Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

• Total voters
First time I ever heard of Rees mogg was on here about ten years ago, somebody posted this photo and said he went door knocking with his nanny in tow. Remember thinking how otherworldly he was, a fucking pantomime relic.

Mad that he's now fairly mainstream and probably has the strongest grassroots support of any tory
dc35223bede89ab9ee474bb409641c6d.jpg

First time I ever heard of Rees mogg was on here about ten years ago, somebody posted this photo and said he went door knocking with his nanny in tow. Remember thinking how otherworldly he was, a fucking pantomime relic.

Mad that he's now fairly mainstream and probably has the strongest grassroots support of any tory

To be a contrarian in the fully socially liberalised 21st century you have to be excessively straight-laced, traditional to the point of parody. Going against the grain, sticking it to the new man. That’s the game here.

Mogg was never likely to stand, TBH, that's never been his role in the party.

I see that James Brokenshire had weighed in to say that some of those who have put themselves forward should withdraw before nominations close, and that the 1922 is considering changing the rules so that leadership candidates need more than two nominators in future.

"Natural party of government"...

Tory leadership contest: Rule change proposed to limit candidates
Senior backbench Conservative MPs have recommended that the party change its leadership contest rules to limit the number of candidates. The 1922 Committee has suggested increasing the number of MP nominations needed from two to eight.
Candidates will then need to win 5% of votes (16 MPs) in the first ballot and 10% (32 MPs) in the second. The changes - proposed amid criticism about the high number standing so far - will be considered by the party later. One member of the 1922's executive told BBC political correspondent Chris Mason that a decision would be made at about 17:00 BST on Tuesday
If I've understood this correctly, these changes, if approved, would apply to the contest to choose May's successor, because her resignation doesn't take effect until next Friday

This is actually a good read well worth the trouble, they are all trying to set our their stands,
Hunt is selling the "I am a businessman and dealmaker" schtick (Hey it worked for Trump)
Gove is trying to present himself as May but with a backbone
Stewart is definitely making a pitch for the rational Tories (on to a loser there)
Hancock is just shit stirring in the hope that enough of it will stick to everyone else
Raab is desperate and going for the crazy vote.

My preferred means of running this contest would be to lock the lot up with half a dozen starving rabid Rottweilers and see what happens
I suspect the actual contest may be just as entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom