Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I became eligible I booked online using the national website. There was nowhere local to me in this city, so I chose a small town full of old people, figuring that they’d probably all be getting second doses of Pfizer so I stood a better chance of getting Pfizer there.

Later in the day got a text from my GP inviting me to go and get “AZ only”. I didn't think places normally advertised in advance what they are giving out...

Will find out on Wednesday what I’m getting.

Expecting a loved one to have the same experience as you had is a quite common failure to correctly bake the nuances of disease and vaccination and variations between people into our thinking about such matters. It a similar phenomenon to people struggling to believe that someone else had 'the same flu' as them because of differing levels of illness and symptoms. Given that the very same coronavirus can cause no symptoms at all in some people and kill others, the lessons are large and obvious and apply to vaccine side-effects just as they apply to actual disease.

I had the second astrazeneca vaccine 10 days ago and been feeling well ropey since. The second day was definitely a vaccine reaction, enough similarities to the first one - shivers, sweats, nausea, aches - but that was over within 24 hours of it starting. Since then I dunno, it could just be my general physical aches & pains, but I’m being nagged to contact my gp “just in case”.

The yellow card thing? Yeah I’ve done that both times, for the initial 48 hours of full on reaction thing. Haven’t really been able to tell if this week of feeling crappy is related to the vaccine or just coincidence.

I’m almost persuaded it’s worth contacting my dr in any case.

The yellow card thing? Yeah I’ve done that both times, for the initial 48 hours of full on reaction thing. Haven’t really been able to tell if this week of feeling crappy is related to the vaccine or just coincidence.

I’m almost persuaded it’s worth contacting my dr in any case.

could be

i had (after first shot of AZ - not had second yet) 2 days of feeling pretty crappy, a day of less crappy, and then another day of crappy. followed by a fairly indifferent week (functioning but not great) and then noticed i one day that i felt quite bit less crummy than i had done for a week or so.

this (NHS) says side effects can last for a week, and call 111 if you're concerned.

Had the AZ yesterday morning. In the evening I was feeling a bit tired and woozy and had a bit of a temperature coming and going. This morning I woke up with all my joints aching but a couple of paracetamol seemed to sort that out. Feeling OK now. I won't vote yet in case it comes back to bite me but so far it hasn't been too bad compared to what a lot of people have had.

Having said I got away with just a sore arm, yesterday (2.5 days later) I felt well enough to do my morning exercises, though the programme I picked turned out to be harder than expected and I felt exhausted afterwards, and muscles are still aching like a bastard today, which I suspect is a vaccination hangover rather than normal strain. Entirely self inflicted though!

So.. just under 4 weeks since i had my first AZ jab, last week thought id slept funny and trapped a nerve in my shoulder , which has spread down my right arm and have a numbness / pins and needles in my fingers. Finally called 111 last night who told me to contact my Dr's with 24 hours , I have just called them and have a telephone consultation at 9.10 as it may not be a trapped nerve but a blood clot ( im sure / hope to god it isnt )

So.. just under 4 weeks since i had my first AZ jab, last week thought id slept funny and trapped a nerve in my shoulder , which has spread down my right arm and have a numbness / pins and needles in my fingers. Finally called 111 last night who told me to contact my Dr's with 24 hours , I have just called them and have a telephone consultation at 9.10 as it may not be a trapped nerve but a blood clot ( im sure / hope to god it isnt )

Highly, highly unlikely to be a blood clot; much, much more likely to be a run of the mill muscle or nerve issue. If they were that concerned they would/should have sent you to A&E straight away.

E2A: Don't know if you have any risk factors etc. which would change things. Imagine you got asked them on the phone with 111 though.

Acute medicine is dealing with huge amounts of anxiety and caution over vaccine related (or not) issues.

Last edited:
Highly, highly unlikely to be a blood clot; much, much more likely to be a run of the mill muscle or nerve issue. If they were that concerned they would/should have sent you to A&E straight away.

Acute medicine is dealing with huge amounts of anxiety and caution over vaccine related (or not) issues.
Im sure you're right but I'm not going to stop being anxious until i speak to my Dr , the lady on 111 as lovely as she was just seemed to be asking standard questions ( even admitting some wont be relevant )

Im sure you're right but I'm not going to stop being anxious until i speak to my Dr , the lady on 111 as lovely as she was just seemed to be asking standard questions ( even admitting some wont be relevant )

Yeah, totally right to get it checked out. Hope you get a F2F appointment so they can look, and prod and poke it.

Astra Zeneca. Had the jab midday felt fine until 8.30pm then felt extremely woozy and couldn't concentrate. Had a restless nights sleep. Woke up this morning achy , tired and stiff with a little pain where the injection was. Anyway see how the day goes.
Sounds fairly positive - if you've got through the night without feeling flue-y, that's probably as bad as it gets

Had a really bad night‘s sleep last night, and had the AZ this morning. Gonna bosh some promethazine tonight to ward off any more sleeplessness..

Back
Top Bottom