Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf I don't think articul8's comment is necessarily sexist, I mean yes women are more likely to have their looks commented on in general due to sexist assumptions but one individual making such a comment does not sexism make. I mean there are plenty of comments about various ugly smug male tories made on these. Also it's not so much her face in the sense of bone structure or whatever but that awful smug face she is making that.

Tbf I don't think articul8's comment is necessarily sexist, I mean yes women are more likely to have their looks commented on in general due to sexist assumptions but one individual making such a comment does not sexism make. I mean there are plenty of comments about various ugly smug male tories made on these. Also it's not so much her face in the sense of bone structure or whatever but that awful smug face she is making that.

A ranting fool at the right time most of the time and the wrong time right now.

Oh, come off it. Not necessarily sexist lol.

So you just cum when reading cruddas and then comment on it.
What? What on earth makes u think I'm at all pro Cruddas? Nor have I got close to defending a rapist. I said I found someone politically and sexually unattractive. Maybe u all want to fuck Eric pickles?

Oh, come off it. Not necessarily sexist lol.

No it's not, it's quite possible for someone to hold men and women's views equal whilst also happening to pass comment on one particular women having a smug face that could turn milk, just as passing comment on Gideon Osbournes smug face or various other male politicians appearance doesn't mean you think they should be judged on their appearance above their politics.

I genuinely don't think articul8 is sexist, I think he's a political clown but I really don't think he can be said to be sexist and trying to nail him on this is just people looking an excuse to kick our favourite labourite cat.

It might - at best, at best - be alan partridge trying to be 'in with the lads' but given his past form does he get a pass because he pretends to have read pannekoek? Not by me.

It might - at best, at best - be alan partridge trying to be 'in with the lads' but given his past form does he get a pass because he pretends to have read pannekoek? Not by me.

Do you think passing comment on a female politicians face constitutes sexism in itself? I don't, not anymore than commenting on how Gideon's face would put you off your cornflakes means someone judges him on his looks more than his politics.

revol68 said:
Do you think passing comment on a female politicians face constitutes sexism in itself? I don't, not anymore than commenting on how Gideon's face would put you off your cornflakes means someone judges him on his looks more than his politics.

I think this case its nailed on.

It was sexist. 'The temerity of the woman, writing a sex advice column. What could she possibly know about sex? I don't fancy her'.

I think it was the face she was making more than her face per se.

And no I don't think it's necessarily sexist to comment on her face, you would have to show a pattern of consistently judging women on their looks over their politics/actions etc

weepiper said:
It was sexist. 'The temerity of the woman, writing a sex advice column. What could she possibly know about sex? I don't fancy her'.

Exactly. A woman who wrote about sex, I better call her an ugly cow who couldn't make me cum.

Panic ye not, help is on the way

jcb-digger-racing-at-diggerland-3886_2.jpg

No it's not, it's quite possible for someone to hold men and women's views equal whilst also happening to pass comment on one particular women having a smug face that could turn milk, just as passing comment on Gideon Osbournes smug face or various other male politicians appearance doesn't mean you think they should be judged on their appearance above their politics.

I genuinely don't think articul8 is sexist, I think he's a political clown but I really don't think he can be said to be sexist and trying to nail him on this is just people looking an excuse to kick our favourite labourite cat.
I don't necessarily think he's sexist as a label, like he is a SEXIST. But that was a fucking sexist comment to make, so he should be pulled up on it not find excuses for it. People do sexist, racist, whateverist shit sometimes - doesn't make them a WHATEVER in total. But you should fucking pull them up on it (the comment/thinking) then move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom