Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

38 degrees vs Lewes bonfire zulus

I also ran into a big group of Rangers fans who had travelled from Glasgow specifically to revel in the anti-pope aspect of things :facepalm:.

I can believe Rangers fans seeing it as an anti-Catholic thing, but that's certainly not in my experience something sane people see, I know Catholics that attend bonfire celebrations, I assume they don't have an objection to effigies of Guy Fawkes being burn.

I can believe Rangers fans seeing it as an anti-Catholic thing, but that's certainly not in my experience something sane people see, I know Catholics that attend bonfire celebrations, I assume they don't have an objection to effigies of Guy Fawkes being burn.
But surely all catholics identify with and support the beliefs and actions of guy fawkes. In the same way that all muslims identify and support the beliefs of actions of osama bin laden - which is why it was an outrage that an effigy of him was burnt there before. And probably any/all effigies at all.

They were conspicuously out of place and missing the point by quite a wide margin.

BIB, nice touch. :thumbs:

Lewes bonfire society ends tradition of blacking-up

_92292715_trump.jpg

View attachment 119752

nintchdbpict000364793536.jpg

Hope they didn't throw an actual tin of paint into the fire, coz it would almost certainly explode violently :eek:

:facepalm: This time at least it was an individual who though their kid blacking up would be a "hilarious" fancy dress so mid Sussex idiocy all a bit "this is a local bonfire for local people" :rolleyes:.
less race hate more plankton brained

The Zulus of Lewes had mostly gone for a half blacked up half whited up look last night.... stubborn buggers...

Bonfire was ace again.
Sussex will not be druv:facepalm:
"We wunt be druv" is the unofficial county motto of Sussex in southern England.[1][2] It is a Sussex dialect phrase meaning "we will not be driven". The motto asserts that people from the English county of Sussex have minds of their own, and cannot be forced against their will[3] or told what to do.[4] It is used as a motto of the people of Sussex and the Sussex Bonfire Societies.[5][6] Since 2016 it has been used as a strapline, part of the re-branding of Harvey's Brewery of Lewes.[7]
wikkipedia has a photo of the latest bonfire society meeting to illustrate the point:D
I'm not saying they are Yokels but they are:rolleyes:

Except be forced into W Sussex and E Sussex.

That happened in 1974, was there any objections?

From an administrative point of view it's two counties, but if asked most people will say they live in Sussex, not East or West Sussex, IME.

Back
Top Bottom