Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so do i - that would really fuck my insides :(

oh well that's just fucking lovely isn't it? :mad: it's all about you and your oh so precious insides. not even so much as a second thought for the poor little latex baby you could be carrying :mad:

i thought better of you soj i really did :mad:

oh well that's just fucking lovely isn't it? :mad: it's all about you and your oh so precious insides. not even so much as a second thought for the poor little latex baby you could be carrying :mad:

i thought better of you soj i really did :mad:

i know

BUT - think of this. the little fucker would never even grow, no matter how much i fed it. and then because of that, the social would take it off me, and it'd grow up as a brazilian street orphan - probably killed by hoodies at the tender age of 6. still looking as small as a newborn :(

*weeps*

Fake salade Niçoise: using blanched asparagus instead of beans, substituting kalamatas for the proper olives, and poached salmon in place of the tuna-- all on a huge bed of lettuce and spinach chiffonade. The potatoes, boiled eggs and capers are traditional, at least.

(And I'm not mentioning the delightful cold soup that preceded it, in the interest of avoiding the inevitable slings and arrows) :p

^^ what was it? Strawberry Ice soup? Otherwise known as a sorbet to the rest of the universe? ;):p

Right, well today is the day - tom kha fucking gai it is :cool: minus rice sticks though. I like to dump a pile of rice sticks (that have sat in some hot water for a few mins) at the bottom of a deep dish, then pour the soup all over and let them soak it up. Except I don't have any left - and quelle surprise, can't get any round here :mad:

Egg noodles will have to do, but it'll be nothing like how I wanted it.

*bitch,moan,whinge*

Spinach and feta cheese filo pastry pie, with potato gratin on the side. I am being shown how to do this so i go back to the UK with a dazzling new showpiece. :cool:

^^ what was it? Strawberry Ice soup? Otherwise known as a sorbet to the rest of the universe? ;):p

Right, well today is the day - tom kha fucking gai it is :cool: minus rice sticks though. I like to dump a pile of rice sticks (that have sat in some hot water for a few mins) at the bottom of a deep dish, then pour the soup all over and let them soak it up. Except I don't have any left - and quelle surprise, can't get any round here :mad:

Egg noodles will have to do, but it'll be nothing like how I wanted it.

*bitch,moan,whinge*

I've not heard of rice sticks...what are they?

Cheeky. A variation on that-- a blueberry soup with sauternes and mint (no yoghurt).

I feel your pain... we're an hour from the nearest Chinese or Indian grocery store, and two hours from a good one. Every couple of months I do what my partner calls "Otter's Jars and Bottles Tour". (He'd rather jump in front of a bus than join me on these forays.) That's also when I stock up on noodles and rices.

Today: by request, slow-cooker pot roast w/ potatoes, carrots and parsnips. Green salad. Apricot strudel for dessert.

Cheeky. A variation on that-- a blueberry soup with sauternes and mint (no yoghurt).

I feel your pain... we're an hour from the nearest Chinese or Indian grocery store, and two hours from a good one. Every couple of months I do what my partner calls "Otter's Jars and Bottles Tour". (He'd rather jump in front of a bus than join me on these forays.) That's also when I stock up on noodles and rices.

that is sooo not bloody soup man! :D

anyway, I've got myself all worked up about the lack of rice sticks, so am once again postponing the tom fucking kha bastard gai, and will make something involving chicken, peppers, chillies and garlic instead.

Will pick up a job lot of rice sticks and other assorted items from Mattas in Liverpool next week. The online place I usually get stuff from has been out of stock of everything I want for a month now

a sausage, chorizo & bean stew thing which was fucking gorgeous - still wish I'd had some garlic bread though :D

will have it later in the week :cool:

I'll look out for rice sticks in future. My carb repertoire is based around spuds and pasta and very occasionally rice, so noodles and rice sticks should butt in for a change.

Tonight I had a cheese and spring onion omlette. Nice and easy to set me up for a night of ironing :mad:

Kidney bean and lentil burgers. They were tasty, but dry and crumbly. Will amend the recipe next time.

At about 8,I had homemade vegan pizza (which I didn't make) with olives,artichokes and vegan cheese with rocket on top.It was teh lush.Washed down with a few grass vodka's and apple juice..But I just got home and was getting hunger pangs so I just had a quick sundried tomato and red onion beefburger that I had in the freezer made over from the other day.. :)

I'm having pan fried catfish with corn on the cob and a dollop of coleslaw. My very favourite :)

(It's ten to eight in NJ, I don't normally have my dinner at midnight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom