Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

‘March for the Alternative’ - 26th March - London

It already is massive. So much so, that they are setting off early, in order to release the pressure of people on the embankment! Apparently, late comers will have to join from the back, as there will not be an opportunity to join in as the march goes along.

Attention Skynews, if you're on here again can you make an aghast Kay Burley read this ^^ out later pls thx cunts.

Throw a few fucks into them.

Sky News reporter saying the protesters around Piccadilly Circus are peaceful but "there are other sort of anarchist groups somewhere I don't know"

The march is absolutely massive - any news on crowd estimates?

Anything from 100,000-450,000 :D

I think a figure of 250,000-300,000 will be the one reported though.

I think TUC expected 100,000 but there's obviously more. Depends on who you're watching

Paint being thrown at police/TopShop on Oxford street who are making arrests amid the smoke from flares.

Police state "lightbulbs filled with ammonia" thrown at them...wtf?? Surely "bottles of piss"....who'd go to the trouble of filling a lightbulb with ammonia?

It doesn't really annoy me, I find it quite amusing watching the anarchists and SWP smash stuff up and it only helps discredit the general point of the march.

Proof that those causing disruption are "anarchists and SWP", please.

I mean, obviously most people reading your cockamamie utterances realise you're talking shit based on your ignorance and prejudice, but I like to force you to acknowledge your own despicable crassness occasionally.

Lol at the idea of the SWP being in Oxford street :D Probably the one area around there at the moment where nobody will try to sell you a paper.

i find joy in the idea that as the boat race lovers tuck in to their hampers the 'Royal' suppliers get battered

I recall the Poll Tax 'riot'

Got a nice bottle of champous meself

Home now. It was huuuuge. Brilliant atmosphere with drummers and assorted music. I bow to fractionMan and his suitcase-sound-system. Truly inspired. :D

Absolutely stonking good day - all very good natured, great music, chilled people.

We were outside Fortnums when the few people climbed up, all a bit of a non-event, though they did open a window, hang a banner and chalk on the walls - gave us all a laugh. I have no idea how they managed to amass so many police wagons...every road we looked down had about a dozen parked up. Every bloody house in London was probably broken into today -there can't have been a rozzer free for miles.

eta: 400,000 being reported...

Back now. Amazing day - wonderful vibe. So many people, lots of noise and colour. Started off at Pink & Black Bloc to the sound of someone with a soundsystem on a bike which got everyone into the mood :D

Word got around at one point that people from the South London feeder had started to approach, and then get over Westminster Bridge :cool:

Got a bit sidetracked from that and headed on down to Oxford St to see what was going on - lively scenes. Then went to Green Park originally planning to get down to Hyde Park but heard it all kicking off at Piccadilly.

Was going to check what was going on but getting to Regent St and seeing the riot cops rolling in and hearing various reports of what was going off down Piccadilly, kept a distance - couldn't be done with getting caught up with things.

Just back with the family. Good fun all round. Stayed clear of trouble as the kids are young, but we had a good 2 minutes of swearing outside Downing Street and the kids enjoyed the noise and atmosphere. Mammoth turnout so all good. :)

Back
Top Bottom