Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

‘March for the Alternative’ - 26th March - London

heh. Read something the other day about icons of lenin still being popular in russia. Cos marx was a foriegner and stalin was a georgian peasant. But lenin was a true son of mother russia. Can't test the veracity of that claim but it did cause me a small chuckle.

Stalin is idolised by many neo nazis in Russia. Probably because of his treatment of the minorities and forced deportation of entire peoples.

such policies predated uncle joe and the naz-bol lot are fucking idiots. It is simple semiotic appropriation of symbols and historical figures. The power that is given to those symbols becomes a gift for those wankers simply because they are able to use the symbols to gull people who might look upon the reign of stalin fondly.

nazbol_ru_by_AnaNichtigkeit.jpg

cute, but wrong.

Am I missing the point.
The biggest demo in these times and you are debating Stalin and Russia.
Everyone turn up.
We are all affected by the greed of the rich, but we live now.

I just booked my coach tickets. For various reasons I'm most inclined to do UKUncut stuff. I'll check out their site, but is it just a case of turning up on Ox St if nowt else?

I just booked my coach tickets. For various reasons I'm most inclined to do UKUncut stuff. I'll check out their site, but is it just a case of turning up on Ox St if nowt else?

yeah, unless you have a group already that you can organise an occupation with, just decide which of the ones listed on ukuncut's website you like the most and go there at 2

Well we are going to be there, but bringing the baby so no big night out beforehand :D

:( what has become of urban75. we are an aging population with babies and wotnot.

i suggest the ed cobble together some u75 teeshirts and flags and other marketing merchandise so we can try and recruit some of da yoot! otherwise there is no future. except if yous lot make loads of babies and then indoctrinate them into these here anarchist n trotskyist ways while they are still young and vulnerable to coercian!

Anyway, it's fast approaching and I've organised nothing. I'd like to come up friday night and hook up with some urbaneers but I'll need a place to stay!

*hint hint*

two convergance spaces have apparently been opened for people coming down for the march. Details will be released on indymedia on Thursday.

:( what has become of urban75. we are an aging population with babies and wotnot.

i suggest the ed cobble together some u75 teeshirts and flags and other marketing merchandise so we can try and recruit some of da yoot! otherwise there is no future. except if yous lot make loads of babies and then indoctrinate them into these here anarchist n trotskyist ways while they are still young and vulnerable to coercian!

From being on several of the student demo's last year, I suspect that many of the young people have little to learn from us oldens and indeed point the way to a steep learning curve successfully scaled in a matter of mere weeks.

<In response to Onket >
Convergence spaces conveys a dismaying view of uncontrollable amounts of strangers (sorry comrades) filling up my flat and demanding vegan food and ridiculing my "ownership" of a cat. I was more mentioning being host to out of towners. ;)

<In response to Onket >
Convergence spaces conveys a dismaying view of uncontrollable amounts of strangers (sorry comrades) filling up my flat and demanding vegan food and ridiculing my "ownership" of a cat. I was more mentioning being host to out of towners. ;)

:D You do right.

I won't be around for the march, but good luck to everyone going. I'm guessing after the main march there'll be some head cracking, so remember to buddy up. And the che flag, at least attach it to a solid bit of wood....

Back
Top Bottom