Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amber Rudd resigns and then returns (and resigns again)

We will see if there are any Tories who will vote with their conscience. Whichever way it goes, the suspicion of a widescale cover up will hang over her.

What will be fun now is just how bitter Rudd feels now - and how loyal the Tory heavy mob can induce her to be.
If ever anyone was fantastically placed to cause all sorts of hell from the back benches, it's her (alongside Morgan, Soubry, Grieve and God knows how many other ex - ministers).
Bearing in mind the root cause of this scandal is the 2014 Act pushed through by her predecessor - that is, the current PM - she really has taken the rap for her.
This could be great fun...
this was Rudd's first back-bench activity, at PMQs today.

Amber Rudd, who resigned as home secretary on Sunday night, starts by congratulating Sajid Javid on his appointment. She says the UK threat level remains at severe. Last year five terrorist attacks got through. Will May share with her her admiration for the work of the security services?

May says she is pleased to be able to pay tribute to Rudd for the work she did as home secretary. She says Rudd’s work with internet companies was ground breaking. And she says she agrees with what Rudd said about the work of the intelligence agencies and emergency services.

Great fun.

An ambitious young politician like Amber Rudd (she's only bowedeen in parliament 8 years) is not going to make trouble on the benches.
depends whether she thinks she has a way back in, and how soon - and how.
She may decide a period of 'principled independent thinking' followed by a coup is her best bet. It also depends how. much worse things get for May.
On balance though, you're probably right.
When push comes to shove, she will be a loyal, disciplined soldier. Tories usually are

Amber Rudd, who resigned as home secretary on Sunday night, starts by congratulating Sajid Javid on his appointment. She says the UK threat level remains at severe. Last year five terrorist attacks got through. Will May share with her her admiration for the work of the security services?

May says she is pleased to be able to pay tribute to Rudd for the work she did as home secretary. She says Rudd’s work with internet companies was ground breaking. And she says she agrees with what Rudd said about the work of the intelligence agencies and emergency services.

Great fun.
It's early days... Heseltine professed undying loyalty - then went for it

Less than a week after Rudd resigning, theres now stories doing the rounds about Afghani Translators being threatened with deportation unless they pay £2.4k

Not posting a thread about it, because I can only find stories about it in shitrags so far.

Great fun.

She'll be back within 9 months.

Windrush: Grandmother allowed re-entry after 8 years in Jamaica
A grandmother has arrived back in London after spending eight years trapped in Jamaica. Gretel Gocan was on a visit to the country in 2010 when her passport, which showed her right to remain, was stolen and the replacement didn't have the right information.

This is absolutely incredible, and it confirms that the problem goes back far further than Amber Rudd's time as Home Secretary.

Fucking hell. Yeah it doesn't surprise me at all sadly, was this after Cameron was in or before?
Not sure, haven't watched the video and I'm just about to start work so can't watch now.

But the possibility that it started pre-Cameron occurred to me too...

Thinking about it, this case is different to those which were the start of this story, which was about people who had always had full right to live in Britain etc, but had never had to acquire documents to prove it - this woman had a British passport and the authorities fucked up reissuing it.

But I bet if I'd lost my passport while on holiday it wouldn't have taken 8 years for me to be allowed back.

But I bet if I'd lost my passport while on holiday it wouldn't have taken 8 years for me to be allowed back.

Its happened to two of my friends. When it happened in Berlin (maybe 10 years ago) there was a place at Tiegel airport which could issue a 24 hour temporary passport or something to get him home. Got a grilling when he got back into the UK mind but was all OK.

When it happened to a different friend in Prague a few years back he had to go to the UK embassy to get it sorted but again it was all straight forward.

But the above posts relate to British passports, no?

Speaking to 5 News, Ms Gocan's daughter Pauline Blackwood said her mother had been stranded in Jamaica with no money and no pension.

The 81-year-old says she came to the UK in 1960 and never applied for a British passport, but had a stamp in her Jamaican passport granting her indefinite leave to remain.

That document was stolen in 2006 and when she went to Jamaica on a new passport in 2010 she found herself refused permission to return to the UK and told she needed a visa, she said.
here

once upon a time an ink stamp in a passport was the only proof one way or other of entry, exit or entitlement. In our database society that's all changed (except for the records deliberately destroyed), but if her stamp dated back many years, how likely is it that there would be a record that the Jamaican authorities could confirm with the British?

But the above posts relate to British passports, no?

here

once upon a time an ink stamp in a passport was the only proof one way or other of entry, exit or entitlement. In our database society that's all changed (except for the records deliberately destroyed), but if her stamp dated back many years, how likely is it that there would be a record that the Jamaican authorities could confirm with the British?
I misunderstood the story that I read on the BBC as meaning that she had a British passport, and also that the passport was stolen while she was on holiday. Neither of these seem to be the case, so apologies for any confusion I've introduced.

I misunderstood the story that I read on the BBC as meaning that she had a British passport, and also that the passport was stolen while she was on holiday. Neither of these seem to be the case, so apologies for any confusion I've introduced.
yeh you were right to say that this was incredible above.

How many months? Blunkett was back in cabinet (same journey as it happens - work & pensions) 5 months after resigning in disgrace from the home office...

quick reminder of Amber Rudd's safe sex poem.

Loving You Is So Exciting
Darling, let us spend the night,
Sashay past St Mary’s Castle,
Home to bed,
dim the light,
I’ll move your world throughout the night,
Oh, honeyed words are most enticing,
Loving you is so exciting.
But why dear heart,
did you not mention,
What we’ll do for contraception?
‘Don’t you worry, we’ll be fine,
Take a risk, just this time,
‘Tonight’s for pleasure, take a chance,
‘Think of now, and our romance.’
Oh, darling you are less appealing.
What you say is so revealing,
If risk is in your mood and speech,
How about bingo on the beach?

Is she a mug or what? :confused:

That job is a poison chalice given the UC report is due out...McVile jumped ship to avoid being held accountable for it. 'We're making work pay...' Yes okay Esther! Rudd took the kicking last time for May. These careerist cunts really will do anything.

Is she a mug or what? :confused:

That job is a poison chalice given the UC report is due out...McVile jumped ship to avoid being held accountable for it. 'We're making work pay...' Yes okay Esther! Rudd took the kicking last time for May. These careerist cunts really will do anything.

That's it really, in times gone by, there were people in parliament, on both sides of the house, who genuinely wanted to better the lot of the people. Now it is a power game, to try and see just how far you can maximise profit, before triggering a civil war.

Back
Top Bottom