Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

• Total voters
I'm going to put a few quid on Johnson. Not because I'm a betting man but because I really, really want him to win, just see how much cheaper my Amazon purchases become when the €1 is worth about £500 :D

_107027652_3gove300-nc.png

The thing is, the thing I genuinely don't get, is that there are people in this world, Tory Party members, who will loom that this photo and go, "That's my man!"
He looks like a College Lecturer who said a funny joke in 2003 and is still living off it now, and this is the face he pulls when he says it....

I'm going to put a few quid on Johnson. Not because I'm a betting man but because I really, really want him to win, just see how much cheaper my Amazon purchases become when the €1 is worth about £500 :D

Johnson & a no deal brexit will seriously hit the Irish economy, why are you into self-harm?

BBC claims Rudd is actually running. That's interesting.
tbh I think all we can really know at this stage is that a lot is going to change over the next few weeks. It wouldn't surprise me, for instance, if something were to happen/be engineered to nobble Johnson and force him to pull out. In fact that might be worth a bet - what odds on Johnson pulling out of the race before the final vote?

tbh I think all we can really know at this stage is that a lot is going to change over the next few weeks. It wouldn't surprise me, for instance, if something were to happen/be engineered to nobble Johnson and force him to pull out. In fact that might be worth a bet - what odds on Johnson pulling out of the race before the final vote?
I wonder if his father ever wished he'd pulled out sooner.

View attachment 172050

The thing is, the thing I genuinely don't get, is that there are people in this world, Tory Party members, who will loom that this photo and go, "That's my man!"
He looks like a College Lecturer who said a funny joke in 2003 and is still living off it now, and this is the face he pulls when he says it....
That's a default Tory face. It's the result of hundreds of years of selective inbreeding. I'd be surprised to find one who didn't look like that.

The favourite doesnt generally win in Tory Leadership contests, May was favourite but was anointed, Thatcher wasnt favourite early doors , Major wasn't either . IDS was a WTF ? Hague , I'm not sure but I don't think he was the initial front runner.I don't think Cameron was fave early doors either .

The favourite doesnt generally win in Tory Leadership contests, May was favourite but was anointed, Thatcher wasnt favourite early doors , Major wasn't either . IDS was a WTF ? Hague , I'm not sure but I don't think he was the initial front runner.I don't think Cameron was fave early doors either .
David Davies was fave before Cameron "wowed" the Tory faithful by doing a speech without notes

Or on the other side of the House, Corbyn.

My main worry about Johnson is how much damage he could do before he was got rid of.

Or that he would be disastrous but difficult to dislodge, like Trump.

BoJo for PM eh? serves us right for laughing at the Yanks for electing Trump.
BoJo is a self-serving cunt who cares about naught but himself even Mayhem at least cared about the Party if not the country.
Yet despite this there seem to be a lot of people who believe in the face of all reason that he is the man to deliver the rainbow Brexit with magic unicorns that he promised them much like people who keep giving money to scammers in the belief that finally they have found one on the level.
Once he fails to deliver as he inevitably will then his fall from grace will be spectacular but in the meantime he could do a lot of harm and I do think that he could win an election since he basically promises magic unicorns even though everyone knows they don't exist but some people still cling to the belief that maybe they do.

Betfair punters have TCJ at evens...

View attachment 172057
It's all still just name recognition at the moment. Of course Johnson is way ahead. It doesn't mean that much.

The make up of the initial electorate hasn't changed that much from last time. The remain side then had 200, 60% of the votes. It will be down a bit on that now, but not that much. The hard leavers had 130 between the three of them. With a bit of nouse, it would be fairly easy for the MP's to work it so that Johnson got nowhere near the ballot paper.

They could also fuck it up massively and make it Johnson versus some fuckwit we've barely heard of, of course.

It's all still just name recognition at the moment. Of course Johnson is way ahead. It doesn't mean that much.

The make up of the initial electorate hasn't changed that much from last time. The remain side then had 200, 60% of the votes. It will be down a bit on that now, but not that much. The hard leavers had 130 between the three of them. With a bit of nouse, it would be fairly easy for the MP's to work it so that Johnson got nowhere near the ballot paper.

They could also fuck it up massively and make it Johnson versus some fuckwit we've barely heard of, of course.
Different game now.
With Farage laying waste to their 'core' if they don't offer the members some 'red meat' of a 'hard' Brexiteer on the ballot...they're royally fucked.

May wasn't favourite, Boris Johnson was.

Oh, for sure, one of them has to be on it. Just not Johnson.
Yeah, but the selectorate will be looking over their shoulders at their own associations and thinking of Boles etc.
A fair few will be terrified of upsetting the nasty backwoodsmen

Yeah, but the selectorate will be looking over their shoulders at their own associations and thinking of Boles etc.
A fair few will be terrified of upsetting the nasty backwoodsmen
Secret ballot, innit.

Have we had this, btw?

123.PNG

Back
Top Bottom