Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had the AZ one last week. Had it around lunchtime, didn't feel any effects until about midnight when I started to get the chills a bit, which went on for much of the night. The next day I felt generally nauseated, worst in the morning. Day after that, I was pretty much fine again except for a little bit of a sore arm.

I hadn't read any of this thread until now by the way, because if I had I would have started worrying about whether I'd get horrible side effects.

If there's another thread about 2nd jabs where everyone says the side effects were less bad, please point me to it. If there's one with everyone saying the 2nd jab is worse, don't point me to it.

I hadn't read any of this thread until now by the way, because if I had I would have started worrying about whether I'd get horrible side effects.

If there's another thread about 2nd jabs where everyone says the side effects were less bad, please point me to it. If there's one with everyone saying the 2nd jab is worse, don't point me to it.
Most are reporting the second jab side effects are not as bad.

I had the AstraZeneca jab on Saturday afternoon. I woke up Sunday feeling like crap, so I had some Paramol and then some more Paramol and then I got stoned and by that point I was feeling pretty fucking good. This morning I had a foggy head and feel quite pleasant, but with a small bruise on my arm.

Not sure that helps with describing any side effects of the vaccine.

about a week ago (a bit over 2 weeks after vaccination) I did noticeably feel a bit less crap one day.

nothing drastic after the first few days, just minor headaches and general undefined crappy feeling.

Has anyone else had a really sore arm and lack of strength after their jab?
My husband had the Moderna a week and a half ago and he can't sleep at night because of the pain in his shoulder. During the day, while he's using it, it seems ok but when he's resting it begins to hurt. :confused:

Has anyone else had a really sore arm and lack of strength after their jab?
My husband had the Moderna a week and a half ago and he can't sleep at night because of the pain in his shoulder. During the day, while he's using it, it seems ok but when he's resting it begins to hurt. :confused:

I was the same after first Pfizer, only lasted 24 hours though. Over a week is slightly concerning.

I had the AZ vaccine. The only side effect being a profound and abiding gratitude for science and medicine.

Before we get too carried away with side effects, let's not forget that 28% of those on vaccine trials who were given the placebo experienced side effects from it. Almost 1 in 3. From a placebo.

Been slightly reluctant to update because tbh its been shit, I'm almost fine again but not quite. Worst was done in 12 hours and fever is totally gone now but I think its a good idea if people prepare themselves for the possibility of being not able to function normally at all for a couple of days after having the jab, like don't plan to do anything strenuous or difficult or social.
I think tbh this should be factored in to people's work schedules, 2 days off should be an automatic thing you get with your sticker.
I dont know whether having antibodies already makes you more likely to have a rough time, seems so anecdotally.

I had the AZ vaccine. The only side effect being a profound and abiding gratitude for science and medicine.

Before we get too carried away with side effects, let's not forget that 28% of those on vaccine trials who were given the placebo experienced side effects from it. Almost 1 in 3. From a placebo.
I said something similar to a neighbour and came back and looked it up and it's actually nocebo. Placebo's when the body decides it's got better, nocebo when it decides it's got worse.

Much the same for me as others. I had AZ yesterday and I’ve just spent the most dreadful night shivering and sweating, having fever dreams and with a headache. I took paracetamol at 4:30 in the morning and that helped a lot — went back to sleep then until 6. I feel now like I have a fuzzy head with the edges of a headache, a bit of nausea and just generally achy and grotty. I’m glad I knew this could happen — if I had been completely clueless then I might have been a bit worried!

Much the same for me as others. I had AZ yesterday and I’ve just spent the most dreadful night shivering and sweating, having fever dreams and with a headache. I took paracetamol at 4:30 in the morning and that helped a lot — went back to sleep then until 6. I feel now like I have a fuzzy head with the edges of a headache, a bit of nausea and just generally achy and grotty. I’m glad I knew this could happen — if I had been completely clueless then I might have been a bit worried!
I blame a lack of moral fibre.

I'm virtually teetotal at present so haven't had a hangover for more than a year now. But the way I felt on the day after having the AZ was very similar to how I feel on day 2 of a hangover.

First jab of AZ yesterday 2pm.
All good until about 10pm, then hellish night of sweating/freezing/headache etc.

Rallied this afternoon for a couple of hours, thought I'd seen the back of it but now feel worse than ever again.

Don't know if anyone had similar but my hands are bad, like I've sat on them (dead hands) but the sensation won't go away. Don't think there's a circulation problem, they're the normal colour.

Also had crazy dreams in the couple hours sleep I got, one of which was a dream about what I was actually doing, sleeping in my bed with a temperature. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom