Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

• Total voters
I voted Rudd ages ago, but it's pretty clear now she's going to be endorsing the next leader rather than running herself.

I'm toying with the idea that Gove will get it - at a tempting 11/1 no less - but then I keep thinking that 1) he endorsed May's deal and 2) he doesn't look like he could be PM.

Think Gove could get through to the last two as he’s kept his head down a bit and is more of a pragmatist than an idealist. But the party members will want someone more extreme.

So the only thing that can save is from Johnson now is if the parliamentary tory tarty have some standards.

Probably better just to book one way tickets to South America now and beat the rush then.

So the only thing that can save is from Johnson now is if the parliamentary tory tarty have some standards.

Probably better just to book one way tickets to South America now and beat the rush then.
Pretty much - and a tory party that has just got ripped apart by farage. Everything points to Johnson getting on the ballot paper. In fact - statement of the very obvious - he'd have to come 3rd in the MPs poll, which is unlikely.

Pretty much - and a tory party that has just got ripped apart by farage. Everything points to Johnson getting on the ballot paper. In fact - statement of the very obvious - he'd have to come 3rd in the MPs poll, which is unlikely.

Hmmmm, I dunno - Raab could fill the space and appeal to the members and isn't hated by the Parliamentary Party.

Hmmmm, I dunno - Raab could fill the space and appeal to the members and isn't hated by the Parliamentary Party.
May well be and I think I've posted before that the favourite rarely wins the tory election (either on this voting method or the old MPs only version). From memory, the MPs bit is secret ballot, so that they can pledge fealties to whoever they want, whilst fucking them over when they vote. Suspect there will be some fierce discussions between local associations and tory MPs, with a good few of them posting pictures showing they voted as instructed.

Why on earth would anyone want Johnson? What's his appeal? He was a shit London Mayor and a shit Foreign Secretary. Isn't he also supposed to be a shit constituency MP, too?

Why on earth would anyone want Johnson? What's his appeal? He was a shit London Mayor and a shit Foreign Secretary. Isn't he also supposed to be a shit constituency MP, too?
He's a shit everything. He's a shit. But people have voted for him in the past and may do so in the future. I don't get it either.

If the Boris does get the gig , it wouldn't surprise me if he went for another referendum.
He'd could end up doing several things, loon style brexit, rehashed maydeal, even a gen election if he thought he'd get himself a full five years. But I can't see any circumstances where he'd go for a 2nd ref.

Johnson will win if he's on the ballot. I think everyone knows that. It's the single biggest reason why he might not make it on there.

Back
Top Bottom