or Wikileaks altogether. I mean, I know he's a massive egotist and self-publicist but I can't understand why people would be against what he stands for.

Things like this:

He did turn himself in, he was questioned and released with no case to answer. Once the Americans wanted him the Swedes decided they wanted him back. Swedish prosecutors questioned him again about 10 days ago in the embassy.

This is a nonsense retelling.

yep, worth noting that Sweden has never refused a US extradition request.
Let's get straight then. If he's guilty of rape in Sweden then he shouldn't have to face justice in Sweden because the us might put in an extradition request? Or are you saying that he's simply not guilty of rape?

Things like this:

There is no American request for him at all.

Never really understood the hatred for Assange on here, is just him or Wikileaks altogether. I mean, I know he's a massive egotist and self-publicist but I can't understand why people would be against what he stands for...

I guess that depends on what, precisely, you think he stands for.

Seems to me that as the highlighted bit of your post suggests, the main thing he stands for is Julian Assange himself, as demonstrated by his habit of fucking over (both metaphorically and literally) many of those he encounters.

I guess that depends on what, precisely, you think he stands for.

Seems to me that as the highlighted bit of your post suggests, the main thing he stands for is Julian Assange himself, as demonstrated by his habit of fucking over (both metaphorically and literally) many of those he encounters.

I was thinking more of this:
We publish material given to us if it is of political, diplomatic, historical or ethical importance and which has not been published elsewhere. When we have material that fulfills this criteria, we publish.

I was thinking more of this:

Even assuming for the moment that he is doing simply what he claims, does that excuse his fucking over so many people, including those who have actually taken the real risks in providing him with the information and are now actually suffering the consequences?

Even assuming for the moment that he is doing simply what he claims, does that excuse his fucking over so many people, including those who have actually taken the real risks in providing him with the information and are now actually suffering the consequences?
I don't believe wikileaks has ever compromised one of its sources: where a source has been identified, it's been their end.

I don't believe wikileaks has ever compromised one of its sources: where a source has been identified, it's been their end.

Given the amount of evidence-free nonsense you've been happy to post on various threads in the short time you've been here, I'm not sure that whether you believe or don't believe in something is any real indication of whether it's correct or not.

Given the amount of evidence-free nonsense you've been happy to post on various threads in the short time you've been here, I'm not sure that whether you believe or don't believe in something is any real indication of whether it's correct or not.
Well, that's your business.

Both sides of this argument are pretty light on evidence but Assange is certainly behaving more like a man avoiding 30 years in a US cell not one faced with 6 months in a Swedish one. He might be mad which is a possibility I guess

Both sides of this argument are pretty light on evidence but Assange is certainly behaving more like a man avoiding 30 years in a US cell not one faced with 6 months in a Swedish one. He might be mad which is a possibility I guess
Eh? How are you judging how he would behave facing each case? And the extradition situation is better in sweden than here. Which makes it look like he's avoiding the sweden specific charges wouldn't you say?

Nice to see you floating above it all, in full command and view of all the evidence and who is light btw How is the weather up there?

he's acting like an entitled shit bag who has created a scenario where it's him, not the woman he raped who is the real victim.

Back
Top Bottom