Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, the fever dreams were a bit special. I dreamt that the piece of writing I’m currently working on was alive and the sentences were marching all over me whilst I was trying to sleep in, yes, the bed I was actually in.
How have you been today? Did you get that pleasant wasted feeling?

It's day 4 here and i feel like my brain is finally more or less working normally again, as far as that can be said. The last few days have been a constant feeling of putting the shoes away in the fridge type thing, but with work emails, so not brilliant.
I'm a week and two days post-AZ and my head still isn't clear, though I'm not as tired as I was. It's not been helped by it worsening my hayfever (as long covid has done generally).

Another 9 deaths associated with rare blood clots after the AZ jab. :(

Hopefully now the advice has been updated on when to seek medical advice, that number as a percentage with start coming down.

In a weekly update on side effects from COVID-19 vaccines, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said there were a total of 209 clots with low platelet counts following vaccination with AstraZeneca’s shot, compared to a total of 168 reported last week.

There were 41 deaths following the clots in Britain, the MHRA said, an increase of 9 from last week’s figures, although experts say historic cases might still be feeding through to the totals, and the clots are set to remain a rare event. About 22 million first doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine have been administered in Britain.

Hopefully now the advice has been updated on when to seek medical advice, that number as a percentage with start coming down.
Who sees that advice? I got no verbal advice and no leaflet at my jab. So I have to look up any medical advice. But how many people will do that if they don't feel poorly initially?

First jab of AZ yesterday 2pm.
All good until about 10pm, then hellish night of sweating/freezing/headache etc.

Rallied this afternoon for a couple of hours, thought I'd seen the back of it but now feel worse than ever again.

Don't know if anyone had similar but my hands are bad, like I've sat on them (dead hands) but the sensation won't go away. Don't think there's a circulation problem, they're the normal colour.

Also had crazy dreams in the couple hours sleep I got, one of which was a dream about what I was actually doing, sleeping in my bed with a temperature. Weird.
Yeh, I was bad with all that, and had the hands thing - pins and needles for hours.

Who sees that advice? I got no verbal advice and no leaflet at my jab. So I have to look up any medical advice. But how many people will do that if they don't feel poorly initially?

Since the advice was updated, IIRC end of Mar./early Apr., you should get both verbal advice & the updated leaflet too.

You really are bang out of luck if that happens to you. That being said I will be glad when my first one is out of the way.

Not very clear cut. I was invited by GP but went to a site with NHS branding that seems to be serving a cluster of GPs in the area, and maybe others besides.
Sounds like a GP hub, I had my first AZ jab at my GP hub on 20the March, and the story had only just broke, and I was verbally given advice, that's before the MHRA had updated their advice.

My SiL is on the front desk at a NHS site, booking people in, she's giving verbal advice & told me they are also giving out the up to date leaflet, which arrived a couple of weeks ago.

the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said there were a total of 209 clots with low platelet counts following vaccination with AstraZeneca’s shot

I've never understood that. Platelets are responsible for clotting so how can you get clots with a low platelet count unless they have all clumped together? :confused: :confused:

I've never understood that. Platelets are responsible for clotting so how can you get clots with a low platelet count unless they have all clumped together? :confused: :confused:

Prothrombotic immune thrombocytopenia

Scientists have termed the condition “vaccine-induced prothrombotic immune thrombocytopenia” (VIPIT)
Thrombocytopenia is a condition whereby the numbers of thrombocytes (very small blood particles, or platelets) are markedly reduced. Platelets form clots to stop bleeding, so when you don’t have enough platelets in your blood, your body can’t form clots. This can lead to excessive bleeding.
In rare cases of thrombocytopenia, clots can develop in the vessels draining blood from the brain. VIPIT appears to present 4-20 days after vaccination, and so far, the issue has been largely associated with women under the age of 65.

The vaccine stimulates our immune system to generate antibodies against the spike protein, which then primes the body to mount an immune response against SARS-CoV-2 if it encounters the virus in the future.

But in some people, the AstraZeneca vaccine seems to produce antibodies that react with platelets, making them stick together, leading the blood to clot. This in turn reduces circulating platelet numbers, and hence the thrombocytopenia.

These antibodies are similar to those found in some people on a blood-thinning drug called heparin. The immune response to heparin generates antibodies that bind to platelets. This can lead to blood clots in some people, called heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. As many as one in 20 patients receiving heparin develop thrombocytopenia.

Had AZ at 9am yesterday. From around midnight had a hellish night of high temperature and fever. Bigger problem though is it seems to have kicked off my weird auto immune response where my body creates massively excessive levels of an enzyme called CK. As a result I’m now in a huge amount of muscle pain. It’ll go down over the next 24 hours or so if past experience is anything to go by.

Had AZ at 9am yesterday. From around midnight had a hellish night of high temperature and fever. Bigger problem though is it seems to have kicked off my weird auto immune response where my body creates massively excessive levels of an enzyme called CK. As a result I’m now in a huge amount of muscle pain. It’ll go down over the next 24 hours or so if past experience is anything to go by.

Shit .. I know that elevated CK feeling.
Hope you'll be ok. (((beesonthewhatnow )))

But most people have no/very mild side effects. (And imagine how long you could be out of commission if you got the bloody virus... :( )
Everyone in my house has had the virus, I must have too. All my office colleagues have had it too.
Judging by this thread, most have a bad reaction of at least 24hrs to AZ.
How would I look after my children?

Ah, have you had it then? Never met anyone else before!

Sent u a pm
Yes. I have polymiositis. The first time it hit I was left unable to walk. It was a very extreme autoimmune reaction. So bad that I was put on 120mg prednisolone and hospitalised for 3 weeks. Took me 6 months to walk again and 4 years to feel normal as in without constant pain.
The immunosuppressants I've been on since have kept it somewhat under control. But I get a CPK test every 6 weeks or so.

Back
Top Bottom