Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

‘March for the Alternative’ - 26th March - London

oh dear :(

you've clearly not seen the footage and pictures from bloody sunday.

Don't be a dick :p

I would of thought more up for it protesters could hold their ground in London on a Saturday night with a bit of entertainment and get (a few) people to join them on Sunday. people are pissed and worried for the future who won't be on the initial demo.

well spottedi would have thought that it would start out, as these things so often do, by people rioting and then obtaining arms through raiding arsenals and the like. or it might not be an insurrection like the easter rising but something nearer egypt.

So often do in some places but haven't done in relatively stable western societies for some time. Nothing even remotely close to this happened even in events on the scale of France in 1968.

It's a rather relevant point to say that the British political tradition is somewhat different to Greece's, isn't it? And do you think Britain is like Egypt?

So often do in some places but haven't done in relatively stable western societies for some time. Nothing even remotely close to this happened even in events on the scale of France in 1968.

Do you think Britain is like Egypt?

Pickmans off his medicine, things in this country need to get a lot worse for that. Though the arsenal is to the right of Buck Palace let me know when your tooled up.

Hyde Park strikes me as a dumb place to occupy - wouldn't we in effect just be kettling ourselves?

Which is why I suggest somewhere more high profile.

I like Mr Bones idea that we occupy somewhere but our climate is not quite so accommodating as Cairo.

We could do it. Hopefully the Vegans can supply some lentils to eat and the hippies some 12v sound systems to keep the spirits high.

Lots of firewood will be needed.

Can we block access to:

Bank of England

Any of the buildings on Canary Wharf

Any of the key buildings in the City?

Any other major international business HQ's

We need no go areas for the plod much akin to the Polytechnics in Greece.There we can build defences, meet, create synergy and come out fighting.

Lots of free transport for this now. Unite, Unison & GMB members can all get free transport via their union (usually you just ring up regin to book yourself on). many local branchse are doing likewise. Sheffield GMB has filled two coaches already, and they only sent the mailing out last week. It's gonna be big

dont think so, certainly doesn't say so on the TUC site which does mention thre'll be different drop off points for different areas (as there will be so many coaches coming)

Be great if the protest was in Wembley. Save a lot of unnecessary trudging around and perhaps get some turf souvenirs and a spot of goal post swinging done, before returning north.

Sorry for reposting this, but I would like some feedback on it. Thanks :) Won't post it again.

Hyde Park strikes me as a dumb place to occupy - wouldn't we in effect just be kettling ourselves?

Which is why I suggest somewhere more high profile.

I like Mr Bones idea that we occupy somewhere but our climate is not quite so accommodating as Cairo.

We could do it. Hopefully the Vegans can supply some lentils to eat and the hippies some 12v sound systems to keep the spirits high.

Lots of firewood will be needed.

Can we block access to:

Bank of England

Any of the buildings on Canary Wharf

Any of the key buildings in the City?

Any other major international business HQ's

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/feb/10/ukuncut-plans-protests-against-banks
Tax avoidance protesters turn their attention to Britain's banks

UK Uncut plans to mobilise thousands for day of action next week, timed to coincide with bonus season

Love these guys! Reasons to be cheerful #1 to
logo.jpg

love.gif
heart.png
love.gif
heart.png

Lots of free transport for this now. Unite, Unison & GMB members can all get free transport via their union (usually you just ring up regin to book yourself on). many local branchse are doing likewise. Sheffield GMB has filled two coaches already, and they only sent the mailing out last week. It's gonna be big

Free transport open to all comers.

Back
Top Bottom