Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

• Total voters
Actually, Johnson will be delighted about this. Nil chance of being found guilty, whilst boosting his campaign.

This is a first, isn't it?

Conservative leadership: BBC to host TV debates

Is it appropriate that one party (any party) gets this sort of special treatment from the state broadcaster and will it set a precedent?

This seems dodgy - gives candidates a chance to become ‘household names’, improves recognition, people will say stuff like, ‘oh, I liked that one’; ‘yeah, that ones alright actually’ and so on. Plus the candidates will all be having a free hit at the other parties without them having a chance to defend themselves, expect a lot of ‘Labour crashed the economy’ and so on. But then it’s not like it’s ever been a level playing field, state or non-state media.

Johnson facing court appearance (£350m thing):
Boris Johnson to appear in court over misconduct claims

Not sure if that helps or hinders his leadership bid. I would be amusing if, when he ultimately appears, he's backed up by a Farage picket outside the court.
Politician named in "Politicians are Lying Cunts Shocker!"
Whilst watching Boris squirm a bit is a good thing I can't imagine much if anything coming from this

Rory Stewart wrote a decent book about walking across Afghanistan (“The Places Inbetween”) just after the Taliban had been kicked from power. It’s readable, interesting, and he was nice to a dog which should endear him to half of Urban.

I read it before knowing he was a Tory MP.

I am of course only mentioning this to piss off killer b.

Coming back to Boris, he is being summoned to appear before a District Judge for a preliminary hearing, and then the case could be sent to the Crown Court for trial.

Now it's doubtful if it will get to Crown Court, but in view of the deadline on picking the leadership candidates to put to the membership, there's a bloody good chance a ruling on that wouldn't be made in that time-frame.

Surely, MPs wouldn't allow him to go forward with this hanging over his head?

Although, it would be bloody funny if they did, and then as PM, he's found guilty & sent to prison. :thumbs: :D

Coming back to Boris, he is being summoned to appear before a District Judge for a preliminary hearing, and then the case could be sent to the Crown Court for trial.

Now it's doubtful if it will get to Crown Court, but in view of the deadline on picking the leadership candidates to put to the membership, there's a bloody good chance a ruling on that wouldn't be made in that time-frame.

Surely, MPs wouldn't allow him to go forward with this hanging over his head?

Although, it would be bloody funny if they did, and then as PM, he's found guilty & sent to prison. :thumbs: :D
tbh it would be funny enough if the judge says, mr johnson you're going to prison for life - no, i tell a lie, i'm fining you £400,000

tbh it would be funny enough if the judge says, mr johnson you're going to prison for life - no, i tell a lie, i'm fining you £400,000

400k is about the correct sum for those water canons - “The machines cost £322,000 to buy second-hand and then refit - including £32,004 for low emission zone compliance, £19,035 for re-painting, £3,109.20 for signage, and £970.50 for the fitting of radios and CD players.”

400k is about the correct sum for those water canons - “The machines cost £322,000 to buy second-hand and then refit - including £32,004 for low emission zone compliance, £19,035 for re-painting, £3,109.20 for signage, and £970.50 for the fitting of radios and CD players.”
perhaps he could be sentenced to being water-cannoned for life

Rory Stewart wrote a decent book about walking across Afghanistan (“The Places Inbetween”) just after the Taliban had been kicked from power. It’s readable, interesting, and he was nice to a dog which should endear him to half of Urban.

I read it before knowing he was a Tory MP.

I am of course only mentioning this to piss off killer b.

I read that book too before he was an MP. I did wonder WTF he was thinking walking across Afghan during the US led invasion and at the height of the hunt for Bin Laden. He manages not to come over as a cunt though, especially when rescuing the dog.

CD players? So you can put Ride of the Valkyries on?

I will take evens, can I put down 70k please
Certainly

For 70k I for one welcome our new PM. How lucky we were that the Tory membership were able to find such a sound chacter whose parentage is beyond question, rest of them were a right bunch of bastards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom