Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

‘March for the Alternative’ - 26th March - London

Part of me is pleased that the Black flag mob have gone on the rampage today and I cannot imagine to many people shedding tears when they saw those banks getting smashed up.

I could have bought into this notion of the main march and rally meaning something important if they had not allowed that prat Milliband and numerous other NLW's to use it to just carry on playing the same political game that has got us in this shit in the first place.

It was truly sickening to see his cuntish little speech especially given his role in the previous Labour regime and for me him being allowed to speak like totally devalued the whole day, at least from the offical part of it.

But those people in masks smashing the s*** out of the banks and so on represented at least in my eyes a far more genuine and honest anger than that other load of staged party political bollocks at Hyde Park.

Give me the honesty of UK uncut and other such groups any day of the week. I doubt I would agree with them on almost anything but at least they are have a genuine passion that can be respected.

We had a good day too - started off with the buggy bloc then went for a nosey at Oxford Circus but managed to (narrowly!) avoid any trouble. Huuuge numbers on the march though, couldn't believe how many were at Embankment this morning.

Walked back down picadilly on the way home, with a family and their kids (around 5-7 years old) who were all chanting "we hate tories and we hate tories" I congratulated the mother on raising her kids proper :cool: :D

Walked back down picadilly on the way home, with a family and their kids (around 5-7 years old) who were all chanting "we hate tories and we hate tories" I congratulated the mother on raising her kids proper :cool: :D

they need to learn the lib dem verse of the song.

at one point we I strolled past a confused looking man standing by his BMW in the middle of the road. Next time I glanced he was smiling and had a sticker on his forehead :D

4 copters by my count. Babylon etc

Part of me is pleased that the Black flag mob have gone on the rampage today and I cannot imagine to many people shedding tears when they saw those banks getting smashed up.

I could have bought into this notion of the main march and rally meaning something important if they had not allowed that prat Milliband and numerous other NLW's to use it to just carry on playing the same political game that has got us in this shit in the first place.

It was truly sickening to see his cuntish little speech especially given his role in the previous Labour regime and for me him being allowed to speak like totally devalued the whole day, at least from the offical part of it.

But those people in masks smashing the s*** out of the banks and so on represented at least in my eyes a far more genuine and honest anger than that other load of staged party political bollocks at Hyde Park.

Give me the honesty of UK uncut and other such groups any day of the week. I doubt I would agree with them on almost anything but at least they are have a genuine passion that can be respected.

Good post. I was thinking the same on miliband, opportunistic fucker, if he was in govt he'd be doing the same no doubt, wouldn't trust that cunt at all.

Some photos here

5561587181_d992a7a735.jpg

We counted 12 riot police vans zooming past us when we were heading to Hyde Park, I think they were going toward the fire in Oxford Circus?

Was working, so couldn't make it, but I've had the news on in the background all afternoon, Sky News showed a bit of Libyan TV reporting it was an anti-war march. :facepalm:

I saw that legend:D

I did have to remonstrate with someone carrying a banner calling clegg a pleb. I informed him that clegg was an ex 28k a year schoolboy and as plebian as a golden turd. Like the cunt that I am I wished him a good day and carried on having satisfied the niggling annoyance that had been at me for half an hour marching behind him

I saw that legend:D

I did have to remonstrate with someone carrying a banner calling clegg a pleb. I informed him that clegg was an ex 28k a year schoolboy and as plebian as a golden turd. Like the cunt that I am I wished him a good day and carried on having satisfied the niggling annoyance that had been at me for half an hour marching behind him

:D

Well, I haven't heard from butchers since 4.30 pm. :hmm:

Hello Geri - I hope he's alright and that he gives you a call soon. You missed a good day out; my daughter was most impressed with the whole thing, especially the 'balaclava people'.

Cheers and take care - Louis MacNeice

Hello Geri - I hope he's alright and that he gives you a call soon. You missed a good day out; my daughter was most impressed with the whole thing, especially the 'balaclava people'.

Cheers and take care - Louis MacNeice

Yeah, I kind of wish I had gone now!

Crispy posting

great day out :D
seeing the march lined up along the embankment, as far as the eye could see from westminster bridge. awe inspiring
lots of 'normal people' not just the unions
samba bands, bicycle sound systems, carnival atmosphere at times
we peeled off and followed a soundsystem. saw lots of aftermath of the balaclava people, paint everywhere. a rather cack-handed police surge and subsequent retreat outside the ukuncut Fortnum & Mason occupation.
as the light fell and the balaclavas settled into the police fighting, we retired to the pub and watched it all unfold from a birds eye view on tv.

agree with the above - couldnt stand going to hyde park to see ed fucking milliband, but the 'genuine anger' seemed to me at least to be the standard black-clad anarkid brigade breaking shit cos it's the man's shit and.... yeah... grrrrr I'm gonna break some shit. i feel angry, but i don't believe for a second that throwing paint at a shop is going to make any difference whatsoever to the inequalities and injustices that inspire that anger. discuss :p

but the 'genuine anger' seemed to me at least to be the standard black-clad anarkid brigade breaking shit cos it's the man's shit and.... yeah... grrrrr I'm gonna break some shit. i feel angry, but i don't believe for a second that throwing paint at a shop is going to make any difference whatsoever to the inequalities and injustices that inspire that anger. discuss :p

It might have a slight chance of making more of a difference than sitting in a pub watching it on TV and pontificating about it on the interwebs

Back
Top Bottom