Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

• Total voters
Rory Stewart is now the bookies 2nd favourite with odds varying between 9-1 & 14-1. Seeing as he was the outsider at the beginning he is certainly coming up on the inside rail & seemed to have the backing of the studio on the C4 debate.

He is no better than the rest but might make a better run when it comes to the two horsed race.

Javid came out of that particularly badly-sort of hapless Spok with bog-all to say.Not as bad as Gove though who had to be rescued by Hunt from a charge of hypocrisy that was about to get traction.Boris probably chortling away with his feet up and a bucket of popcorn.

Rory Stewart is now the bookies 2nd favourite with odds varying between 9-1 & 14-1. Seeing as he was the outsider at the beginning he is certainly coming up on the inside rail & seemed to have the backing of the studio on the C4 debate.

He is no better than the rest but might make a better run when it comes to the two horsed race.
He's trying to sell himself as Mr Rational and is actually doing a decent job of it but whilst the general public may go for that, I don't think the people who get to vote for him will. There is still a yearning for magic Brexit with unicorns whilst keeping Jezzer the Red out of No 10.
Boris is promising to do that, he may be selling snake oil but buying it prevents (at least for the moment) having to face the truth.

I can report from a pub in the heart of Tory lane that the refusal of Johnson to do the TV debate has had a somewhat negative reaction.

He may well still win, but I think whoever is his challenger in the party vote will be taken more seriously - less of an also ran than might have been predicted.

The fact that Eton and Oxford educated Rory Stewart, with his patrician credentials the modern equivalent of colonial administration, is able to pull of a ‘Tory man of the people’ act is frankly astonishing.

Johnson has a shit load of enemies. Probably wishful thinking but I really hope somebody somewhere is waiting until the coronation is imminent before releasing the hounds, destroying Johnson's leadership hopes and hopefully career while throwing the Tories into (even more) turmoil as they whimper along to a now inevitable GE on 8% in the polls

yh, can't help but feel there's another twist, or kink, that's going to be revealed to derail the bj express; glad someone like stewart has thrown his hat into the ring.

The fact that Eton and Oxford educated Rory Stewart, with his patrician credentials the modern equivalent of colonial administration, is able to pull of a ‘Tory man of the people’ act is frankly astonishing.
Good listener though-like Corbyn but with ears like errant wings.

I can report from a pub in the heart of Tory lane that the refusal of Johnson to do the TV debate has had a somewhat negative reaction.

He may well still win, but I think whoever is his challenger in the party vote will be taken more seriously - less of an also ran than might have been predicted.
BoJo the Clown's minders are trying to keep him out of the public eye as much as possible for fear that he will say something so mindboggingly stupid that it will screw even his chances. He's not even remotely in Trumpelstiltskin's league but he regularly comes as across as willing to chow down on his own foot.

Yeah quite agree-he was the one that compared himself with Jezza---lol.

He’s not cranky enough to be Corbyn. Also ‘I’m going to cut taxes for the rich in a really nice way, cos I’m just a humble upper middle class twat’ would run out of road fast I suspect.

D9NBm1xX4AAbsaJ.jpg

hmm.jpg

Seriously? His peoples thing is a fucking daft idea (pity had time for him) - it'll just end up are anguement over their make up that would be exceedingly gnarly

Just watching the debate now on youtube. Kinda funny they empty chaired Johnson. Though doubt it will make much difference.

The no-show of Johnson for this one will, I assume, be overshadowed by whatever sort of performance he puts in on the BBC one on Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom