Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

• Total voters
Yet despite this there seem to be a lot of people who believe in the face of all reason that he is the man to deliver the rainbow Brexit with magic unicorns that he promised them much like people who keep giving money to scammers in the belief that finally they have found one on the level.

I think this is the reason behind his (to many of us) inexplicable popularity.

If he couldn't deliver buses that don't overheat, water cannon that are actually of some use*, and a garden bridge that ended in spectacular failure costing the taxpayer millions, the useless fucker's hardly going to deliver Brexit!

*not that I'd have wanted them put to use

Last edited:
a lot of people who believe in the face of all reason that he is the man to deliver the rainbow Brexit with magic unicorns that he promised them much like people who keep giving money to scammers in the belief that finally they have found one on the level.

he' seems to be lining up for the "fuck business" no deal route. Which you CAN do - the question is whether you actually want to ?

Brady resigned from the 1922 committee so pretty certain to run..

I have expected something like this from Brady since I posted the first response to this thread.
Standing down from the 1922, even if he fails in this leadership bid, it allows him the opportunity to return to the front benches and build up ministerial experience.

Johnson will probably get it at this point, as the sitting Tory MPs will see him attracting the votes that have recently gone to the Brexit Party. How long Johnson survives after guaranteeing the Tory MPs keeping their seats is another story.

Johnson will probably get it at this point, as the sitting Tory MPs will see him attracting the votes that have recently gone to the Brexit Party. How long Johnson survives after guaranteeing the Tory MPs keeping their seats is another story.

Johnson has already promised that the UK will be leaving the EU on 31 October ‘deal or no deal’. His first blatant lie of the campaign?

Sorry to keep repeating myself (and I've recently have Grayson Perry back up my view) but damn you, Angus!

Johnson's fucked already.uk will leave in October deal or No deal. That's not within his power as pm. Its not his gift to give. He's going to stumble very quickly.

Amazing he’ll hold the top job. I don’t think he’s stupid but his character is appalling.

majority of tory members very much do want a "no deal" hard brexit. 76% of them according the the article below. And its them who make the final choice.
FWIW, back in January the ESRC found 57% of tory members in favour of 'No-Deal'...may well have changed since then.
New BBC piece claiming that
...fully two-thirds of [members] back a no-deal Brexit - an outcome supported by only a quarter of voters as a whole.
But I cannot see any source, so take with pinch of salt.

Since when as being a blatant liar impeded anyone from becoming the leader of a political party?

Absolutely, but this lie is (a) specific and (b) is going to be disproved very quickly. How will the hard Brexiteers who feel let down by May react when exactly the same happens with Johnson?

Or he really does hard Brexit of course, which would be... interesting.

So new Tory leader to be elected at the end of July. Commons is closed throughout August and most of September isn't it? Party conferences are taking place too I assume?

I can't see any new Tory leader cancelling recess to do some actual work. They all have too many personal business interests to manage.

How many working days will be allocated to getting Brexit done by the end of October?

I don't think Natalie Rowe is a very reliable source tbh. She comes out with allsorts of mad shit all the time, most of which never has any substance. There's plenty of real verified things to criticise Johnson for without megaphoning grifters like Rowe.
Fair point. There is no shortage of verified racist, stupid and awful shit from this cunt.

Back
Top Bottom