Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

‘March for the Alternative’ - 26th March - London

I'm there, STUC have booked three trains and am one the Glasgow one. There's busses galore aswell from up here.

I've also heard a rumour of hired thugs (security) being bussed in - a bunch quite happy to flail with their fists.

This is why I'm not intending to take my daughter to the march!
I'll risk a bit of trouble, but I'm not exposing her it.

This is why I'm not intending to take my daughter to the march!
I'll risk a bit of trouble, but I'm not exposing her it.

I really hope there will not be trouble, for lots of reasons.

There are expected to be thousands of children on the march.

Don't post shit like this FFS. Also, you don't get to choose allright?
I was just coming back to edit my post to be honest. I'm not promoting the violence and won't be taking part in it however a number of groups are planning to breakaway (and this is public knowledge which the police will know about). In my opinion it's silly however in a way atleast the vulnerable won't be caught up.

We've gone for a 2 line whip (both Mum and Dad) to insist that all 3 of our kids come. And we're temporarily lifting our swearing ban during the placard production period.

We've gone for a 2 line whip (both Mum and Dad) to insist that all 3 of our kids come. And we're temporarily lifting our swearing ban during the placard production period.

How old are your children?
I'm really am in 2 minds about it.

(Littl'un is 12 by the way)

One six year-old and two nine year-olds. I know what you mean, but the fuckers want us to be scared of trouble, and we shouldn't be put off marching because of that. Having said that, any sign of trouble and we'll be taking cover in the nearest Wetherspoons :)

That is a much better idea than this: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_146591818737668&notif_t=group_activitywww.facebook.com which is calling for people to bombard the media with support for the march..
There have also been national troll a tory days alongside the benefits claimants days of action..
but TC runs a much better line in mischief I think :)

Will take a look. Can't go to the march but firmly in support of the reasons behind it.

Anything else?

Will take a look. Can't go to the march but firmly in support of the reasons behind it.

Anything else?

Not yet, though I have seen the suggestion that anyone who can't go could financially support people who can by helping to pay for coach tickets, esp. in the case of benefits claimants or school students who don't have the possibility of a union to subsidise their transport (or anyone in a non-unionised workspace really)..
Obv. that is dependent on people who have money but can't make it to london for other reasons, and on either knowing people who would like to go or having a local organisation that you could donate to in the knowledge the money will be used to help transport people to london.

One six year-old and two nine year-olds. I know what you mean, but the fuckers want us to be scared of trouble, and we shouldn't be put off marching because of that. Having said that, any sign of trouble and we'll be taking cover in the nearest Wetherspoons :)

As long as Wetherspoons do chips, that might be our bolthole too!:D

Snap. We've made it clear to the kids (nearly 11 and 13 years old) that they're going.

Louis MacNeice

Yeah. I don't understand this - they said it's so that the main march doesn't have to slow down to integrate feedar marches, but surely the whole point of feeder marches is that hyde park is much bigger than embankment so not everyone can assemble there?

Between this and the coach drop offs, it feels like the TUC is trying to hold this down and fuck it up.

Anyway, we won't let that happen..

Ukuncut have called for occupation of Oxford Street, with local groups each adopting a target on oxford street and silmutaneously occupying at 2pm,, leaving at 3:30 to meet up for a big target.
http://www.ukuncut.org.uk/blog/occupy-for-the-alternative

Covering their arses I suspect. They've got to have a nice Saturday afternoons walk from one place to another without incident.

>LFC Bus

if you are from the blue part of Liverpool (and can't stand being with red comrades ;-) - there are still coach places left via the News from Nowhere bookshop on Bold Street

>LFC Bus

if you are from the blue part of Liverpool (and can't stand being with red comrades ;-) - there are still coach places left via the News from Nowhere bookshop on Bold Street

Now now comrade we must put our differences aside for the struggle :)

I'm getting the train down Friday night with the Chester City 3 and making a full weekend of it ;)

It's a bit ironic that it is capitalism that is going to benefit from the 26th: all trains on the Sat from my area are over 80 to 100 pounds now, (they go down after 11) and nearly all hostels are booked up...

Back
Top Bottom